Whiskey/scotch drinkers?

The only rum I have ever really liked is Blue Chair Bay which is almost exclusively flavored rums that Kenny Chesney owns. Shit does not taste like booze though.

I've never found a silver or spiced rum that I like but the last time I drank rum a lot I was like 20-22 so everyone was buying that Parrot Bay trash or Tatu by Captain Morgan so I'm open to suggestions.

I've finally found a pair of Tequila brands I like so diversifying is in order.
ron zacapa 23

you'll thank me for this

rum_ron_de_venezuelan_dobozban_n.jpg

ron-zacapa-centenario.jpg

el-dorado-15-year-old-special-reserve-guyanan-rum-43-70cl.jpg

Flor%20De%20Cana%20Centenario%2018%20YR%20Rum%20750ml.jpg

These are excellent widely available rums to try.
I definitely recommend that Venezuelan rum. but you won't go wrong with zacapa.

zacapa makes an XO, negra and one other which escapes me, the 23 us better than them all

sf7xuc.jpg

This is my current top shelf in my liquor cabinet. The cheap stuff does not get laid out so nice.

Edit : Oh and just noticed you can't see this bottle hiding behind the casamigos.

julio.jpg

Last edited:
The only rum I have ever really liked is Blue Chair Bay which is almost exclusively flavored rums that Kenny Chesney owns. Shit does not taste like booze though.

I've never found a silver or spiced rum that I like but the last time I drank rum a lot I was like 20-22 so everyone was buying that Parrot Bay trash or Tatu by Captain Morgan so I'm open to suggestions.

I've finally found a pair of Tequila brands I like so diversifying is in order.
I'm not a tequila drinker but the don Julio 70 year old is fucking outstanding. doesnt even feel like you're drinking tequila

Literally just finished a glass. You fucking stalker!

We bought several bottles for my wedding and this is the last one.

Some crazy odds.
Nice. I'll toast you with some later this evening as I stalk you!

as for cognac skip all the name branded ones. go for a south African brandy like tocara or even kwv has some decent ones.

as for cognac skip all the name branded ones. go for a south African brandy like tocara or even kwv has some decent ones.
Go ahead Paul Newbman. Tell me what you think of my cabinet. Don't hold back. I can take it!

I'm not a tequila drinker but the don Julio 70 year old is fucking outstanding. doesnt even feel like you're drinking tequila
That's how this is for me:
Casamigos-Brand-Page-720x720-article.jpg

I also love how non-descript the bottles are compared to most tequila brands which are overly extravagant and outrageous looking.

That's how this is for me:
Casamigos-Brand-Page-720x720-article.jpg

I also love how non-descript the bottles are compared to most tequila brands which are overly extravagant and outrageous looking.
I could never drink tequila prior. The smell made me want to throw up.

A friend of mine introduced me to some real fine tequilas and changed my view. A true top shelf tequila is right up there with my favorite spirits now.

I have a bottle of George Clooney's Casamigo in my cabinet you can see above. It is a very good tequila but not at the level of the top shelf stuff he had of which I, unfortunately cannot remember the names.

I could never drink tequila prior. The smell made me want to throw up.

A friend of mine introduced me to some real fine tequilas and changed my view. A true top shelf tequila is right up there with my favorite spirits now.

I have a bottle of George Clooney's Casamigo in my cabinet you can see above. It is a very good tequila but not at the level of the top shelf stuff he had of which I, unfortunately cannot remember the names.
For me with tequila I can't do the name brand shit like Patron or Jose... tastes like shit to me.

sf7xuc.jpg

This is my current top shelf in my liquor cabinet. The cheap stuff does not get laid out so nice.

Edit : Oh and just noticed you can't see this bottle hiding behind the casamigos.

julio.jpg
dude

it looks like I want to come over tonight

how is that DJ anejo?

dude

it looks like I want to come over tonight

how is that DJ anejo?
I like it. I've had better tequila. I would say the CasaMigo is as good at the DJ Anejo. But they are both certainly good.

Just let me know when you are coming over and I will break out the good glassware.

<GinJuice>

rum_ron_de_venezuelan_dobozban_n.jpg

ron-zacapa-centenario.jpg

el-dorado-15-year-old-special-reserve-guyanan-rum-43-70cl.jpg

Flor%20De%20Cana%20Centenario%2018%20YR%20Rum%20750ml.jpg

These are excellent widely available rums to try.
With the exception of Flor de Cana, the rest of these have quite a bit of sugar added post-distillation. I highly recommend looking out for brands from Barbados, Jamaica or Martinique, or do some research on brands that don’t add sugar post-distillation (Balcones, Flor de Cana, Grander, etc.).

Here’s a nice reference to let you know if you’re drinking rum Kool-Aid or not.

http://rumproject.com/rumforum/viewtopic.php?t=1683

Grabbed the Highland 12 since it was on sale.

Good pick
I went after work so I was in a suit (shirt and pants and I do the button on suspender thing)

Guy at checkout:
“I’m so glad to see people get this instead of the usual stuff0

I went after work so I was in a suit (shirt and pants and I do the button on suspender thing)

Guy at checkout:
“I’m so glad to see people get this instead of the usual stuff0

Guys at my shop know me pretty good by now, one of the last times I was in there I got Tomatin 12 French cask and all they did was give me shit for finally buying it and how they felt offended I took so long to listen to their recommendation. I wish I had bought it earlier its awesome shit.

Guys at my shop know me pretty good by now, one of the last times I was in there I got Tomatin 12 French cask and all they did was give me shit for finally buying it and how they felt offended I took so long to listen to their recommendation. I wish I had bought it earlier its awesome shit.
I’ve learned to take recommendations. I dot it at my local cigar shop too

Back