Whiskey/scotch drinkers?

rum_ron_de_venezuelan_dobozban_n.jpg

ron-zacapa-centenario.jpg

el-dorado-15-year-old-special-reserve-guyanan-rum-43-70cl.jpg

Flor%20De%20Cana%20Centenario%2018%20YR%20Rum%20750ml.jpg

These are excellent widely available rums to try.
I don't like the Flor de Cana, but I really like the other two. The Diplomatico is what got me into rum. El Dorado 21 is amazing as well.

sf7xuc.jpg

This is my current top shelf in my liquor cabinet. The cheap stuff does not get laid out so nice.

How is the Kirk & Sweeney? Can you compare it to anything? I look at that one alot, but have never pulled the trigger.

I don't like the Flor de Cana, but I really like the other two. The Diplomatico is what got me into rum. El Dorado 21 is amazing as well.

How is the Kirk & Sweeney? Can you compare it to anything? I look at that one alot, but have never pulled the trigger.
I like it but I am not really a rum drinker. But I have a nice small boutique liquor store on my street and I always ask them for recommendations and that is how I got it. So unfortunately i cannot compare it to anything for you. I do know I like it over a little ice, or neat though.

Last edited:
i also love glenmorangie lasanta
I was sceptical due to being underwhelmed by their regular 10yo, but ended up being blown away. Really good. Bottle or 2 shall be bought in the near future

Also, +1 for Diplomatico reserva exclusivo. When on sale here in Croatia (especially on Zagreb airport) it's around 28-35 eur which is around 50% less than Zacapa 23.

eidt No 2, as far as tequila goes, i guess i like my tequilas as close to the original as they come, the age and barrel influence just does not sit well with me. Case in point, Patron (hey, don't judge, i get it cheap in a local duty free store and the bottle looks really nice), Anejo and Reposado do nothing for me while the Silver one tastes delicious. Talked to a local spirit expert and he said when it comes to tequila, he's the same.

Last edited:
My Glenlivet 12 was killed last night... :(

Granted there was only enough in the bottle for a single drink on the rocks but still...

You tried the Stagg Jr Batch 9 (131.9 proof)?? It’s not quite GTS, but it’s pretty damn good!

Not that batch. Think last Jr I had was 4 or 5. I am not the biggest fan of them but I dont like the they sell them at such high proof. Blantons is another good single barrel option that is out there. or Bookers but I not a fan of Bookers expect the 25th. I even passed on the Rye. But Four Roses Store Picks are the best out there.

Not that batch. Think last Jr I had was 4 or 5. I am not the biggest fan of them but I dont like the they sell them at such high proof. Blantons is another good single barrel option that is out there. or Bookers but I not a fan of Bookers expect the 25th. I even passed on the Rye. But Four Roses Store Picks are the best out there.
I’m with you on the Bookers. If i’m going high proof on a Beam product, i much prefer a KC Store Pick. I like the 4R store picks also. Unfortunately it’s tough to get your hands on an OE recipe here in TX. Nearly all the picks are OB. Not that I think the OB is bad, but I like the lower rye OE recipe better.

Went to a launch tasting for glenallachie it's pretty good stuff.

Said to myself i was gonna hold off on whisky purchases for a while.

Ended up buying these in the last month.

2zrjjhi.jpg

I loathe myself.

Got a bottle of glenffidich 12 that i got on sale, can't wait to open that.

Tried the dalmore 15 with my bro in law, nice.

Had the jura last year, and i liked that one as well.

Some scotch distillers are starting to feature my whisky pictures that's pretty cool.

Just tried Jameson for the first time a couple weeks back. I really liked it.

Wanted to try scotch so I bought the Kirkland brand at Costco. Figured it would be decent because I like their vodka.

The Kirkland scotch is strange. Some nights I really enjoy it and other nights it tastes nasty. I don't know if it has to do with what I ate or what kind of mood I'm in lol.

I'm not the type of guy to ever spend more than 50 bucks on a bottle of anything. I can afford it, but it just seems wasteful for some reason.

But I've heard good things about Laphroaig and it's usually just under 50 bucks so I'll try that someday. Wish I knew how to pronounce it though.

Just tried Jameson for the first time a couple weeks back. I really liked it.

Wanted to try scotch so I bought the Kirkland brand at Costco. Figured it would be decent because I like their vodka.

The Kirkland scotch is strange. Some nights I really enjoy it and other nights it tastes nasty. I don't know if it has to do with what I ate or what kind of mood I'm in lol.

I'm not the type of guy to ever spend more than 50 bucks on a bottle of anything. I can afford it, but it just seems wasteful for some reason.

But I've heard good things about Laphroaig and it's usually just under 50 bucks so I'll try that someday. Wish I knew how to pronounce it though.

I pronounce it luh-froyg, you should be able to get the 10 year for 40-50 dollars pretty easily, sometimes the 15 year gets that low and it’s a little more balanced if you don’t love peat. They make a ton of finishing cask varieties for the duty free market, and those have made their way out to suburban liquor stores by now, they’re usually a little young, using sherry or Madeira casks to hide the rough edges, I’d avoid them to start. Quarter cask isn’t bad, if you can get a deal on the cask strength 10 year, go with that, especially if you take your scotch on the rocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back