White on Zuffa Boxing: We won’t work with any sanctioning bodies, we’ll have our own league

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...oning-bodies-well-have-our-own-league-mma-ufc

The interest is definitely there – all the fighters have reached out, other promoters have contacted us and everybody’s keen,” White said. “The question is how I make it work with bandwidth maxed out right now running the UFC’s business.”

In his latest update on their targeted venture to another combat sport, the UFC President revealed that he doesn’t plan on working with any of the sanctioning bodies currently in place. As per an interview with White on the Australian Financial Review, Zuffa instead plans to create “a new league that it will own and control.”

“We will not work with the WBA, WBC, IBF, IBO, and WBO organizations,” White said.

“All the fighters have reached out...” - classic White hyperbole / bullshit

Fuck that. No ufc model for boxing.

Fuck that. No ufc model for boxing.

It only works if everybody is in. Otherwise, it's just another roadblock to making fights. "Oh I'd like to fight that guy, but I'm with Zuffa and he's with PBC," etc.

Bullshit. Anyone good that gets into boxing is going after a decent belt. With wbc being the top. If he's claiming this, then his stable of fighters are going to be absolute shit.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster or game changer

I want to see how this plays out

I don't think he'll get the main guys to agree to stop being independantly managed and be "owned" by Zuffa. Next they'll start making the boxers only wear Reebok gear. Some up and comers maybe, but there's no way the Top Tier goes that way.

fuck dana white and his boxing aspirations.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...oning-bodies-well-have-our-own-league-mma-ufc

The interest is definitely there – all the fighters have reached out, other promoters have contacted us and everybody’s keen,” White said. “The question is how I make it work with bandwidth maxed out right now running the UFC’s business.”

In his latest update on their targeted venture to another combat sport, the UFC President revealed that he doesn’t plan on working with any of the sanctioning bodies currently in place. As per an interview with White on the Australian Financial Review, Zuffa instead plans to create “a new league that it will own and control.”

“We will not work with the WBA, WBC, IBF, IBO, and WBO organizations,” White said.
That's nice, but he won't be legally allowed to pull the crap he does with the UFC practically acting as Manager and Promoter of the fighters.

It only works if everybody is in. Otherwise, it's just another roadblock to making fights. "Oh I'd like to fight that guy, but I'm with Zuffa and he's with PBC," etc.
WE already saw it when Top Rank tried to go solo. It sucked. Too many fights we couldn't see.

Newly signed boxer to Zuffa!!!

Dude the roster is going be deep

dana_zps6e5fb837.png

fuck dana white and his boxing aspirations.

He'll duck out after he realizes that he won't be able to get away with paying his boxers 10-20% of the revenue.

He'll duck out after he realizes that he won't be able to get away with paying his boxers 10-20% of the revenue.
10-20%? wow, uncle dana's really gotten generous with time

"All the fighters have reached out"

Either Dana is talking about UFC fighters reaching out for a fair payday finally, or Clinton Woods has been doing his jerky-boys routine again.

Back