White on Zuffa Boxing: We won’t work with any sanctioning bodies, we’ll have our own league

My big concern is that this guy has enough influence to convince some big names to get on board, it would be cancerous for boxing if what he is suggesting happened

My big concern is that this guy has enough influence to convince some big names to get on board, it would be cancerous for boxing if what he is suggesting happened

Maybe a few young guys right out of the amateurs could be fooled, but he won't get anyone decent unless he promises a lot of money (as in more money than Zuffa was ever used to paying anyone). The UFC is such a profitable promotion because there is no meaningful competition (because of the strength of the UFC's brand, mostly, but there are other factors at play, as well). Boxing has way too much promotional competition to promise such shit paydays, and I'm not even sure that what White plans to do would be allowed by the Ali Act. Unless he plans on losing money for a long time or has a hedge fund akin to what Haymon had paying for PBC cards, this is a plan with absolutely chance of even getting off the ground (even if he has a massive hedge fund behind him and can attract one or two real names, the plan will never gain long term traction in boxing).

Maybe a few young guys right out of the amateurs could be fooled, but he won't get anyone decent unless he promises a lot of money (as in more money than Zuffa was ever used to paying anyone). The UFC is such a profitable promotion because there is no meaningful competition (because of the strength of the UFC's brand, mostly, but there are other factors at play, as well). Boxing has way too much promotional competition to promise such shit paydays, and I'm not even sure that what White plans to do would be allowed by the Ali Act. Unless he plans on losing money for a long time or has a hedge fund akin to what Haymon had paying for PBC cards, this is a plan with absolutely chance of even getting off the ground (even if he has a massive hedge fund behind him and can attract one or two real names, the plan will never gain long term traction in boxing).

Fucking hopefully, it may just dilute the fights down even more though if he signs a few names and plays hardball

I can't see this working out for Zuffa. The boxing organisations have been around too long and they are entrenched. Zuffa would have steal fighters from them and to do that they'd have to be promising much bigger pay days than they do currently with their MMA model. I can't see them having the stomach to pay out so big.

White is clueless...he can either create Zuffa title belts like any other sanctioning body or he can be a promoter, Zuffa can't do both.

So unless he is going to promote a bunch of MMA guys who moonlight as boxers in his crappy league that can't have title belts this isn't based in reality. Can't wait to see McGregor vs. Nate Diaz on the first Zuffa Boxing card.

Good luck with that, it will never happen his business is done before it even started

No way in hell are you going to cut out the sanctioning bodies.

The sanctioning bodies are going to lose sleep over this.

So unless he is going to promote a bunch of MMA guys who moonlight as boxers in his crappy league that can't have title belts this isn't based in reality. Can't wait to see McGregor vs. Nate Diaz on the first Zuffa Boxing card.
CM Punk can box on the co-main event.

This will fail miserably. Cant wait.

He might get Broner.

I don't see how this won't conflict with "Dejulez Boxing".

He might get Broner.
He won't.
Broner wants outrageous paydays to get him away from Haymon.
Jay Z and now Hearn have offered him paydays beyond what he's been paid and he still turned them down.

He won't.
Broner wants outrageous paydays to get him away from Haymon.
Jay Z and now Hearn have offered him paydays beyond what he's been paid and he still turned them down.

That's not sure at all, but for some reason I am confident in Broner's ability to act foolishly.

I don't think he'll get the main guys to agree to stop being independantly managed and be "owned" by Zuffa. Next they'll start making the boxers only wear Reebok gear. Some up and comers maybe, but there's no way the Top Tier goes that way.

lol

Definitely, could you imagine Floyd Mayweather ever of agreeing to this??

This will fall flat on its face, even the WBSS has a better model.

White will have to offer some serious money but I just can't see boxers giving up their freedom, UFC fighters have kicked off many of times over the years and Dana would have the sanctioned existing belts to contend with and their long history.

I think this idea will likely crash ........ although White is a smart cookie, that I'll give him.

Basically Dana tasted that Mayweather vs Mcgregor money and he wants more.

Last edited:
“Zuffa Boxing” ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

What a prick

They have let guys like Mousasi and Rory MacDonald go because they won't pay them more but I'm suppose to believe they are going to pay top boxers more than what they're already getting? And then expect them to let Zuffa make all they're decisions for them with no say in things? Joshua just turned down bigger money because he didn't want to fight out of his own country. If he signed with Zuffa they would be telling him he's fighting in Brazil next or Australia or something. I don' think that's going to go over well.

Back