Social White Women Wore Hoodies to a Tennessee Mall to Prove Its Hoodie Policy Only Targets Black Men

You are entitled to your own seemingly racist opinions.

But the reality is this.... We live in a country of laws. If a business wishes to serve the public they have to abide by those laws. Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is one of those laws. Selective discrimination based upon race is a a prima facie violation of Title II.

Wolfchase should hire you as their lawyer. You have given some amazing defenses thus far:

"The policy isn't racist because the guards enforcing it are black"
"The policy needs to be selectively enforced against blacks because all the crimes are commited by black people"

If there is a growing problem with young black males involved in violence and shootings at the mall, then it seems like a good idea to profile young black males. Why would you target groups who do not have a history of causing serious problems? Young black males are repeatedly causing serious problems at that specific mall so why waste time pretending otherwise to appease the whiny, bleeding-heart, politically correct morons?

To put it in another context, imagine an establishment has a growing issue with white skinheads attacking people of colour. The establishment will likely create a policy that targets white males who look like skinheads with the intention of stopping the attacks. It would be ridiculous to focus on any other group when it is only the white skinheads causing problems. I doubt anyone will be crying racism if there were such a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. You enforce it the same. But if there is a statistically accurate finding that one demographic is 787% more likely to steal, or commit a violent crime inside the store, in a computer run world that would mean they get 787% more attention from those tasked with stopping those things; but in a human world, where offending those from any demographic who haven't done anything wrong does carry weight, I think I can live with "a bit more attention."

I don't know what a bit more attention means in this context. Either someone has their hoodie up or they don't.

If there is a growing problem with young black males involved in violence and shootings at the mall, then it seems like a good idea to profile young black males. Why would you target groups who do not have a history of causing serious problems? Young black males are repeatedly causing serious problems at that specific mall so why waste time pretending otherwise to appease the whiny, bleeding-heart, politically correct morons?

To put it in another context, imagine an establishment has a growing issue with white skinheads attacking people of colour. The establishment will likely create a policy that targets white males who look like skinheads with the intention of stopping the attacks. It would be ridiculous to focus on any other group when it is only the white skinheads causing problems. I doubt anyone will be crying racism if there were such a problem.

You conservative types are all about law and order. Why are you ignoring my posts about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Title II?

You don't seem to grasp that discrimination is ILLEGAL.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/title-ii-civil-rights-act-public-accommodations

You conservative types are all about law and order. Why are you ignoring my posts about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Title II?

You don't seem to grasp that selective discrimination is ILLEGAL.

You don't seem to grasp that sometimes selective discrimination makes sense like in the case of this mall where young black males have a history of physical violence and shootings. If there were not a problem with young black males fighting and shooting each other at the mall, then there would have been no need for such a policy in the first place.

<seedat>

You don't seem to grasp that sometimes selective discrimination makes sense like in the case of this mall where young black males have a history of physical violence and shootings. If there were not a problem with young black males fighting and shooting each other at the mall, then there would have been no need for such a policy in the first place.

<seedat>

But the reality is this.... We live in a country of laws. If a business wishes to serve the public they have to abide by those laws. Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is one of those laws. Selective discrimination based upon race is a a prima facie violation of Title II.

Wolfchase should hire you as their lawyer. You have given some amazing defenses thus far:

"The policy needs to be selectively enforced against blacks because all the crimes are commited by black people"

We live in a country where it is against the law to fight and shoot people on mall property. You cannot blame the mall for trying to protect its customers and profits by discouraging violence. What else is the mall supposed to do? There is a problem with young black males fighting and shooting each other on mall property. Are they supposed to simply look the other way and allow the violence to continue?

All they proved is that they like the bbc.
The one on the far right, definitely.

She looks like she knows how to properly season her food before cooking it.

The rest of em look like the potato will cause them to sweat from the nose and forehead.

"Spicy!"

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/wh...-tennessee-malls-policy-targets-black-people/
ecp97gsxhneskxzcki43.png
So The Spice Girls reunion tour is on?

yet you would throw a fit if your beloved Proud Boys were banned anywhere.

<seedat>
did you even watch the news clip I posted? The guy arrested was a nerdy old black man.
UX6XMNPIWZFIBAOFT4BJM3YMCY.jpg

it's obvious you are terrified of colored people and want to legislate them out of your sight.

yet you would throw a fit if your beloved Proud Boys were banned anywhere.

I don't care for the Proud Boys or any other group that goes around looking to start trouble. I don't recall ever posting about them. If they are causing problems in public spaces, then I can understand profiling them in order to prevent them from causing problems.

did you even watch the news clip I posted? The guy arrested was a nerdy old black man.
UX6XMNPIWZFIBAOFT4BJM3YMCY.jpg

it's obvious you are terrified of colored people and want to legislate them out of your sight.

I don't know the whole story and I doubt the media is giving us the whole story. We do know that the mall has a history of violence and shootings that involved young black males and policy has been put in place to try and solve that problem. What would you suggest the mall do to prevent the violence and shootings caused by young black males?

I don't know the whole story and I doubt the media is giving us the whole story. We do know that the mall has a history of violence and shootings that involved young black males and policy has been put in place to try and solve that problem. What would you suggest the mall do to prevent the violence and shootings caused by young black males?

You seem to be missing the entire point of all of this. The mall can create whatever rule they want, but the rule has to apply to everybody in the mall. The mall cannot create a list of rules for black people that do not apply to anyone else. That would be immoral and illegal. If they want to ban hoodies, they can ban hoodies. But they cannot just ban hoodies on black people. That's just basic decency, morality, and legality.

The story itself is nonsense, the article is bullshit, and it's lacking tons of necessary information. Ignore the article and this particular story and just focus on the general ideas being debated. I think everyone agrees the article is nonsense.

You seem to be missing the entire point of all of this. The mall can create whatever rule they want, but the rule has to apply to everybody in the mall. The mall cannot create a list of rules for black people that do not apply to anyone else. That would be immoral and illegal. If they want to ban hoodies, they can ban hoodies. But they cannot just ban hoodies on black people. That's just basic decency, morality, and legality.

The story itself is nonsense, the article is bullshit, and it's lacking tons of necessary information. Ignore the article and this particular story and just focus on the general ideas being debated. I think everyone agrees the article is nonsense.

The mall has a history of young black males fighting and shooting each other. They are obviously causing major problems for the mall. It makes perfect sense that mall security is extra suspicious of young black males when they have been causing all of the problems over the years. Why should the mall be concerned about people who are not causing problems?

The mall's policy is unfair to black males who are upstanding citizens, but it is understandable why the mall has instituted such a policy given the problems being caused by young black males. What would you do if your business had a history of young black males fighting and shooting each other?

The mall has a history of young black males fighting and shooting each other. They are obviously causing major problems for the mall. It makes perfect sense that mall security is extra suspicious of young black males when they have been causing all of the problems over the years. Why should the mall be concerned about people who are not causing problems?

The mall's policy is unfair to black males who are upstanding citizens, but it is understandable why the mall has instituted such a policy given the problems being caused by young black males. What would you do if your business had a history of young black males fighting and shooting each other?

You cannot institute an illegal policy and then say, "But it's understandable." It's illegal and it's immoral.

Implement whatever rule you want, but it has to apply to everyone. You cannot only ban hoodies for black people, that's ludicrous.

You cannot institute an illegal policy and then say, "But it's understandable." It's illegal and it's immoral.

Implement whatever rule you want, but it has to apply to everyone. You cannot only ban hoodies for black people, that's ludicrous.

Initiating physical violence and shooting people is also illegal and immoral, but I guess that is not as terrible as trying to prevent the problem by targeting the group that is responsible.

Back