Who are the current NFL players who should be first-ballot HOF? How exclusive should that be?

Brady is the GOAT on paper. Rodgers is the best qb I’ve ever watched play though. His play in that super bowl run was the GOAT qb play.

Brees in Brady's position would have equal success. He's equally as talented mentally and physically

The 3 best peak QBs I've seen play were Steve Young, Brees and Rodgers.

Favre is equal to those guys in the physical tools but too reckless for me to put him with those 3.

Brady is the GOAT on paper. Rodgers is the best qb I’ve ever watched play though. His play in that super bowl run was the GOAT qb play.
Running the table until they ran into the buzzsaw that was the Falcons last year is above that IMO. They payoff fizzled out but that was a magical run.

The Detroit Hail Mary
The Cobb TD the year before Peppers became a Packer is up there too.

Brees, Rodgers, throw Eli's name in there. Say any of them took Brady's spot they'd all have done just as well as Brady.

I have a Pats friend that I was talking to this weekend and he was like "people are calling Brady GOAT just cause he won a ton of SBs. I think Rodgers is, he's just been screwed by a moronic front office"

This undersells Brady. Just look how he tore up the Seahawks defense in the 4th with Edelman and Vereen while 2 weeks earlier Rodgers couldn't do anything against them with a better offense. Brees I could see because he plays similar to Brady. Rodgers and Eli would never had lead a team with Reche Caldwell to the AFC championship game.

This undersells Brady. Just look how he tore up the Seahawks defense in the 4th with Edelman and Vereen while 2 weeks earlier Rodgers couldn't do anything against them with a better offense. Brees I could see because he plays similar to Brady. Rodgers and Eli would never had lead a team with Reche Caldwell to the AFC championship game.
Rodgers is dealing with an inbred fat fuck using a WaffleHouse menu as a playcard for a coach though.

God I hope Watt can come back even close to what he was in years past next year after that injury.

I was having this discussion with a friend earlier about how nominally exclusive first ballot HOF entries should be. That is, with players that are obvious HOF locks, who should be made to wait until their second year of eligibility and that time in line should be a factor in older players getting the bump in consideration.

The way I see it, the only sure-fire first ballots in the league currently would be:

1. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
2. Joe Thomas, OT, Browns
3. Julius Peppers, DE, Panthers
4. Darrelle Revis, CB, Chiefs

Beyond that, there are others who are very close, like
5. Drew Brees, QB, Saints
6. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
7. Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers
8. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers
9. Adrian Peterson, RB, Cardinals

And, beyond those six, I think that second-year eligibility is (currently) more appropriate, such as:
10. Von Miller, OLB, Broncos
11. JJ Watt, DE, Texans
12. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers

This excludes recently retired first-ballots like Demarcus Ware and Steve Smith.

Great list, but Rodgers is 100% first tier, and Brees should be as well. I think Brady is hands down the most accomplished QB ever, but Rodgers is the greatest QB I've ever seen play. I think Drew Brees might be the most underrated QB I've ever seen play, he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

I hope Fitz plays 4-5 more years and breaks some records, I absolutely love that man (I have met him twice in person and he's a great guy) and hope he wins a Super Bowl before he retires.

Not trying to diminish anything Brady did in that game but I'm pretty sure the entire Legion of Boom were injured really bad by the 4th quarter of that game. I'd have to look up individual injuries , but I remember a bunch of injuries and then Tom took over.

Not trying to diminish anything Brady did in that game but I'm pretty sure the entire Legion of Boom were injured really bad by the 4th quarter of that game. I'd have to look up individual injuries , but I remember a bunch of injuries and then Tom took over.
Earl was shaken up, the left side was down to a rookie converted safety I think and the way the drives went the LB corps had their hands on their hips panting from what I remember.

Great list, but Rodgers is 100% first tier, and Brees should be as well. I think Brady is hands down the most accomplished QB ever, but Rodgers is the greatest QB I've ever seen play. I think Drew Brees might be the most underrated QB I've ever seen play, he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

I hope Fitz plays 4-5 more years and breaks some records, I absolutely love that man (I have met him twice in person and he's a great guy) and hope he wins a Super Bowl before he retires.
I really wish Fitz would go to a team that can win NOW. Like, go to the Pats or some perennial contender to finally get the ring we all know he deserves.

Earl was shaken up, the left side was down to a rookie converted safety I think and the way the drives went the LB corps had their hands on their hips panting from what I remember.

I'm pretty sure Kam had a shoulder injury going into that game as well. And I 1000% agree with you abut Fitz going to a contender.

So I just looked it up. OF ACTIVE PLAYERS Brady and Rodgers are the only two guys to have won multiple MVPs.

Warner was a 2 time MVP and 1 time SB guy. Rodgers is a first ballot. Stop this "maybe" first ballot shit TS.

God I hope Watt can come back even close to what he was in years past next year after that injury.

He can't. It's not just that injury it's the two back surgeries as well. Best bet is hoping for a 10 sack guy who plays the run for two more seasons. It would have been unreal to see prime Watt play with this version of Clowney

He can't. It's not just that injury it's the two back surgeries as well. Best bet is hoping for a 10 sack guy who plays the run for two more seasons. It would have been unreal to see prime Watt play with this version of Clowney
It's brutal to see that happen to a guy that was such a high level player.

<Watt1>

Fuck off. If TD got in Watt gets in
Relax. This is about FIRST ballot HOF'ers. I never said JJ shouldn't get in, but TD is the best comparison to him at this point.

A couple of absolutely insane, off the charts seasons and then not much else.

Granted his story isn't written yet.

Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger probably, but why Julius Peppers?

Revis 1st ballot and not Fitz? Lulz.

I definitely think Gates and Witten will be first ballot. Super long, successful careers and innovators at the position.

Back