Who are your top 3 favorite gangster rappers of all time?

Pick your top 3

• Total voters
Eazy e, cube and pac

Cypress hill isnt really gangsta rap, they are a mixture of horror, gangsta, psychedelic rap.

No idea what ganster rap is, but heres a banger
[Yt]

the-lox-reunion-album-filthy.jpg

I’m a metal head but voted Tupac, best rapper I’ve heard for sure. Also Ice T, mainly on his Bodycount stuff, saw them last year finally, fuckin badass.

Guru is my fav for sure, then..

NAS
NWA Collectively.. but Eazy and Ren were probably my favorites

NWA Collectively.. but Eazy and Ren were probably my favorites

The DOC was no joke, either. Before the car wreck. And even after that he wrote a LOT of hits.

And of course Cube. And Dre doing the production.

NWA really was a super group. I saw an interview with Ren iirc and he was saying right around the release of NWA's very first album, Eazy was telling people in interviews that NWA was a super group comprised of all stars. And Ren (or whoever it was) was thinking to himself "but ain't none of us done shit yet." lol but man Eazy ended up once again being ahead of the times and realizing what they had there.

Shyne, Mobb Deep, and Dmx. You should've just made a choice for Death Row Records.

To each their own, but how did Puffy make this list bruh?

He is part of blackhand mafia and may have been involved in biggies death.
He blamed shyne for the murder he dis in the club.
I hate puffy music but he has a case as an actual gangster unlike dmx who only serves for parking tickets and never cut a dude with a chainsaw or split his brains raw you know what he came for arf arf arf.
Dmx phony as fuck. Such a rockhead you cant even be in a hot car with him and ask him to roll the window down a crack without him sniffing the floor for rocks.

Last edited:
@Badger67 great reply, lol at your thoughts on DMX.

I guess I've always thought of Puffy as a producer and business man that raps sometimes. And also I dont think of him as someone who raps about gangster shit. He raps though, and has been involved in some gangster shit so I get where youre coming from.

Back