Who Are Your Two Top Vocalists In Heavy Metal History?

Depends on definitions.
Including Zep, Robert Plant has to qualify.
Otherwise you have to include Dickinson, Halford and Dio.

It's too difficult to pick two.

1. Devin Townsend - In my opinion Devin has one of the most powerful vocal ranges I've ever heard. Just have to listen to Deadhead to hear just how powerful his voice is. When he hits those high notes during the Sun Goddess part shit gives me chills. Not to mention he is one hell of a songwriter and an amazingly talented guitarist

2. Chuck Schuldiner - The godfather of Death Metal. Chuck had it all, songwriting, other worldly guitar skills and an amazing voice to boot. His range was impeccable and Death's cover of the classic Judas Priest song Painkiller is just as good if not better than the original. Not to mention Chuck's vocal's on the song are fucking amazing

As far as being able to belt shit out in Metal fasion, Dio and Danzig can't really be beat. Not even my favorites. Hespect.

The don't get much harder than:

1) Gary Cherone

2) Kip Winger

Clean: Prime Ozzy and King Diamond
Dirty: Frank Mullen and Barney Greenway

anselmo

do cornell/staley count?

Depends on the type of metal for me.

Once you start to listen to many different types of metal, you appreciate the different forms they take.

yeah but you don't listen to Megadeth. he has range.

I have heard just about everything they've ever done, actually. While I do dig some of their stuff, overall, I think it's pretty universally acknowledged that he's not a very good singer.

He does have a unique voice tho, I'll give him that.

It's your opinion tho, so to each his own. Was just wondering how srs you were lol

I have heard just about everything they've ever done, actually. While I do dig some of their stuff, overall, I think it's pretty universally acknowledged that he's not a very good singer.

He does have a unique voice tho, I'll give him that.

It's your opinion tho, so to each his own. Was just wondering how srs you were lol

I'm not a fan of all of his work, hence why I stated Friedman era Megadeth.

it's like Geddy Lee & Rush. his voice totally matches the way he looks, but I can get past it because musically he's a genius.

Back