Who Are Your Two Top Vocalists In Heavy Metal History?

I never hear him. I will look him look.

Personally I think his best work is on Anthrax's 'Stomp 442'

'The Sound of White Noise' is good too.

Fun fact about him -James Hetfeild wanted him to be the singer for Metallica when the band was getting started.

1. Devin Townsend - In my opinion Devin has one of the most powerful vocal ranges I've ever heard. Just have to listen to Deadhead to hear just how powerful his voice is. When he hits those high notes during the Sun Goddess part shit gives me chills. Not to mention he is one hell of a songwriter and an amazingly talented guitarist

2. Chuck Schuldiner - The godfather of Death Metal. Chuck had it all, songwriting, other worldly guitar skills and an amazing voice to boot. His range was impeccable and Death's cover of the classic Judas Priest song Painkiller is just as good if not better than the original. Not to mention Chuck's vocal's on the song are fucking amazing

I agree with Devin Townsend for sure, the guy is like the Freddie Mercury of Extreme Metal.

Dax Riggs

Mike Patton

Phil Anselmo

I could only narrow it to 3.

Geoff Tate - Queensrÿche
Paul Shortino - Rough Cutt

If you don't know Rough Cutt you should!

The love for Danzig in this thread pleases me.

I'd have to go with him and Kyle Thomas, mostly from his Alabama Thunderpussy stuff.

But if you asked me tomorrow, I might have different answers.

Ronnie James Dio

and

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
45WW0wy.gif

He was with them again?Or was it his incarnation?They had a vicious fight and disbanded some time ago.
He was still with proper Queensryche. I just looked it up. It was for the American Soldier tour, so it would have been in 2009. I consider myself pretty lucky :)

Oof, this is a tough one. I'm going with Lemmy and Tom Araya

I'm going Dickinson and probably Dio I guess. I think Corey Taylor is the most versatile though, he can do nearly anything. Though Mike Patton is even more versatile and he could do any metal singing as well as all the other shit he does.

He was still with proper Queensryche. I just looked it up. It was for the American Soldier tour, so it would have been in 2009. I consider myself pretty lucky :)
You are lucky man.I saw them open for Metallica (of all bands) in the 90’s.Odd combo but killer show.

Back