Who can beat Youssef Boughanem?

I asked on Sylvie von Duuglas-Ittu's patreon group, and apparently it's not illegal to throw someone out of the ring, but the referees do try to break it up before it happens

That's what I thought, thanks for checking.

I heard somewhere that there is a limit to how many steps you can take while holding the opponents leg

Can @anorak @Cocakillbana confirm?

I recall Duke Rufous saying something to that effect, because of a pretty bad accident where a guy got run out of the ring and tipped over.

I heard somewhere that there is a limit to how many steps you can take while holding the opponents leg

Can @anorak @Cocakillbana confirm?
This is true that technique was called "The Plow" and guys were nearly being killed by it.

I believe it's three steps and you have to strike or release now.

I think you are only allowed 2 steps now when holding the opponents leg.

Which is interesting as this could happen even without that technique allowed.

That's usually the way though, isn't it?

Authorities and commissions always seem to take the wrong idea away from these things. They seemed to think of this being a problem with the moves as opposed to the ring ropes not being strong enough. Like, if you look at a pro wrestling ring, they are loose that you dive between them but they're intentionally sturdy enough to avoid unnecessary accidents.

That's usually the way though, isn't it?

Authorities and commissions always seem to take the wrong idea away from these things. They seemed to think of this being a problem with the moves as opposed to the ring ropes not being strong enough. Like, if you look at a pro wrestling ring, they are loose that you dive between them but they're intentionally sturdy enough to avoid unnecessary accidents.

Yeah I've seen it happen countless times and nothing to do with catching the leg and running across the ring with the opponent's leg, like here for instance:

Well the discussion started with Youssef trying to throw people out of the ring from the clinch and evolved into the plow. not necesarily related. anyway it's always good to find an excuse to watch some Jongsanan vs. Sakmongkol.

Who here thinks Sibmeun would beat Youssef?

Right now i would say Sittichai or Yodwicha would if they are the same weight. In their primes i could think alot of guys could beat him but are too old now. Giorgio Petrosyan doesnt even register, in Muay thai Youssef would win.

I dislike Youssef but ive seen in dislocate his shoulder 4 times against Buakaw, Thongchai, Thepsutin and Aikpracha, each time he was in immense amount of pain on the stage. But after 4 times and still doing what he does means he loves the sport and probably deserve the success.

Here is the vid of him vs Buakaw. He was in a lot of pain, probably everyone here already saw it, but...

And i forgot. If anyone wants to win against this guy the dirty way.

Just sweep and dump him on his shoulder and dislocate it like how the other fighters won against him.
This guy's shoulder is made out of glass. Breaks even easier after so many times being glued back together.

I think that would be Chad Collins

I feel like an argument can be made for either of them, both are accomplishing/have accomplished some really good things for farang fighters. I saw Chadd's KO of Sakmongkol and was impressed with his performance; if he keeps improving, I think he could really go far.

Yodpayak knocked him down with a head kick last year iirc. But it wasn't a particularly hard knockdown, more like a head kick that landed flush and stunned him but he got up quick. I could be wrong about all of that though!
just watched a highlight of that fight. Looked like a pretty solid kick. He was definitely rocked, but he recovered well.

Back