Who did it best? Chuck “The Eyesman” Liddell, Jon “Pokes” Jones or Daniel Cornea?

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Seems like a legit tactic and the results are proven. So who did it best?

Jones revolutionized the eye poking game.

Juicehead "Poke-Eye-Mon" Jones

giphy.gif

Chuck was the Royce Gracie of eye poking

None of it would be possible without him

Jones is the biggest eye poker though. Let's not forget he actually uses the threat of the eye poke as a part of his game

He holds his hand at eye height, fingers splayed when he retreats out of range, knowing if his opponent rushes forward they'll impale their own eyeballs. Other people have done it, but no one with the frequency of Jones

Are we going with 'volume' or 'quality of damage' as the measurement ....???

Kevin Burns' eye pokes on Rumble were the most effective in a single fight

Mazzagatti somehow missed all of them and declared Burns the winner by TKO when he should've been DQd

upload_2018-7-20_15-18-44.jpeg

Let it go already.
These eye poke threads are getting ridiculous and over done.

People hate on Jones, but Liddell is probably the only one that arguably won fights based off eyepokes. In Liddell-Ortiz 1, Liddell went in for the finishing flurry after Ortiz got eyepoked and wanted a timeout. I forget whether it was Couture-liddell 2 or 3, but Couture got BADLY eyepoked, got angry, came forward, and got KO'd on a counter.

Now we all dislike Jones, but I don't think his eyepokes have ever arguably won him a fight like Liddell.

Daniel Cornea.. hahahahaha

Thanks for this thread

Can we get a gif of that Asian guy shoving his fingers in Jake Matthews eyes? In the modern day UFC that was the worst I've ever seen.

Back