Who did it best? Chuck “The Eyesman” Liddell, Jon “Pokes” Jones or Daniel Cornea?

Chuck vs Jones in front of a scarface pile of coke seeing who could do more of it would main event over a mighty mouse title fight
Jones vs. Chuck
5 Rounds
Coke breaks between rounds
Only eye pokes allowed
No blinking allowed

Book it Dana!

Can we get a gif of that Asian guy shoving his fingers in Jake Matthews eyes? In the modern day UFC that was the worst I've ever seen.
This was vile and he should be thrown out of the UFC
4803e2de306f728f9d5757786ad1367c.gif

Jones, because he didn’t lube up and went in raw...

jones-567099.jpg

Vitor-KO-Bisping.gif

0-37120

You don't need to poke people's eyes if you're on steroids. Wait, what did Jones use?

Why is DC even on the lidt? ...oh yeah: salty dummies who bet against him.

Chuck used to be the best at getting way with it. I think he used to throw punches with his thumb out so it looked more like a regular punch landed. It wasn't like Jones who would spearhand people in the eyes.

Seems like a legit tactic and the results are proven. So who did it best?

Cormier I think. He's learned some solid eye poke techniques from the Jones fights, and his style of constantly attempting to clinch with one arm is perfect for delivering lots of "inadvertent" eye pokes.

Why is DC even on the lidt? ...oh yeah: salty dummies who bet against him.

Rooted for DC. Thought he would win. Didn’t think the eye poke affected the outcome.

But it did happen.

Rooted for DC. Thought he would win. Didn’t think the eye poke affected the outcome.

But it did happen.

Not saying it didn't, but accidental pokes are a real phenomenon, and I saw zero intent on DCs part.

Can't recall the first one, but the second one was clearly a clinch entry. Open finger gloves + two bodies in motion = shit happens.

Cormier I think. He's learned some solid eye poke techniques from the Jones fights, and his style of constantly attempting to clinch with one arm is perfect for delivering lots of "inadvertent" eye pokes.

How else do you propose he enters the clinch? With closed fingers?
All this whining about DC's pokes might be taken more seriously if he actually had a history of doing it. As it stands, it just comes across as sour grapes.

Back