Who do you think the real richest people are in world? Is it bezos?

@Seaside, while it can be true that to sell a large position of stock in the market can depress the price that would not be the case with Amazon at this time if the company is still seen as having significant growth and upside, as it seems it is.

Say Bezos had a successor lined up who the market loved, and said he wanted to sell out as the new guy came in the way they would do it would be via CROSS. They would line up a large number of Institutions and P/E and other buyers who wanted the stock and just cross outside the market so as to not flood the market and depress the price. Very doable.

But yes to your OP i suspect there are some crazy wealthy individuals off the radar like Putin who are raping entire nation treasuries without it ever being reported. Heck if Yasser Arafat was worth Billions at his death you can bank on that being true.

Depending on how exactly you count wealth, Kim Jong Un is up there. He owns every building and inch of land in NK. In a far more literal sense than most psuedo dictator types.

Xi Jinping, he owns China and China is wealthy as fuck.

Xi Jinping, he owns China and China is wealthy as fuck.

I think he is in the putin category very rich and powerful. rich, but gone in a second if he acts against the military complex and intelligence apparatus. Unlike putin though i dont think he beat out or was appointed with help of oligarchs. Putin i think was picked by intelligence and oligarchs hand in hand but then he flipt script on oligarchs and now like i said only those around him share his outlook and the ones not around him are not in real power. I am sure both can pocket money and retire nice and still maintain a global presence or shadow present in their own country. Putin will still have major influence running things even if he is not president or PM in next term.

Putin takes a cut from all the oligarchs. After he stuck the richest man in Russia in a cage and put him on trial, it was apparently 50% for oligarchs who didn't want to end up like that. There are a lot of billionaire Russian oligarchs. Claims that Putin is worth $200 billion (like Browder has made) are not unfounded.

Guys like Saddam and Ghaddafi, Putin, etc.

They command the wealth of a nation.

And the Rothschilds

xqKfHIe.gif

so where is Putin stashing all this money?

Isn't Moscow, and the Russian Federal Reserve like entirely gone at this pt?
edit: saw the post above me as I typed this, my bad

Putin doesn't even bother to put effort into hiding all of his corrupt wealth. He had a friend that became a billionaire over night, without having had any money to speak of before, and when that friend was asked about it by a reporter he said he sold a violin.

That's when you know that you're getting away with everything and just try to push the boundaries to see how far you can go.

Back