Who do you think won - Mousasi or Shlemenko?

Who won in your opinion?

• Total voters
2-1 Mousasi

2nd round is a toss up. People talk about how Shlemenko was walking him down etc but aside from two or three spinning body kicks, he basically landed nothing in round 2. Mousasi got a dominant position but also landed a few clean shots on the ground and controlled things there. That swayed it imo but it was a tough one to score.

OK so i watched the fight again. The first round mousasi took, same with second round via controlling and giving elbows and punches schemeleko on the ground. The third I'd give it to schemenleko being more aggressive and actually landing some punches at the end of the 3rd. I think the judges got the right decision

2-1 Mousasi

2nd round is a toss up. People talk about how Shlemenko was walking him down etc but aside from two or three spinning body kicks, he basically landed nothing in round 2. Mousasi got a dominant position but also landed a few clean shots on the ground and controlled things there. That swayed it imo but it was a tough one to score.

That's how I saw it but I feel like mousasi took the second via controlling ,punches and elbows on the ground

Have I? Nope. However, I have seen countless fighters do so. Hell, I've seen fighters fight on and make better out of the situation than Mousasi did with WORSE injuries. Not just in MMA, but in boxing where the level of striking is leagues above what we see in MMA. All this talk about Mousasi's eye is just distracting from the fact that he looked like crap against someone who is mediocre at best.

Schemelenko could be top 5 in the UFC, how is that medicore?

Shlemenko controlled the stand up in every round and did the most damage whereas all Mousasi could do was take Shlemenko down and never even got close to submitting him. IMO Shlemenko should've won the decision but got robbed by judges were anti Russian. When the announcement was for Mousasi you could clearly hear the crowd boo.

Shlemenko 1st win over Vasilevsky was way more controversial than this win for Mousasi. And 2nd fight with Vasilevsky: Storm was dominated by Slava before finish. But Storm fans forgot about it.

That's how I saw it but I feel like mousasi took the second via controlling ,punches and elbows on the ground

I agree with you. In no way this was a robbery. I had Mousasi winning 29-28. The judges got it right. Props to Mousasi, since he was fighting with one eye for Rounds 2 and 3.

It wasn't a robbery but it didn't feel "right" that Shlemenko lost.

Would people have been happier if it was called a draw with a 10-10 2nd round?

This was more clear the GSP/Hendricks. Shlemenko won, no question.

I gave Moose the first 2 rounds.

Machida - Shogun 1
Bisping - Hendo 2
and now Mousasi - Shlemenko

surprised-monkey-national-geographic.jpg
No bj penn vs frankie edgar 1? 50-45 Edgar.....

Have I? Nope. However, I have seen countless fighters do so. Hell, I've seen fighters fight on and make better out of the situation than Mousasi did with WORSE injuries. Not just in MMA, but in boxing where the level of striking is leagues above what we see in MMA. All this talk about Mousasi's eye is just distracting from the fact that he looked like crap against someone who is mediocre at best.
Hmmm 56-9 former world champ in second biggest org. OK he an idiot!

Lol so Mousasi barely won? Just like the other guys, he's gonna lose 1 fight then just be another Bellator guy.

It's hard to say. I think it should have been a majority draw or something.

Have watched 2nd round several times now. SHlemenko did little- connected on like 3 of 11 kicks, spinning stuff and Gegard controlled him in ground for 2+ minutes while scoring with elbows, punches and sub attempts.Judges got it right.

On a side night, these guys are human.To shlemenko s credit, he caught Mousasi with a shot that broke his orbital bone- eye shut closed one minute into fight.He goes on to dominate round 1 and got the win with one eye.Of course with the nature of injury , we were not going to see the Mousasi that were used to seeing (again to shlemenko s credit).

On to title fight where he'll most likely dominate in a finish. I really hope Rory MacDonald was serious about stepping up to fight Gegard. You'll see what happens there.

I really don't understand Shlemenko winning 2nd round ??? What did he do?... missed on 80% of the shit he threw before getting taken down for a couple of minutes where Gegard actually was hitting him..
Mousasi 29-28...especially after watching 2nd round again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back