Who do you think won these close fights

If anyone has any close fights they wanna bring up that I missed in the OP feel free
When I think or all-time close (bad) decisions, I think of Norton-Ali 3 and Leonard-Hearns 2. I’ll have to go back and score them round by round again.

When I think or all-time close (bad) decisions, I think of Norton-Ali 3 and Leonard-Hearns 2. I’ll have to go back and score them round by round again.
I had norton winning

Abd tommy won that 2nd one

1- GGG 7-5
2- FMJ 7-5
3- Pac 7-5
4- dont remember
5- SRL 7-5
6-Canelo 8-4
7- Sweet Pea 8-4
8-Pac JMM 7-5
9-dont remember
10-was rooting for Norton but thought Holmes edged him out

I had toney winning

What did you think of khan-peterson
+ the fouls?
I thought Peterson won. The ref was a bit pushy but technically within bounds. He did warn Khan about pushing repeatedly.

1. GGG
2. Castillo
3. Pacquiao
4. Taylor
5. Draw
6. Canelo
7. Whitaker
8. Marquez
9. ODLH
10. Holmes
1. Canelo
2. Castillo
3. draw
4. Winky
5. I need to rewatch and score it.
6. Canelo
7. Whitaker
8. Marquez. most one sided of their series.
9. DLH
10. Have not seen the complete fight.
GGG
Draw
Pacman
Winky Wright
Sugar Ray
Lara
Whitaker
Pacman
ODLH
Haven't seen Norton vs Holmes
The "you have beat the champ" saying has no validity. The champion gets no special breaks in scoring just because he's the champ. If you take that saying into consideration when scoring you're probably bad at scoring. I'm not trying to attack you btw just pointing out that its a type of bias to go with sayings as scoring criteria. On a related note I hope no one buys into the "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" Crap that mma fans keep pushing, LOL.
How are people seriously thinking Canelo beat GGG ......... you lot blind?

Canelo only fought for 15 seconds at the end of each round apart from the time they were forehead to forehead, other than that he was just getting chased down.

GGG got robbed, you can't fight for 15 secs at the end of the round trying to con the judges and expect to win, let alone you lot thinking he won!
I had them all the same, except for Norton vs Holmes because I have never watched that fight in it's entirety, and I honestly don't remember DLH vs Quartey at all.
Ike went down twice. That was the difference.
Thoughts on Khan-Peterson

+ thoughts on the fouls/point deductions

the ref warned him over and over. Khan's fouling was keeping Peterson from fighting legally.

Bit too much for me taking points. But he was well within his rights and Khan was fouling a lot

Just not really a foul you take points for. But i see both sides of it forsure

1- GGG 7-5
2- FMJ 7-5
3- Pac 7-5
4- dont remember
5- SRL 7-5
6-Canelo 8-4
7- Sweet Pea 8-4
8-Pac JMM 7-5
9-dont remember
10-was rooting for Norton but thought Holmes edged him out
Khan-peterson?

GGG Canelo draw
Hagler Leonard maybe Leonard I go back and forth
Allright.

Chang/Zapata I
Chang/Chitalada II
Carbajal/Chiquita II
Carbajal/Chiquita III
ANy of the Sahaprom/Nishioka fights
Khan/Peterson
I love carbajal but he got beat up by Chiquita in the rematch
I am going to rewatch the sahaprom nishioka fights those were fun fights that I haven’t seen in a while.

I had toney winning
?
Ridiculous Mike took him to school. Only way to give the first to Toney is if you didn’t pay attention to the fight

Ridiculous Mike took him to school. Only way to give the first to Toney is if you didn’t pay attention to the fight

Took him to school is a bit strong. I wouldn’t have a problem if someone scored it either way close

Sorta interesting question imo. Was wondering what the forum's consensus was on these close/controversial fights

1. GGG vs Canelo
I had it a draw tbh. 6-6

2. Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Jose Luis Castillo I
7-5 for Castillo. One thing that always stuck out to me here, was it was the only time i ever saw Floyd look legitimately nervous before the scorecards were announced.

3. Manny Pacquiao vs Tim Bradley I
7-5 Pac for me.

4. Winky Wright vs Jermain Taylor
I thought Winky edged it 7-5. Should have won the Middleweight Title.

5. Ray Leonard vs Marvin Hagler
No controversy for me. 8-4 Leonard. Hagler did not look good imo.

6. Erislandy Lara vs Canelo
Thought Canelo won 8-4. Lara did nothing the last half of the fight imo

7. Whitaker vs Chavez
8-4 Whitaker.......Baddd decision

8. Pac vs Marquez III
Everyone complained about this one but I had it 7-5 Pac......

9. ODLH vs Ike Quartey
I remember thinking Ike edged it.....but don't remember the actual scorecard

10. Ken Norton vs Larry Holmes
Just watched this today randomly!!!!
Man. Sucks for Norton but I had him winning 143-142. He would have had wins over Ali AND Holmes... Oh well.

thoughts?

Golovkin 8 - 4

Castillo Agreed on 7 - 5 that was really unfortunate for Castillo

Pac can't remember how I scored it though. Probably worth a rewatch

Winky. I remember wonder how the hell Taylor kept winning decisions he really shouldn't have

Leonard boxed Hagler up most controversial fight if you watch with your eyes closed. Hagler gave up the first 6 rounds and Leonard took 12

Canelo was much more effective against Lara clear win for him

Sweet Pea 9 - 3 definitely one of the worst decisions

Pac everyone says that was their closet fight but I thought that was the one Pac one clearly.

Cannot remember Ike Oscar to be honest. I'll rewatch and reassess

I saw Holmes Norton a few years ago and remember it being really good and really close but I did not score it myself while watching but I felt Holmes deserved the nod.

Took him to school is a bit strong. I wouldn’t have a problem if someone scored it either way close
Nah he schooled him in several areas and made Toney look bad in many parts of their fight it really was a showcase in the difference between a educated boxer and somebody relying on athletic talents to overcome technical deficiencies.

I disagree. Mike did well, but Tony was countering him hard all night
you must have been sleepwalking through that

most of the counters were rolled and mike hit him twice for every one. plus mike hit toney all night with simple tricks like switching directions. not to mention all the jab to hook combos he was landing. tie that in with mikes footwork making toney look almost incapable of footwork. what you end up with is a schooling

you must have been sleepwalking through that

most of the counters were rolled and mike hit him twice for every one. plus mike hit toney all night with simple tricks like switching directions. not to mention all the jab to hook combos he was landing. tie that in with mikes footwork making toney look almost incapable of footwork. what you end up with is a schooling
lol. We can disagree you know. And perhaps I will look at the fight again.

If I do, I'll post my thoughts round by round.

lol. We can disagree you know. And perhaps I will look at the fight again.

If I do, I'll post my thoughts round by round.
you should
i just settee d it on due to this convo and in the first round i am just seeing what i saw before Mike schooling Toney, outmaneuvering out jabbing, landing the more punches. the one clean shot Toney lands mike answers with two shots right away.

Back