Goldberg
Scott Steiner
Undertaker
Rey Mysterio
Goldberg and Undertaker were there last year, and yes they got massive pops

Ken Shamrock returning would be pretty sweet

Goldberg and Undertaker were there last year, and yes they got massive pops

Ken Shamrock returning would be pretty sweet
i doubt that they want him he's kind of been burying them recently and trying to beg for a lesnar match.

They should debut a new style of match that isn't so boring.

Royal rumble is fun only because of the amount of people involved.. they should try and figure out a way to have 30 ppl involved in a match that has more action than heymaker blows and someone putting their foot to the neck of a person hanging on to the bottom rope.

This match is perfect for old retired wrestlers.. maybe just reduce it to a 40+ year old with injuries match up and allow under rope ring outs. Then we could have returns from virtually anybody and they won't be able to get hurt unless they enter the ring like Vince McMahon.

Anyway, to answer the question.

Shamrock would be cool like someone said.. Stone cold would be fun even though I don't want to see him lose.

Honestly, old school wrestling was boring before they started hiring talented athletes in last 5-10 years. And the royal rumble came from that era of when people watched more for the drama than the actual match work. They should do away with it and replace it with something that the young and active talent who is actually skilled showcase themselves instead of having the big show and Kevin Nash waddle around the ring and arm club someone in the back.

Matt Jackson
Nick Jackson

BULLY Ray
Jay Briscoe
Mark Briscoe - gets eliminated somehow, Jay would eliminate himself by eliminating Mark's eliminator, who would turn out to be Perry Saturn, one of the Eliminators.

I'd really like to see Jay Lethal show up and get a deserving pop, but I don't know that the majority of the WWE audience knows who he is.

Unfortunately, Drew McIntyre has a torn bicep. Doubt he will be at the Rumble.

Aleister Black, Velveteen Dream, Pete Dunne.
Anyone from NXT.

Of course, Kenny Omega, but that probably won't happen.

Matt Jackson
Nick Jackson

BULLY Ray
Jay Briscoe
Mark Briscoe - gets eliminated somehow, Jay would eliminate himself by eliminating Mark's eliminator, who would turn out to be Perry Saturn, one of the Eliminators.

I'd really like to see Jay Lethal show up and get a deserving pop, but I don't know that the majority of the WWE audience knows who he is.

Ohhhh! Jay Lethal would be legit!

Aleister Black, Velveteen Dream, Pete Dunne.
Anyone from NXT.

Of course, Kenny Omega, but that probably won't happen.

I had him #1 but WWE wouldn't know what to do with him and he probably prefers Japan anyways.

Royal rumble is fun only because of the amount of people involved.. they should try and figure out a way to have 30 ppl involved in a match that has more action than heymaker blows and someone putting their foot to the neck of a person hanging on to the bottom rope.

This match is perfect for old retired wrestlers.. maybe just reduce it to a 40+ year old with injuries match up and allow under rope ring outs. Then we could have returns from virtually anybody and they won't be able to get hurt unless they enter the ring like Vince McMahon.

Shamrock would be cool like someone said.. Stone cold would be fun even though I don't want to see him lose.

Honestly, old school wrestling was boring before they started hiring talented athletes in last 5-10 years. And the royal rumble came from that era of when people watched more for the drama than the actual match work. They should do away with it and replace it with something that the young and active talent who is actually skilled showcase themselves instead of having the big show and Kevin Nash waddle around the ring and arm club someone in the back.
yes, so true! we need talented wrestlers that people really pop for like Dolph Ziggler, Rich Swann and Sin Cara! No more of these boring lame ass wrestlers like the Undertaker, Sting and Ron Simmons

For years the only reason people were interested in kofi Kingston was to see what crazy spot he could pull off in the royal rumble to stay alive. Morrison was another young athletic guy who was able to get himself over with it. There are plenty of us who prefer the drama to the ring work still.
anigif_enhanced-3077-1453640961-6.gif
RegularOddballCleanerwrasse-max-1mb.gif
kofi.gif
2012-kofi.gif

I still enjoy the Rumble but what would make it a better event is if they book the show better and not tip their hand to the mania main event 6 months to a year in advance. You go into the Rumble already knowing who would win, it was just a matter of how they were getting to the finish. So if they add true unpredictability to the Rumble and not just the random entrant, that would help save the event.

For years the only reason people were interested in kofi Kingston was to see what crazy spot he could pull off in the royal rumble to stay alive. Morrison was another young athletic guy who was able to get himself over with it. There are plenty of us who prefer the drama to the ring work still.
anigif_enhanced-3077-1453640961-6.gif
RegularOddballCleanerwrasse-max-1mb.gif
kofi.gif
2012-kofi.gif

How are we ranking the greatest Royal Rumble shticks of all time?

HBK skinning the cat
Kofi/Morrison's "The floor is lava"
Road Dogg's grab-the-bottom-turnbuckle-and-pray-nobody-notices-me
Vince having a guy make a bunch of eliminations in a row to get him over
The old Bushwhacker in-and-out

HBK skinning the cat
I was always a sucker for Austin checking his watch after clearing the ring, Jake sliding into the corner while everyone else is fighting as mentioned on Prichard's podcast. Cm punk's mid rumble promos weren't too shabby either.

HBK skinning the cat

How about TAG TEAM PARTNERS GOING AT IT - BECAUSE ITS EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF !!

RR is a staple and one of the few meaningful events left. It still acts as a great way to hype someone for WM title match. It also allows for other workers to look strong without having to win the match. And it lets the company give a nod to old-school fans by bring out legends for cameos. Probably the best event outside of Mania IMO.

RR is a staple and one of the few meaningful events left. It still acts as a great way to hype someone for WM title match. It also allows for other workers to look strong without having to win the match. And it lets the company give a nod to old-school fans by bring out legends for cameos. Probably the best event outside of Mania IMO.

So many wrestlers came out of this match looking like money and made them stars. It also sets up other feuds for the guys that dont end up winning.

Ric Flair, HBK, Bret Hart, Diesel, Austin, Benoit, and Rey Mysterio are the ones that jump out for me. There's probably a bunch of others too but im too smashed to remember <GinJuice>

Ronda Rousey as the 30th entrant.

Let her shoot on the boys and make it look like she'll win before having someone like Big Show press her over his head and throw her out.

It will tie-in well with the narrative that men are weak and women are strong that is continuously being pushed in media. UFC did it, now it's time for the WWE to do it. The snowflakes will gobble it up.

Back