Who else is new to Kickboxing/MMA training?

KwonFight1995

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who else out there is new to Kickboxing/MMA training and is getting their asses beat up in training haha! I have trained in WTF Taekwondo and competed for 15 years. But decided to start training at American Top Team and am loving it! Although, coach got me good today and dealing with welts on my legs and a bruised rib from it!

Who else is new to KB and MMA? Let me hear your stories!

I'm not new anymore, but I certainly cherish the memories from when I was. The first time I stepped into a gym was in Thailand and I pretty much just got the piss beat out of me for about 4 months straight XD After that I learned to stop rushing in, switched my balance up a bit, generally just cleaned my shit up lol. Enjoy it dude! Don't burn yourself out!

Fook man... You dont gotta be new to get your ass kicked on the regular...

The novelty must be entertaining though

If you're getting beat by exp, technical, tactical standpoint then its good. Now if your gym is using you as a body to feed their guy then thats bad.

But assuming everything's good, the gym is like a regular career. If you're at a place where you're the top dog early on, you'll have to leave. You need people higher level than you (or at least very similar to you) are to improve. If not you're going to stay the same or possible regress while everyone else is improving.

So it starts that way, and can be frustrating at times, but when you stick with it, it'll reap its reward.

Fook man... You dont gotta be new to get your ass kicked on the regular...

The novelty must be entertaining though

Hahaha isn't that the truth! It's just getting blown with simple things since it's a new style. For example, I'm use to sparring and competing at US Nationals for WTF Taekwondo, well,
I start kickboxing and my coach throws a faint, I block on the faint, (He Notices) Throws another one following through right under my block and SWEEP! There I go hahahaha!!

Back