Who else misses the Jones - Cormier rivarly?

I hate Jon Jones for robbing us of a legitimate rematch.

It's painfully obvious that Jones was on PEDs for both fights. Under USADA he's popped twice in 3 scheduled fights, for post-cycle anti-estrogens and then for TBol. I believe Daniel Cormier is legitimately clean and steroid free.

Jon Jones robbed fight fans of a fair fight between the two.
40 year old, ex-olympian who can be competitive with a 30 year old "steroid cheat"?

I don't think so

first fight was competitive the first 3 rounds then jones dominated.

I miss the fights and would certainly watch a 3rd. All the side banter doesn't mean much...but still amusing moments.

Who needs Jones dc when we have Roman reigns and brock lesnar
tenor.gif

The most impactful sports rivalry in my life for sure. Wouldn't change any of it. Jones is the better man, but what a wild ride. I love this shit.

220px-HQ_UFC_182.jpg

UFC_214_event_poster.jpg

To people saying it's not a rivarly because Jones got the W both times- Rampage was 0-2 vs Wand and then knocked him out in a brutal fashion. Anything is possible.
LOL DC loses to Jon 100/100

Cody has a better chance beating TJ then DC does vs Jones.

I'm watching the UFC 178 Q&A media day at the moment and... oh man.

I started to watch UFC in ~ 2013-2014 but what really caught my attention and made me pay for the PPV was the Jones/Cormier fight.

There was nothing fake about the beef between them. Genuine hate for each other. It is even more complicated because at the end of the day, they do respect each other but something always brings the hatred into it. It was competitiveness at first, but then it got personal.

At some points it's like two little kids that dislike eachother. It is hilarious.

For example in here:

The first fight was very competitive but Jones was the better fighter. The second fight was very dramatic due to the brutal knock out. Now that DC is the champ champ, it would be awesome to see a third contest between the two best fighters in the UFC, maybe at heavyweight.

Those two still can't stand each other and would most likely fight for the third time if Jones was eligible to fight.

There is a lot fake shit going on right now and that made me reminiscence of the good old times.

People that dislike Jones will make this a PED bashing thread, but that is not the purpose of this thread.

It definitely is a rare rivalry that feels genuine.

Back