Who had a better career? Tupac or Biggie?

Which rapper's career did you enjoy more?

• Total voters

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
biggie-pac.jpg

Didn't like the music either of them produced, and they both lost in the end...

I will say tupac ... Was a rapper, actor and the thug life memes are keeping him relevant

Tupac for sure although both were really good rappers Tupac had an acting career on top of that.

Both overrated, but tupac as he made more music. Younger people seem to listen to more pac than biggie.
Personally I prefer biggie.

I don't really think there is any comparison. In terms of overall career, Tupac accomplished much, much more.

In terms of music, you might have a favorite.. but as far as careers go it's not even close in my mind.

b4c25_my-aunt-2pac-tupac-200x143.jpg

The man invented the W gang sign.

Tupac. He will go down as Elvis or Marilyn Monroe or Jimi Hendrix. Tupac was a poet, a actor and a basic story teller. Tupac's emotion sold the story and painted the picture. He is on more t shirts, posters and quoted more. Plus he obviously had the dangerous sex appeal for women.

Tupac wasn't a gangster but he was a son of a panther. He thought he wanted to change the world. He made dumb mistakes and bigger mistake was fighting a real gangster. Tupac will be my john Lennon or others I have named. He made rap have a meaning unlike a lot of rappers today.

Biggie had a couple good songs and hype but he would of flamed out. He was NY and the east coast. Its sad that him and tupac beefed as collabs would of been epic. Do I believe he set 2pac up? Yes. I believe him and puffy were scared and didn't try to set him but didn't stop it and let the shooters know he was coming to Quad.

In the end? Tupac will be higher up.

Tupac by a mile. All Eyez on Me is one of my favorite rap albums.

Tupac needs to come out of hiding

Did Tupac even have money? He never seemed to be living as high profile as Biggie was. There was always rumor that Tupac was being ripped off.

Both were lyrical geniuses, which is why their music has stood the test of time (keeping in mind that hip hop is a very young genre, especially compared to something like rock). Both were innovators, pushing the boundaries of their styles. Tupac was certainly a great storyteller. He was a legit thespian after all. His popularization of the narrative has spread throughout all of modern hip-hop. Much like Shakespeare was given credit for establishing the archetypes of modern literature, Tupac has established the archetypes of modern hip-hop. Unfortunately, a lot of the guys today are all theatre and no substance. Tupac was speaking from the heart and being creative, while others today are attempting to be cheap imitations that are looking to cash in for a quick buck.

Biggie, on the other hand, had a much rawer set of tools, which is why you hear him go to some very dark places in songs like, "Dead Wrong." The stuff that really pushed the boundaries for him was his less commercial work, and you can certainly hear his influence today when you listen to the hardcore scene. Guys like Vinnie Paz wouldn't have careers at all if it weren't for Biggie. His very "from the streets" approach has also influenced modern hip-hop, creating the pathway for many of the "rags to riches" ideas that come up today. Unfortunately, many of today's stars are just actors, their stories of the streets being extremely inauthentic. Few have something new to say, unlike Biggie.

In the end, modern hip-hop owes its entire being to these two. Because of his theatricality though, I have to give the nod to Tupac.

No one even talks about Tupac at all. Not for years. Not on tv, not on radio not in magazines.

Biggie is still talked about still, especially by everyday people. Everyday people don't ever talk about Pac.

I enjoyed Ready to die more than anything 2pac ever released. Me against the world was still dope as fuck though.

No one even talks about Tupac at all. Not for years. Not on tv, not on radio not in magazines.

Biggie is still talked about still, especially by everyday people. Everyday people don't ever talk about Pac.
Must be from where you are. Exact opposite where I'm at.

My preference is Biggie but Tupac is probably still selling a lot of albums today. The longevity aspect has to go to him..I heard they have courses on Tupacs lyricism at Harvard. That's wild to me

Back