Who has better BJJ? Nate Diaz or Ferguson?

Nate Diaz. Tony's jitz is overrated imo.

Nate. Ferguson is unorthodox and Wilder on the ground which is exciting to watch, but Nate clearly has better BJJ. I don't think a pure grappling contest between them would be all that close.

In Tony's last 11 fights he has 3 D'arce chokes, 2 Rear Naked Chokes and 1 Triangle choke how is it overrated?

Tony's pressure and weird striking and godly elbows are what open up his subs imo.

In a straight Jiu-Jitsu match Nate wins easy.

In no way am I saying Tony is shit I love that guy, I just think people rate his jitz higher than it actually is, doesn't mean it isn't legit.

Nate would school Tony in a BJJ match, Tony's BJJ is a lot more unorthodox and effective in an MMA fight because of the pace he puts on his opponents standing up and the slashing elbows from guard.

Nate is the one with overrated Jiu Jitsu. People act like it's some massive risk to go to the ground with Diaz when it's really not.

Nates got the second most subs in UFC history.

Tony's pressure and weird striking and godly elbows are what open up his subs imo.

In a straight Jiu-Jitsu match Nate wins easy.

In no way am I saying Tony is shit I love that guy, I just think people rate his jitz higher than it actually is, doesn't mean it isn't legit.

Fair points, I'd like to see them grapple each other though and see what happens because Tony's wrestling could at least dictate where the fight goes but yeah if we talking only Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Nate's better.

Nates got the second most subs in UFC history.
OoOoo.gif

Fair points, I'd like to see them grapple each other though and see what happens because Tony's wrestling could at least dictate where the fight goes but yeah if we talking only Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Nate's better.
You do know majority of BJJ based grapplers pull guard, right? Unless we're doing special rules where you can run around the mat and get Schaubed.

Nate is without a doubt the most overrated fighter on the UFC roster right now.

Back