Who has/had the best "Touch of death" power? JACKSON/WILDER?

borntoloseNOT

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Thread self-explanatory, POST GIFs.

Honorable mentions to include: Shavers, McClellan, Inoue, and others, but never seen anyone dropping people like Jackson and Wilder do.

Bob Foster... Opponents were out standing.

Naseem Hamed was a terrfic puncher before he moved up to the superheavyweight division.

The Hawk basically turned off lights.
On

Boom

Off

Tyson could too.

Nothin really do to with this but didn't Jess Willard drop Jack Johnson with one of the greatest right hand KOs ever?
And Jess was 6'7 yet I never hear him brought up with the best Tall HWs ever.

Nothin really do to with this but didn't Jess Willard drop Jack Johnson with one of the greatest right hand KOs ever?
And Jess was 6'7 yet I never hear him brought up with the best Tall HWs ever.
jess suffers from the same problem as prince naseem and jeff lacy. once you take a humiliating & legendary beatdown, that kinda becomes your most iconic performance regardless of your prior/following accomplishments. there are some exceptions of course.

Well I'll go for Julian Jackson. Jackson never hit anyone the way that Wilder hit Fury and they recovered. With Jackson they would have been out.

lets have a look at the videos

who had the most victims look like they're dead? for merits jackson.

Last edited:
lets have a look at the videos

who had the most victims look like they're dead? for merits jackson.

Wilder would ko people like that if he dropped to cruiserweight or learned some technique. Wilder hurts people with sloppy punches which shouldn't have enough mustard to hurt anyone. It is just like with Foreman in that he seems to short circuit people with punches that don't at all look vicious. Jackson cocks his gun and all his ko punches look like they have a lot of steam. His technique is all there.

Jackson had better technique, more brutal dangerous looking knockouts, and didn't do some stupid fucking dance every kd he got. Jackson would just point to you as you fell, like he had done the shit before.
CIOO.gif

Wilder is certainly in that power punching pantheon. His straight right is a nuclear warhead.

But JJ could short circuit your nervous system with either hand and his punches were cleaner and more impressive to watch so I'd pick him for p4p puncher.

Here are some other names to add to the list:

The Hawk hands down. Below is probably one of the only times I thought I actually watched someone die in the ring.
Beyond Brutal, Graham looked like a corpse after Julian touched him.

Randall Bailey could find the switch as easily as these 2. Hard to pick the hardest hitter.

Randall Bailey could find the switch as easily as these 2. Hard to pick the hardest hitter.
Came to post this. I'd love to see how many cards bailey was behind on before he found that ko punch. Mike jones is the most noticeable one. Wilder was def. Behind on cards v ortiz and I'm sure others. It's what makes their fights so intriguing.

I never really thought about it until the other night, but Wilder could drop a few pounds and be the most dominant cruiserweight in history.

deontay couldn't even finish charlie.imagin if charlie tried this shit with julian and what would happen.

p4p jackson since he could hurt a mf with any punch at any distance and is more accurate

Back