Who has had the biggest performance drop off post USADA.

Hendricks, Aldo, Silva, Lawler, Hendo, Belfort

No proofs but we can all read between the lines

Last edited:
Stipe and Woodley are the post usada goats atm.

Too many dropoffs to name so maybe the UFC brand had the biggest decline of all.
Mousasi was on fire after USADA. Shogun is undefeated but he has not looked like a world beater.

Hendricks is just too obvious. Machida and Weidman had to be mentioned.

Its gotta be Jon Jones. Once USADA came in July 2015, look at his track record its terrible. Got caught and he perfomed terrible against OSP. A man who Latifi KOd.

Jon is the Lance Armstrong of mma.

I think Hendricks is the #1 example that I can think of. Machida had a pretty big drop too.
It was weird how Machida looked, by far, the best he's ever looked in his life against Mousasi. Somehow did it at the ripe age of like 38 too...

Pretty clear:
*Lombard, went from 3-0 pre USADA (1 of those overturned due to steroids), to 0-5 post USADA.
Hendricks went from 2-1 pre USADA, including 2 title fights, to 1-5 post and missing weight 3 times in 2 weight classes. The 1 win was over... Lombard.
*Vitor fell off a cliff, and has gone 2-4 post USADA, though one of those loses got overturned to to Kelvin & weed. All 4 losses by KO/TKO. Wins are over Hendo and Nate, who are both old/worn as shit.

Bad, but there's other shit going on too:
Weidman is 1-3, all 3 by TKO/KO, vs MW champ before. Was competitive in all of them until he was out though.
Rashad is 0-5 post USADA, coming of 2 wins pre-USADA. Milage, injuries, and rust can explain a ton though.
*Anderson is 1-2, but those 2 losses were beating the fuck out of Bisping and hurting DC after getting up off his couch a day before the fight. 1 win should proabaly be a loss though, vs. Brunson.
Erick Silva is either 1-3 or 1-4 (not sure if he was USADA tested vs. Magny), but he's been alternating wins and losses since he came into the UFC. In 14 UFC fights, he's got ONE 2 fight win streak. Silva was a prospect who simply never panned out, not someone who suddenly went downhill due to testing, though that may not have helped.
Barao is 1-3 post USADA, but TJ brutalized him twice pre-USADA.

Not bad, just fucked:
*Jones is missing 1 win, and almost certainly 2, entirely due to USADA. But it'd be hard to say he's declined much at all.
*Reem is clearly not Ubereem anymore, but he's also 4-3 under USADA.
*Machida had a better record post-USADA than pre (2-1 vs 2-3), but only 3 fights due to being suspended essentially for being dumb.

The problem with a lot of these fighters is they're also at the end of his career due to age or milage, so we should be expecting them to lose often and badly. It's really easy to blame USADA, but not always accurate.

*failed a drug test of one sort or another during their career.

The correct answer is Ronda, she went from Champ to chump in the matter of months...

I would have her ex Travis Browne pretty close to her as well. Having seen his test data from the fight against Barnett im in no doubt he was gimmicked so kinda satisfying to see him fall down..

fwiw, heres the worst records post usada (post october 1st 2015)..

Evans, Lombard, Hendricks, Condit, Tibau are the most obvious...

2-6
Andrei Arlovski

3-6
Jim Miller

0-5
Rashad Evans
Hector Lombard

1-5
Johny Hendricks
Josh Burman
Francimar Barroso
Anthony Hamilton

2-5
Joe Lauzon
Ross Pearson

0-4
Carlos Condit

1-4
Albert Morales
Amanda Cooper
Jake Ellenberger
Michael Johnson
Thibault Gouti
Travis Browne
Bec Rawlings
Kailin Curran

0-3
Ashley Yoder
Bojan Mihajlovic
Brian Camozzi
Gleison Tibau
Henry Briones
Jonathan Wilson
Rashad Coulter
Sabah Homasi
Terrion Ware
Viktor Pesta
Sean O'Connell
Damian Grabowski
Antonio Da Silva
Bobby Nash
Hacran Dias
Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger
Phillipe Nover
Sam Sicilia
Shane Campbell
Takanori Gomi
Valerie Letourneau

Great research digging up the records! Crazy to think about Condit - he's someone who almost never gets mentioned in these discussions.

I disagree with you about Ronda. I think that was more a matter of her lack of striking skills being exposed. I doubt being any stronger or better conditioned would have helped her match up with Holm or Nunes striking.

It's only a half truth. I don't like the Manlet squad. But I also shit on it because it is a new weight class. It doesn't have the depth imo YET to really start saying mighty mouse is GOAT. 135 was at least around in the WEC days. This division was basically created for mighty mouse. It was started when drug testing even pre USADA was very strict. Give it more time to develop before we start saying who is the GOAT. It's like Ronda and WMMA. Lightweight and up have been around the longest. (Well technically heavyweight/openweight but you get where I'm coming from when it comes to modern mma with rules and time limits etc) I respect mighty mouse skills. But honestly when you do the math, how many 125ers have popped for peds? I can't think of a 1. While in other older established weight classes, the list is long and distinguished. 125 class is new and traditionally not based around peds.

I was just curious if you would be honest about why you said that the way you did and clearly, you are honest.

It's strange to me how this thread, in which several people have posted well-researched, intelligent posts, gets wastelanded.

I wish a mod took the time to explain the current sherdog stance on PED accusations. The rules used to be clear: if you accuse a fighter without proof, or even strongly insinuate that he was on something, you would get punished. Then at some point, the mods began to completely ignore accusations of this sort. You could call Aldo a juicer, for ex., and Mods would turn a blind eye. You even had mods calling so-and-so a juicer and other mods just shrugging their shoulders when they were reported.

Now this thread gets wastelanded ...why? Can Sherdog please get its shit together and moderate with some consistency please?

I'll never understand the logic that if I throw a baseless accusations at anybody that depicts them as a cheater and they get offended and say it's not true

That now it's true.
It is not being offended, it is his reaction and speech pattern that made him suspicious.

He was super defensive and provided a lot of unnecessary information.

It is not being offended, it is his reaction and speech pattern that made him suspicious.

He was super defensive and provided a lot of unnecessary information.

You mean Conor was over dramatic at a press conference?? Yea totally out of character...

Yeah, but I think if he kept a good diet, he would still be a top 10 ww

I don't know about that. It was more than just a physical drop off for Johnny. It's in his head, too. Like it just sapped his confidence. He always wore that goofy smile before, but now his eyes look empty. I think any chance he had of recovering his confidence disappeared when Wonderboy beat him down. It's too bad. I really liked him until he took the 5th round off against GSP.

You mean Conor was over dramatic at a press conference?? Yea totally out of character...
He wasn't dramatic when Nate accused of everyone (not just McGregor) of using steroids, he was super defensive and tried to convince people with long explanation. He could laugh it off if he was innocent

He wasn't dramatic when Nate accused of everyone (not just McGregor) of using steroids, he was super defensive and tried to convince people with long explanation. He could laugh it off if he was innocent

Lol wtf are you talking about?? He wasn't defensive when Nate made a general statement but became defensive when Nate made a comment about him personally???

= must be on steroids.

Sherdog never ceases to amaze me with the level of stupidity in the world. Gotta love this place.

This list is joke. USADA started testing 1 July 2015.
Lawler won belt before USADA, and defended it twice after.
Weidman was not able to handle weight cut after USADA.
Aldo won against Edgar 1 year after USADA, and won interim FW belt.
Dominick Cruz won belts before and after USADA.
Jedrzejczyk won belt and defended it before USADA, and then defended it 4 times after USADA.

Only 3 champions from 2015 are suspicious:
Jon Jones - obvious PED user, proven cheater
Werdum - was caught recently, possible cheater
Ronda - totall disaster after USADA came, who tf knows, possible

That's it.
Just a note. Usada only started testing properly on October 1st of that year. That's when athletes started providing location info etc.
Prior to that it was largely education

Back