Who has most influenced you?

Achilleus

Trojan
Banned
Reaction score
Post a picture or gif:

924452eac1cc356bbd821f5b27cf55ea.jpeg

A Chinese man who died 2500 years ago is your biggest influence? Fucking Hipster.

Think for 90% of people it will be their parents.

A Chinese man who died 1500 years ago is your biggest influence? Fucking Hipster.

Think for 90% of people it will be their parents.
I mean, Christians could trump that with Jesus, I suppose. Kind of a lie, if we're honest.

I mean, Christians could trump that with Jesus, I suppose. Kind of a lie, if we're honest.

Typo.......2500 years ago.

In most cases, Christians are only Christians because their parents are.

Typo.......2500 years ago.

In most cases, Christians are only Christians because their parents are.
Society gives us most of our assumed paradigms. Doesn't determine if a given paradigm is true or not.
Generally, I think folks are more influenced by people in the here and now than they'd care to admit. One is always more "american" than "christian" or whatever.

Anywho, tough to say "who" has most influenced. Intellectually it's probably St. Augustine, Aquinas, or Heidegger. Socially, the answer for most of us is mom and/or dad

<mma4>
Society gives us most of our assumed paradigms. Doesn't determine if a given paradigm is true or not.
Generally, I think folks are more influenced by people in the here and now than they'd care to admit. One is always more "american" than "christian" or whatever.

Anyone, tough to say "who" has most influenced. Intellectually it's probably St. Augustine, Aquinas, or Heidegger. Socially, the answer for most of us is mom and/or dad

Your parents, obviously.

How so? If all they ever taught me was Goethe's words, wouldn't I be more influenced by Goethe than by my parents? Obviously my parents were channeling Goethe.

Back