Social Who Here Has The Guts To Post Their Pic?

Thanks, Warhead. Much appreciated.
My career in the ring wasn't all that it could have been but I'm proud of it. While my accomplishments were modest as a fighter I made a good living as a sparring partner for quite a few big name fighters back in the day. I worked with Sugar Ray Leonard, Hector Camacho, Aaron Pryor, Simon Brown, Roberto Duran, Shane Mosley & many others. IMG_20170926_145959.jpg IMG_20170831_232658.jpg IMG_20170927_151338.jpg IMG_20170927_151052.jpg IMG_20170926_140549.jpg IMG_20170928_020102.jpg

Nice -- the Hawk. Was off the Ya-yo at the time o the pic?
Yeah, I sparred with him back in 1988 after he'd given all that up. Unfortunately, by the time that was the case, he was well past his best & he had issues with his eyes. But, he could still do a number on me in the gym. LOL.

Yeah, I sparred with him back in 1988 after he'd given all that up. Unfortunately, by the time that was the case, he was well past his best & he had issues with his eyes. But, he could still do a number on me in the gym. LOL.

The Pryor -- Arguillo fights make me think about a time gone by in boxing.

AS Bert Sugar once said, "pro boxing is only slightly less legitimate than pro wrestling.
I was actually a pretty good friend & occasional drinking partner of Bert Sugar back in the day. We spent quite a bit of time over the years discussing the game & he always called me the brightest clubfighter/sparring partner that he knew because I could go toe to toe with him about modern era boxing history. Of course, when the discussion got around to the old-timers I couldn't hold a candle to him. So, I'd just shut up & listen.
RIP Bert.
IMG_20170831_224449.jpg

I was actually a pretty good friend & occasional drinking partner of Bert Sugar back in the day. We spent quite a bit of time over the years discussing the game & he always called me the brightest clubfighter/sparring partner that he knew because I could go toe to toe with him about modern era boxing history. Of course, when the discussion got around to the old-timers I couldn't hold a candle to him. So, I'd just shut up & listen.
RIP Bert.
View attachment 494099

How good was Billy Castello in your opinion?

How good was Billy Castello in your opinion?
He was a very good fighter that had above-average power in his right hand. His finishing ability didn't match his power though as he could hurt his opponents but he'd fail to knock them out as often as he was capable of. But, that didn't prevent him from winning the title & defending it on a couple of occasions back during his prime in the mid-'80s.
Unfortunately, his prime wasn't a long one as his chin betrayed him when he faced "Lightning" Lonnie Smith in MSG. Which was a surprise as Smith wasn't known as a puncher going into the contest. But, he dropped Costello a number of times before knocking him out in the eighth round. Which was followed by a fourth-round KO loss to a comebacking Alexis Arguello which ended his career as a world-class fighter.
I worked with Billy on numerous occasions after his fighting days were over & he became a judge for the NYSAC. I was an inspector for them at the time.

He was a very good fighter that had above-average power in his right hand. His finishing ability didn't match his power though as he could hurt his opponents but he'd fail to knock them out as often as he was capable of. But, that didn't prevent him from winning the title & defending it on a couple of occasions back during his prime in the mid-'80s.
Unfortunately, his prime wasn't a long one as his chin betrayed him when he faced "Lightning" Lonnie Smith in MSG. Which was a surprise as Smith wasn't known as a puncher going into the contest. But, he dropped Costello a number of times before knocking him out in the eighth round. Which was followed by a fourth-round KO loss to a comebacking Alexis Arguello which ended his career as a world-class fighter.
I worked with Billy on numerous occasions after his fighting days were over & he became a judge for the NYSAC. I was an inspector for them at the time.

That's awesome. What about Michael Olijade? He was another 80s fighter who's success never matched his skill.

He's another fighter who I worked with briefly back in the day.
Michael was a good, slick boxer who could punch. He seemed to be destined for a world title but unfortunately, he just fell a little short when he faced elite fighters like Frank Tate, Iran Barkley & Thomas Hearns.
IMG_20170928_171619.jpg

He's another fighter who I worked with briefly back in the day.
Michael was a good, slick boxer who could punch. He seemed to be destined for a world title but unfortunately, he just fell a little short when he faced elite fighters like Frank Tate, Iran Barkley & Thomas Hearns.
View attachment 494167

Frank Tate seriously took the air out of Olidaje. Still remember that fight being on a Saturday afternoon on network TV.

No clue why tinypic.com turns it upside down still. I'm the one in the grey shirt. Girl in the middle is a friend with benefits and the girl in the outside is my brother. Boom take that nerd.

2vb0mm0.jpg

No clue why tinypic.com turns it upside down still. I'm the one in the grey shirt. Girl in the middle is a friend with benefits and the girl in the outside is my brother. Boom take that nerd.

2vb0mm0.jpg
The girl and man with long hair look related, at least from this perspective.

Back