Who irritates you more, ultra conservatives and bleeding heart Liberals?

I feel like the Internet has led to more sensationalism than anything else. Back in the Reagan era stupid people barely paid any attention to the news. These days you're average dumbshit that would never have read a newspaper 30 years ago is getting pumped full of bullshit 24/7 on social media.
Also back then the news was the news and it was boring. Now the networks fulfill their public responsibility to report the news by funding cspan and then pay talking heads millions to tell the public what's important and how they should feel about it, while offering little to no information, no dialogue, and no debate on whatever issue they are selling to keep you watching through the commercial break.

Both annoy me, but far leftists worry me more.

Why? Because they have become everything they claim to hate, but somehow fail to see it.

This was obvious way back when they started embracing the reverse racism of “white privilege,” but became especially dangerous (in my eyes) when mobs of disgruntled protesters started physically attacking political opponents(a fascist tactic) under the guise of “anti fascism”.

I get what you are saying but I think you are overlooking the Fox News effect and, more destructive than that, the overflow of right wing radio talk shows. Many people in this country, especially over 40, do not rely on the internet for their news and get their opinions from listening to evangelical right wing propagandists that litter the airwaves of this country.
Right wing radio is straight fucking poison. I will give you that; however, everlasting else as a collective whole is super liberal from what I can see. Fox is but one BS cable news network. there are many liberal BS cable news networks that more than counter it. Add to this that everything from social media to network TV, to Hollywood is mostly super liberal. How many big city newspapers are even moderate anymore? Look at what our children are being force-fed. It's not conservative BS like when I was a kid in the 80's growing up in rural Colorado. It's liberal BS. almost all of it.

nsr.gif

Two sides of the same coin. Both are bullies that shout down opinions by using fear and violence. The right wingers seem more calculating, which could make them more dangerous, but I feel like they are more subtle in their actions. To me, the left wingers are just desperate to find a cause to fight for, whether it matters or not. Both seem like useful distractions for their respective parties to keep power; they are degrading the signal to noise ratio.

Both seem vehemently anti-science, just disregarding it when it is convenient to them, which scares the hell out of me.

Do you not know what the word savage means? The party that wants all immigrants out, has rampant racism, loves guns, is against the idea of helping the less fortunate and feel women shouldn't have as many rights as men qualifies as savage.

The party that whines online due to a misplaced sense of justice is annoying.

Now go ahead and bring up ANTIFA like they're the majority of the left....

What a load of horse shit.

Conservatives by far because they refuse to accept facts when having a discussion. I don't even really know any far left liberals and I think for the most part the idea of a super far left liberal is made up. People who want wide open borders I think it largely a made up premise and people who actually want to abort fetuses is made up. For some reason far right wingers consider a person who wants gender equality, someone who supports feminism and someone who is pro womens right to choose a far left liberal which is ridiculous.

Liberals and leftists fascination with defending/ignoring even the most horrible of atrocities committed by Muslims or in the name of Islam.

I think this is largely a made up viewpoint. I cannot imagine a person condoning the violence perpetrated by radical Islam. May they offer excuses and reasons for the violence? Sure, but I'm not sure anyone is defending them. Proof would change my mind though

centrism =/= reasonability

Arguments to moderation are silly. Although the ignorant/arrogant dichotomy in the American right/left certainly has some reality to it.

Can you expand why "Arguments to moderation are silly?"

This is a thread for my fellow political centrists and other reasonable folks. Who irritates you more between ultra conservatives and bleeding heart Liberals?

For me, I've always despised the far right more because I'm not religious in the slightest. The concept of people making important decisions that effect their own or other's lives which are based on complete and utter nonsense always drove me nuts. However, the older I get, the more I can't stand the left. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm changing or the left keeps going more bonkers by the day. I suspect it's a little of both.

When I'm around friends or family members in 2017 that are frothing at the mouth liberal or conservative, I have to say that the extreme liberals irritate me more these days. The thing is that most of my ultra conservative friends or family members are just idiots. They don't mean any harm, they're just not smart. The hard core liberals I know are not only completely detached from reality, but they're usually complete tools if you share a different opinion. For as much as the scream about tolerance, they're ironically intolerant as all hell. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that our media and educational system is pretty liberal these days, so a lot of these people feel justified to ram their opinions down your throat because they simply don't understand that half the people in this country don't agree with them.

What do you got?

Left. If I were confronted with Roy Moore types on a daily basis it would be a different story but the fact is that guys like him are fairly marginalized and he couldn't even win in Alabama. The nutty leftists, on the other hand, are everywhere and are particularly concentrated in academia and that affects us all

They're both pretty fucking annoying.

Watching them duke it out is quite entertaining though.

As for who is more annoying, far left is worse these days it seems.

This thread has no shot at being productive, but I'll give it a whirl.

If we are talking about the people that surround us on a daily basis my experience is political views have nothing to do with it. I hate bullshit no matter where it comes from. And enjoy the company of people of all political stripes as well. And there are plenty of people who I disagree with on politics and hate bringing it up with them but are cool as shit otherwise.

If we are talking about political leaders it's the right by light years. Their mission of upwards redistribution of wealth defies what we know about economics and behavior of people and businesses and their willingness to do it at all costs (violate political norms, exclude Democrats from the process, pass really unpopular shit, etc.) is flat out immoral and incompetent. Furthermore, the right is more than happy to gut the ACA & entitlement programs which would cause a lot of suffering and literal preventable deaths.

The left is not without it's problems but those are what I would describe as within political norms. The right is intellectually and morally bankrupt. The left just fucks up sometimes but their heart is in the right place.

As far as my personality goes I do tend to have more right leaning friends than left, but they're across the spectrum.

In the real world, I can't stand either of them.

However, I think the far left is less of a real problem. The loony left wing consisting of agendas like making sure men can call themselves women if they want and use any bathroom they feel like, tearing down the entire white race, and forcing abortions on everyone where they want them or not is a tiny fringe. They are fucking obnoxious, don't get me wrong and online they seem like a threat to conservatives because they are vocal. But they have no actual power.

I am a liberal guy but I see some shit online from the left that makes my blood boil. For example, there is a comedy podcast I listen to. The hosts made an effort to be inclusive and accepting of all types, which is cool, BUT over time the online fandom morphed into basically a trans-only club. The seething hatred for straight whites without mental illness is pretty disgusting. Any time any fan expressed a differing point of view they were ganged up on, shamed, etc and this was not remotely offensive or aggressive stuff. So somewhere out there these "snowflakes" do exist.

But the right wing elected Donald Trump, and a pedophile barely lost a senate election.

It used to be that the right wing was stupid because they were working even more blatantly than the democrats to do nothing but make corporations and the 1% richer and destroy the middle class. Now they still have that component, and have added conspiracy mongering, overt racism, support of pedos, and willful ignorance on most common sense social issues. The people willing to grab their tiki torches and march on the streets with nazi flags is probably just as small as the left fringe. But the rest of the right supports those people if their party personalities tell them to. On the left (including most liberals on this board) nobody seems to support the far left "gender is a choice, down with CIS whities" types, nobody thinks Antifa are super awesome heroes. Most of us just want social progress and policy that will help people, including the middle class and poor.

Left. If I were confronted with Roy Moore types on a daily basis it would be a different story but the fact is that guys like him are fairly marginalized and he couldn't even win in Alabama. The nutty leftists, on the other hand, are everywhere and are particularly concentrated in academia and that affects us all

And yet, there really isn't the center right in USA can do about that. Judith Butler isn't gonna be confronted by an angry crowd here any time soon.

One is a hate and ignorance fueled fundamental detriment to a functioning society, the other is a group of whiny, arrogant people misguided by usually caring too much.

I'll take the lesbian who loves muslims over the pastor raping kids any day.

Siding with Muslims.....wow..
Easily, liberals are the worst...

Leftists are far more annoying right now because they have the upper hand.

I don't think all of the left's ideals are extreme. It's more the social issues and PC culture that has become detached from reality. Look, I support full on socialized medicine to some degree. I'm against big oil and fracking. I support full on decriminalization of all drugs, legalized prostitution, state funded abortion.....etc. I'm by no means what one would call conservative; however, since I'm not completely retarded, I don't by into any of this gender BS the left is obsessed with. Men and women are biologically different. A lot different. I can recognize that Islam is poison to the first world. Cops target black men not because they're racist but because black men commit far more crime. Women don't actually earn less than men for the same work.......etc

You disgusting right wing kkk neo Nazi!!!!

Shame on you!!!

To answer you question ts...

I guess it depends where you live

I don’t live in south n I’m not a gay guy who was refused wedding cake service (the horror) so I don’t have to deal with ultra conservatives.

On the other hand ultra liberals became some type of religious cult themselves. They all try to out liberal each other n look down on anybody not buying into their ideology.

The Muslim thing is a good example

They don’t like conservative Christians, but have no problem with conservative Muslims (who are even less liberal in their ideology)

Liberals are on average better educated and more well off. I'll hang with them.

I think there's a lot of mischaracterizations and massive generalizations going on in here. I guess that is to be expected from a thread that literally pits two sides against each other and asks them to explain why the other is the worst.

Back