Who is behind the explosion that is wmma?

WME, its being shoved down our throats, whether we like it or not. They need content, its not rocket science.

Omg .. my tablet is actually trying to replace words when im typing them.. 1984 is here guys we are 1 step away from machine and the new world order from total control over our being.. and wmma is part of it.

SKYNET is taking over!

Big Brother sees you!

That's a good point .. do a free wmma card and see what the numbers are.. around 7 that'll be about it.
I have a good friend that's really into wmma and I've watched Invicta cards with him. They're alright, some of the fights are really fun.

But here's the thing.... Invicta cards are like $10. Not $65, but $10. Because ultimately almost nobody cares about wmma. It's like if they made you purchase tickets for a WNBA game if you wanted to watch the NBA. No other sport fucking does that. And the reason is very obvious, female athletics don't sell and nobody cares because they aren't the best in the world. It's not even debatable. The WNBA has been around for some time now and nobody gives two fucks. Ditto for any female sport compared to the male version.

It's because the guys are such pussies, turning down fights, picking up injuries, getting busted for some shit or other. Got to fill the cards somehow.

Then you get Sherdog's anti-femaie crowd continually making wmma threads to prove to their pals they're not into this girl fighting malarkey. The accountants see 20 Mackenzie threads on the front page and get excited.

You hate wmma, talk about something else.

It's because the guys are such pussies, turning down fights, picking up injuries, getting busted for some shit or other. Got to fill the cards somehow.

Then you get Sherdog's anti-femaie crowd continually making wmma threads to prove to their pals they're not into this girl fighting malarkey. The accountants see 20 Mackenzie threads on the front page and get excited.
I get excited too.

The new owners can't pay back their debts and don't have the money to really stack cards, hence the expansion of substandard, bargain basement WMMA. The hope is that enough people will still lap this up for them to make a profit at a minimal cost and you never know, they might find another Ronda. But as we can see from PPV numbers, this clearly isn't working and the chances of them manufacturing another Rousey level WMMA superstar that the wider public will fall for seems slim to none.

But the other problem they have created for themselves with this is they are now stuck between a rock and a hard place as in today's political climate, if they just bit the bullet and cut WMMA (or at least 90% of it) they would face a huge backlash from the outrage mob. And not from MMA fans but from the likes of CNN and various 'right-on' holier than thou celebs and talking heads.

Last edited:
The new owners can't pay back their debts and don't have the money to really stack cards, hence the expansion of substandard, bargain basement WMMA. The hope is that enough people will still lap this up for them to make a profit at a minimal cost and you never know, they might find another Ronda. But as we can see from PPV numbers, this clearly isn't working and the chances of them manufacturing another Rousey level WMMA superstar that the wider public will fall for seems slim to none.

But the other problem they have created for themselves with this is they are now stuck between a hard place and a rock as in today's political climate, if they just bit the bullet and cut WMMA (or at least 90% of it) then they would face a huge backlash from the outrage mob. And not from MMA fans but from the likes of CNN and various 'right-on' holier than thou celebs and talking heads.
They should just buy Invicta, rebrand it as WUFC or something, and merge all the women's divisions back into it. You wanna sell wmma, fine put on some wmma cards and see how that goes.

They should just buy Invicta, rebrand it as WUFC or something, and merge all the women's divisions back into it. You wanna sell wmma, fine put on some wmma cards and see how that goes.
Will never happen.

Even if we ignore natural differences between genders like speed and strength, for every woman that is into fighting and trains MMA, there are hundreds of men who train MMA. So it we are for equallity, ratio of men to women in should be 99:1 in entire roster.
But in UFC's main cards, women often take 40% of space which is absurd given how much more talent there is in men's divisions

Will never happen.
giphy.gif

<mma1>

The weekends card Maia vs Usman has 2 wmma fights near top of the card..

Who the fuck is driving this agenda? Who are the monsters behind the screens promoting this shit?

Is it the fans? Are you guys really digging these wannabe geezas fighting ?
The same damn people who made Rey from Star Wars into a Mary Sue

I am.
WMMA is real and superior fighting.
As real fighting fans, we, the ones fighting in name of WMMA, are far from done.
Until we have 6 WMMA fights in a 12 fight card we won't have reached the minimum quota, the ideal card.

Men's divisions are on a downslide with so many people ducking each other, it's annoying and it's dying while WMMA is getting more and more popular and is UFC's future. More 145ers and women's atomweight are next.

<GrassoBless>
There is a thing you would love, it's called Invicta, go on their forums and manifest your WMMA enthousiasm there. If the WMMA is so great i am sure that Invicta will outgrow the UFC soon.

You can’t figure out the UFC is “ behind “ it ?

What does a person respond with, if you are that incapable of seeing the basic and obvious truth when it hits you between the eyes with a baseball bat ?

There is a thing you would love, it's called Invicta, go on their forums and manifest your WMMA enthousiasm there. If the WMMA is so great i am sure that Invicta will outgrow the UFC soon.
Invicta is a feeder league, the top talent there goes to UFC just like Jennifer Maia and Yana Kunitskaya who recently came to UFC and many others in the past, so nah, there's no way Invicta will outgrow the UFC, if it had all WMMA talent, maybe, not very likely since it has less divisions and fighters competing.

PS: I watch and usually enjoy Invicta, but thank you anyway.

Overall this card is 4/10 weak sauce. I can pick half of the fighters on the main card out of a line-up. Moreno-Oantoja rematch makes little sense, they just fought on TUF not too long ago, and it’s buried on the prelims. No opinion on Lee vs other lady, but Suarez is going to grapple Grasso (who is overrated and gun-shy) into bolivian.

I just skip past all the WMMA fights.

Horrendous waste of time to watch such unskillful players put on a cringe-worthy sparring match.

Back