Who is doing more Damage in their position of power Angela Merkel, or Donald Trump?

Who is doing more Damage in their position of power Angela Merkel, or Donald Trump?

• Total voters
I think Trump is a symptom and not the disease itself. No way he would have been elected in a healthy political environment imo. I give the US more credit than to think he would have got the nod over anyone but Clinton. Those last two candidates had the lowest approval rating in history after all.

As for the question in the OP - Merkel might have set back EU solidarity by years (at the very least) but the migrant situation is finally being addressed in a meaningful manner. Whatever Trump may do is also a temporary issue as he didn't get elected as emperor for life but is constrained by checks and balances. He could be gone in two years as well and that's something all the chicken littles ignore. For the love of all that's good in the world, get your shit together al y'all Americans and find candidates worth a damn.

I guess my answer is that Merkel made the bigger blunder (up to this point) but neither is as bad as their critics would have you believe. That might come as a surprise to those familiar with me in the migrant threads, but there it is anyways.

What specifically should we Americans want to see from our candidates that's different then what we're getting from Trump? I feel like American's electing an outsider like Trump is working to fulfull his promises at a rate we've never seen is American getting it's shit together. Should we go back to GWB and invade and occupy countries? How about removing leaders and destabilizing countries that end up producing slave trades like Obama? Should have elected the Clintons again? Maybe McCain would be a good option?

Please point to a time where America had "it's shit together" and was electing good, honest people who did good things for America and the world. Go...

MSM has probably "emboldened" Putin more than any politician.

"They have literally destroyed our country! We are infiltrated! Our President is a Russian AGENT! reeeeee!"

The have undermined the integrity of our elections and government more than Putin could ever dream

I have a feeling that very few people on this forum really know much about what is going on in Germany, so the answers to this are probably not going to be very well informed. I'm in that category, I have no idea.

You remember that Trump is literally Hitler, right? If you want a closer result in the poll, you should pit literal Hitler against, well, Hitler.

Obama was literally Hitler.
Find something better to cry about.

Merkel is typical politician. Yes she was lax on immigration. Nothing that cant be fixed. Trump created a cult and lowered the standards for politicians behaviour so much. He has created a toxic environment

Are talking about political environment, social environment, trade environment or natural environment?

Any could apply.

I have a feeling that very few people on this forum really know much about what is going on in Germany, so the answers to this are probably not going to be very well informed. I'm in that category, I have no idea.

I will break it down for you then , the Muslim invaders are currently overwhelming the Nazi natives , sausage and beer production are unaffected so far .

The average person? No. Some people? Sure. Just like some people got fucked over by the policies that benefited the other group. There's always another side to the coin, thats why 2 party elections are so effective (for the candidates) in this country.

When "some people" is wide swaths of the country, you might want to actually evaluate your position.

<DisgustingHHH>

WAIT!!!!!!!! But Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When "some people" is wide swaths of the country, you might want to actually evaluate your position.

<DisgustingHHH>
Which much of the country did in the last election.

Which much of the country did in the last election.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/pu...acare-hits-record-high-ahead-of-2018-midterms

A new tracking poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation finds the highest ever public approval rating for the Affordable Care Act since the organization began asking the question in 2010. According to the survey, 54 percent of the public view the embattled law favorably, while 42 percent hold an unfavorable view. The major shift in public approval for the ACA since Trump took office and set about chipping away at the law has mostly been driven by independents, 55 percent of whom currently approve of Obamacare.

Furthermore, the survey found, health care is a top issue for voters headed into the 2018 midterm elections—particularly the rising cost of health care. Among registered voters in battlegrounds states, far more people said they wanted to hear candidates talk about health care costs than further attempts to repeal the ACA.

Bye Seano. See you at your next stanning performance.

You're not understanding that the fact that you lost a fundamental freedom is a loss unto itself. The point of Net Neutrality laws are to maintain the status quo of how things currently are. If you create a website, or pay for a hosting service, you're entitled to the same protections and quality of service as the large corporations. It's basically a Bill of Rights for the internet. We've allowed telecoms to jerk us around on infrastructure for decades, and now we've effectively given free reign for paid prioritization and predatory bundling practices for inferior services. It's an untapped profit stream, it's only a matter of time.

There are a couple of hail mary situations where we could restore the rules, but we're losing this fight right now. That's the loss, allowing big telecom organizations to further tighten their grip on the entirety of our communications infrastructure for the benefit of their bottom lines.

Oh, I do understand that and I agree with your assessment. I should have worded my query better in terms of direct material consequences at this point. I also understand the potential for abuse in what was done, I was simply wondering if it had happened yet.

Thanks for the response!

What specifically should we Americans want to see from our candidates that's different then what we're getting from Trump? I feel like American's electing an outsider like Trump is working to fulfull his promises at a rate we've never seen is American getting it's shit together. Should we go back to GWB and invade and occupy countries? How about removing leaders and destabilizing countries that end up producing slave trades like Obama? Should have elected the Clintons again? Maybe McCain would be a good option?

Please point to a time where America had "it's shit together" and was electing good, honest people who did good things for America and the world. Go...
I started to write a lenghty reply, but just don't care enough about Trump. Instead I'll make a quick observation, then ask you a question.

I think Trump derangement syndrome is real, and he's not the antichrist like some want to desperately believe.

If he throttled back the nepotism, bombastic verbal diarrhea, tried to communicate and understand instead of defend/attack constantly would that not be an improvement?

I started to write a lenghty reply, but just don't care enough about Trump. Instead I'll make a quick observation, then ask you a question.

I think Trump derangement syndrome is real, and he's not the antichrist like some want to desperately believe.

If he throttled back the nepotism, bombastic verbal diarrhea, tried to communicate and understand instead of defend/attack constantly would that not be an improvement?

Yes it would

Angela has brought in so many refugees she’s reshaping her country for the worse, so much so the citizens are standing up against it

Back