Who is Maxim Leidjekker?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
This guy is Fedor's grappling coach. Apparently he is BJJ Black Belt under Rickson Gracie. I could be wrong, but if this guy had remotely some accomplishment in tourneys, you'd imagine you could find it online somewhere. Does anyone know anything about this guy? How good could this guy be?

[yt]

I wonder how anyone who isnt in the Henry Akins group "ricksons student" or "ricksons black belt"

I wonder how anyone who isnt in the Henry Akins group "ricksons student" or "ricksons black belt"

Well apparently he is legit Rickson Gracie black belt. I don't know how good that guy is though, in that video, he certainly doesn't look good in my untrained eyes

Well apparently he is legit Rickson Gracie black belt. I don't know how good that guy is though, in that video, he certainly doesn't look good in my untrained eyes

He’s doing a modified basic trip and mount control, there isn’t much to see, he looked fluid, if he’s a Rickson bb, he might not be tearing the jiu jitsu scene, but he sure is legit.

I mean how did he train under rickson when rickson hasnt had an academy in decades? And even when he did, he was barely there...

I mean how did he train under rickson when rickson hasnt had an academy in decades? And even when he did, he was barely there...
I have trained under Harold Harder, who is another rickson black belt and came up with Maxim. I know that they use to travel to the US to train directly under Rickson. Rickson also still comes here yearly for seminars and training.

Maxim is legit, but not much information on the internet (in English). As mentioned above, there are some Rickson Gracie black belts in the Netherlands (Maxim and Harold Harder) the EGJJF https://www.egjjf.com/en/rickson-gracie-seminar/ is based in the Netherlands for a reason, there is a healthy Rickson Gracie jiu-jitsu lineage here with black belts like Michel Verhoeven and Raoul Hiwat as the most prominent. I do find that quite often Rickson Gracie fighters are not as active in BJJ competitions as they focus on self-defense rather than sport jiu-jitsu. This means they are not as easy to find online (no competition results and so on). If you have any questions surrounding the legitimacy of Maxim's black belt or level, I would recommend finding him in his dojo and having a chat .. : http://www.bjj-purmerend.nl/grappling-mixed-martial-arts/
and I doubt the Last Emperor would waste his time on trianing with anything less then the best trainers out there..

Maxim is legit, but not much information on the internet (in English). As mentioned above, there are some Rickson Gracie black belts in the Netherlands (Maxim and Harold Harder) the EGJJF https://www.egjjf.com/en/rickson-gracie-seminar/ is based in the Netherlands for a reason, there is a healthy Rickson Gracie jiu-jitsu lineage here with black belts like Michel Verhoeven and Raoul Hiwat as the most prominent. I do find that quite often Rickson Gracie fighters are not as active in BJJ competitions as they focus on self-defense rather than sport jiu-jitsu. This means they are not as easy to find online (no competition results and so on). If you have any questions surrounding the legitimacy of Maxim's black belt or level, I would recommend finding him in his dojo and having a chat .. : http://www.bjj-purmerend.nl/grappling-mixed-martial-arts/
and I doubt the Last Emperor would waste his time on trianing with anything less then the best trainers out there..
Agreed. I train under Michel right now and we're not much of a competition team and the focus is indeed more on self defense.

I have trained under Harold Harder, who is another rickson black belt and came up with Maxim. I know that they use to travel to the US to train directly under Rickson. Rickson also still comes here yearly for seminars and training.

I guess I didnt word my question correctly. It shoud have been " how much did he actually train with rickson"? Sinxe I know people who have spent years at his school and they tell me that he was barely there. They say lemao was teaching most of the time.

@nefti I see, that's a good question. I know that the main guys (black belts and other "higher belts") go to the States to train with Rickson (and Kron and Pedro Elias and so on) quite regularly to train with Rickson (in his home dojo as well) to keep up to date with new developments. I guess it's a bit like people who train/teach in the US and whose teachers are still in Brasil. It's not ideal but they make it work. Also, given the frequency with which Rickson comes to the Netherlands to give seminars and privates I wouldn't be surprised if they have quite a good relationship. Don't know about Maxim, he's more focussed on MMA it would seem, whereas I struggle to do BJJ :) but I doubt RIckson would award black belts to anyone who didn't have a deep understanding/knowledge of his school of JJ.

Back