Who is Mayberry's Greatest Geek?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've given this a lot of thought and there's a lot of worthy candidates my vote is split between Doughbelly, or Dr Lectur.

That said I feel like my nerd/geek credentials are up there as well. To be considered a true Geek, or nerd you must have an in depth knowledge of

1.Comic Books everyone's nerd journey starts with either DC or Marvel...or Image that's if you're a complete loser.
images

2.Trading Cards I personally have over 500 Marvel Universe, baseball, and basketball trading cars
upload_2018-4-20_17-19-18.jpeg

3.Anime and manga my anime knowledge is lacking that said I am an original Voltron, Tranzor Z, Robotech, Gundam homer.
upload_2018-4-20_17-20-15.jpeg

4.Inepttedness with women...hate to admit that I was the shy guy that didn't have great success with girls however I hit puberty at age 5 and its been quite the ride since
images

5.Grades to be a true nerd you must have atleast a 3.5 GPA with ones academic concentration being in the hard sciences and maths. my best subjects were Lunch and Gym so I'm lacking a bit there.

6.Nerd crush. to be a true nerd you have to have fantasized marrying and deflowering a cartoon woman, Deanna Troi, or a comic book heroine
upload_2018-4-20_17-26-50.jpeg

upload_2018-4-20_17-24-27.jpeg
images

what say you sherbros...who is Mayberry's most profound geek and why?

Last edited:
Well, I am down with Helen Slater.

Original

I vote clippy

(because he’s a dork)

Not sure how many 'geeks' watch MMA.

don't sell your self short their loiosh the nerd force is strong with you

I'm not even a padawan compared to them where comics are concerned.

I have my own geek cred, to be sure.

I have a room full of fantasy tabletop games. I played D&D, G.U.R.P.S., Traveller, Twilight 2000, Gamma World, Star Frontiers, and other RPGs. I played Starfleet Battles for years. I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars of MTG cards and play-tested with pro-tour players, and designed and printed my own set. A friend of mine owned a card shop and we'd hang out in his shop with friends and play cards and watch anime until dawn.

I keep a deck of Munchkin cards in my backpack at all times.

Well, based on the OP's criteria I guess I qualify as a geek. Read more than a million pages worth of manga from more than 1k different series. Graduated summa cum laude in mechanical engineering, attended grad school for fluid dynamics. Deanna Troi (and Dr. Crusher, go team red-head MILF!) has been giving me the tinglies for ~25 years. Still own my MTG cards (though I haven't really played in a decade). Pretty good at the DC comics knowledge (though never really got into Marvel). Have a spreadsheet that details dozens of individual data-sets for box-office performance for comicbook films. Have multiple armies for WH40k. Have played tabletop RPGs from a bunch of systems and have GM'd for both DnD and a custom GURPS game set in the Mass Effect universe. Have written a complete (talking 500+ page PDF) custom 3.5 update when I found Pathfinder lackluster. Build my own computers. Own a 3D printer and built a custom enclosure for it. Currently building a custom raspberry pi powered handheld console. Steam account has nearly 400 games. Still own my NES, SNES, Super Scope, N64, and PS1, all in original packaging (including all the plastic baggies and papers/fliers).

Definitely a geek, but I probably wouldn't win for biggest.

Last edited:
I like particle Physics, does this count? lol. But no, I am good with girls, got good grades and am foreign. Come at me, bros.

I'm not even a padawan compared to them where comics are concerned.

I have my own geek cred, to be sure.

I have a room full of fantasy tabletop games. I played D&D, G.U.R.P.S., Traveller, Twilight 2000, Gamma World, Star Frontiers, and other RPGs. I played Starfleet Battles for years. I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars of MTG cards and play-tested with pro-tour players, and designed and printed my own set. A friend of mine owned a card shop and we'd hang out in his shop with friends and play cards and watch anime until dawn.

I keep a deck of Munchkin cards in my backpack at all times.

I KNEW I LIKED YOU FOR SOME REASON

and x tra big up for not mentioning fortygay wart hammer

200w.gif

just so we're clear I'm supes here^

I KNEW I LIKED YOU FOR SOME REASON

and x tra big up for not mentioning fortygay wart hammer

200w.gif

just so we're clear I'm supes here^

That game seemed prohibitively expensive to me.

A friend of mine was really into it, but it was more than just a game for him, his hobby was detailing models. It was art.

I was already spending too much money on other games.

I'm not on the level of you guys but here's my steez:

Started out when I was likkle, at the elementary school library found a series of books Called "Choose Your Own Adventure" the first ones I remember where Space and Beyond, and Deadwood City.

Moved on to Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson books which where kind of similar but grittier and required dice (Actually found
Creature of Havoc and Deathtrap Dungeon in excellent condition at the bookstore I obsessively haunt....and nearly wept.).

At the same time I was playing DnD/ADnD,
(Just finished a 5thEdition campaign that involved a party of nine. )Top Secret, and over the years moved on to Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse. Shadowrun.

Started watching Robotech and eventually discovered manga and my tastes range from Gantz, Berserk to Holy Land and Ghost In The Shell...but was always a DC/Vertigo/Image/Fantagraphics guy particularly anything by Garth Ennis, Neil Gaiman. I always been down with Avatar Press.

Love reading books and lore Warhammer, and particularly Warhammer 40k, and am a junkie for a good fantasy, sci fi or grimdark series, right now I'm in the middle of R. Scott Bakker's (Canadian content FTW!) Prince of Nothing/The Aspect Emperor series. I've probably read more books than I've had meals.aspect.jpg

My video game habit kicked into high gear when i played XCom Terror from the Deep and a lot of the grey hairs I'm starting to get came from the Xcom DLC.

When i heard and saw the development for the upcoming Project Phoenix I was like:
tenor (11).gif

And the progress on Star Citizen got me like

I like particle Physics, does this count? lol. But no, I am good with girls, got good grades and am foreign. Come at me, bros.

200w.gif

....I believe that your foreign every thing else you stated...well lets jus say

200w.gif

That game seemed prohibitively expensive to me.

A friend of mine was really into it, but it was more than just a game for him, his hobby was detailing models. It was art.

I was already spending too much money on other games.

as much as I love Zer (no ro) I almost PM'd him some malware because of his affinity for fortymeh

Last edited:
Back