Who is the Best Body Puncher Right Now?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I like Gassiev as he has really powerful punches, but I think someone like Spence Jr or even Crawford does it a bit better, and more technical.

However, I think Lomachenko is a really underrated body snatcher. He has a really nice constant attack and never forgets about it.

Usyk also has a very nice body attack. Both Loma and Usyk have a high-output style that works especially well with body punching.

Thoughts? Inoue has some nice body work too.

Canelo Álvarez.

Gassiev had no game to slow down Usyk.
Spence Jr. was helped by GGG in ruining Brook’s or orbital bones...
Crawford... well Indongo was no threat nor Felix Diaz, all whom are physically smaller than TC.
Linares been through too many wars, though Loma had a great shot...

With all that being said, Canelo had elite level shots to chop down the boogie man at 160 whom was also bigger than him...

Spence, Canelo, Inoue, Lomachenko, and Benavidez are good examples. I like Josh Taylor's commitment to the body.

Spence, Canelo, Inoue, Lomachenko, and Benavidez are good examples. I like Josh Taylor's commitment to the body.

Too bad Keith Thurman just wasn't in the game now. Always thought Keith had a nice bag of tricks chopping the body! We know Garcia and Porter felt those! Damn it sucks Keith had injuries...

I'd throw Sor Rungvisai in there. I think Lampley cited a compubox stat that SSR had the highest proportion of body punches of fighter on compubox. Not sure if it's accurate or not, but he does good body work.

Inoue and Ioka attack the body a lot too, though in different ways.

Jerwin has a nice body attack too, though it's a bit predictable at times.

Spence against the limited opposition he's fought so far.

latest

I'd throw Sor Rungvisai in there. I think Lampley cited a compubox stat that SSR had the highest proportion of body punches of fighter on compubox. Not sure if it's accurate or not, but he does good body work.

Inoue and Ioka attack the body a lot too, though in different ways.

Jerwin has a nice body attack too, though it's a bit predictable at times.
I can confirm that what Lampley said was accurate (body shots landed per round).
Sor Rungvisai lands 8 body shots per round- #1 among active fighters
BODY LANDED PCT. LEADERS - ACTIVE FIGHTERS
BODY LANDED PCT.
JOSEPH PARKER 39.6%
DANNY GARCIA 38.3%
SOR RUNGVISAI 36.9%
ADONIS STEVENSON 35.4%
JORGE LINARES 35.4%
CompuBox: Inside The Numbers - The Body Shot Report

Last edited:
Sor, Canelo, Spence, Loma, Usyk.

In that order.

(Its a shame Wilder and AJ dont go downstairs more often.)

Lol looks like 2 middleschoolers searching the internet together and one just opened up a page with boobies
That's exactly what I thought. Is Loma looking at pron and laughing? Seems like he could be. Both look absolutely ridiculous lol. I would be confident I could kick both of their asses if I didn't know who they were.

Usyk is legitimately terrifying lol.

He looks like the kind of guy who would tie you up and then say he's "gonna make you squeal like a pig, boy."

(Its a shame Wilder and AJ dont go downstairs more often.)
Jermall is another guy I'm actually going to accuse of mild headhunting. Not like AJ or Wilder, but I feel like once Jermall gets his target going, he just forgets the body.

Ken Shiro is another guy like that, though he's recently moved towards more body attacks.

Back