who is the better boxer out whittaker, gastelum and garbrandt

shercatdog

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMO I think they have the best boxing out of the UFC.

Can you analyze their boxing in MMA context?

All three of these guys uses punches way more than knees, kicks, elbows.

Last edited:
Cody since he actually uses boxing foot work and defense.

I think Cody is the only one out of the 3 with actual pro boxing experience?

Out of those three
Cody>Whitaker>gastelum

I wouldn't put gastelum on the list of best boxers personally but he does have solid boxing

Out of those three
Cody>Whitaker>gastelum

I wouldn't put gastelum on the list of best boxers personally but he does have solid boxing
gas is def up there, hes got good hands and puts together solid, fluid combinations.

gas is def up there, hes got good hands and puts together solid, fluid combinations.
I guess I came off harder on him than I meant, he does have really good boxing. I just think his pressure is more of an asset with his striking

Hard to tell, all 3 are very good. I feel Gastelum is pretty solid & the less sloppier out of the 3. If I had to choose, I pick Gastelum.

he has a left hand and shit defense
Right hand and I think he is a bit overrated it's his speed that separates him from the others but he had power because he knows proper punching technique

Whittaker mixes his boxing with karate so you can't really judge him in terms of pure boxing.

They all have different styles, Whittaker actually uses a jab, Gastelum likes to pressure and walk you down, Garbrandt swings and counters with the same 3-2 in the hope of landing a ko. All 3 are good, but I go with Garbrandt then Whittaker. Masvidal is up there too.

Right hand and I think he is a bit overrated it's his speed that separates him from the others but he had power because he knows proper punching technique
y'alls damn Conor related nickname always screw me up. But yeah he does have proper punching technique, footwork, and good power.

Back