• Julia Roberts

• Angelina Jolie

• Reese Witherspoon

• Sigourney Weaver

• Michelle Pfeiffer

• Nicole Kidman

• Jamie Lee Curtis

Results are only viewable after voting.
I feel like Julia Roberts is just an enormously huge star. Dunno, maybe i'm wrong, just seems to me like she's a household name in every country on Earth. Maybe the same can be said for some of the others too. Something about her though, it just seems like she rules the division.

I feel like Julia Roberts is just an enormously huge star. Dunno, maybe i'm wrong, just seems to me like she's a household name in every country on Earth. Maybe the same can be said for some of the others too. Something about her though, it just seems like she rules the division.

She's definitely a huge star. I wish she had more significant recent work.

August: Osage County was good.

No 1 female stands out for the 30 year period for me.

80's - Meryl Streep

90's - Julia Roberts

00's - Angelina Jolie

Beyond - Scarlett Johansson

Just no clear dominating female over that time period, that encapsulates the charisma, icon status and critical and financial success.

I guess it just goes to show MEN >>>>>>> WOMEN.

Anyone who doesn't pick
Scarlett Johansson

is gay

Streep and it shouldnt be close. The woman has been nominated for an academy award every couple of years since 1978 or something.

Probably a tie between Weaver and Theron for me. Two bad bitches who can play alot of different roles

First vote for Scarlett here! Following reasons.

1. Sheer volume. Pumps out a ton of movies mostly big budget as well.
2. Pretty good draw. Ghost in the Shell was gonna tank no matter what.
3. Did some indie type and dramatic stuff. Didn't require a lot of range but can act like a real person if that makes sense.
4. Old enough where age could've slowed her choice of roles but hasn't as it does with a lot of actresses. Time is not kind to Hollywood females.
5. Has a franchise character under her belt.
6. Stunningly gorgeous.
7. Can readily name a lot of non-Marvel movies she's been in, even if crappy. Try it with some of the others like Bullock, Kidman, or even Julia Roberts. I'm lucky to name three each.
8. This is a poll for movie star.

That's really been the reason why her career has taken off so much this decade, after her breakthough films in 2003 Hollywood tried to force her down the typical romcom route that she always came across as rather too intense for IMHO. The Woody Allen films were better(especially Vicki, Christina, Barca) but again she was generally just used as a sexy girl in them.

Playing slight oddball intense/stoic as she did very early in stuff like Under the Skin, Her, Lucy, Ghost in the Shell and of course Marvel suits her much better if you ask me. I mean its not a massive range but then again someone like De Niro didn't really have a massive range either and it was rarely brought up as a negative.

You could argue that Portman had the same kind of issues, only really hitting her stride after Black Swan.

I'm having trouble fathoming how Daniel Day-Lewis and Meryl Streep are being picked in polls where "MOVIE STAR" is deliberately capitalized.

This ain't an acting poll, folks.

Silvia_Saint_DSC_1402.JPG

Bladerunner is my fav movie, so I‘m hyped. Yeah. The recent trailer was a bit too bright for my taste and not rainy enough. But who am I to tell them how the new movie should look.

I‘ll just embrace it and try to not compare it to the original too much.

I have to admit I didn’t watch the recent Alien. Is it good?

I figure were going to get a complete different blade runner but enough nostalgia to enjoy it. I would meh normally with a sequel and new director but I love this new director. everything ive seen by him has been gold.

The new alien has some aspects that are cool but ultimately I thought it was a shit movie that provided more questions than answers. To many plot holes with shitty characters. IMO the worst movie story wise

This won't even be a topic if we judge accolades as Streep just straight up owns everyone in that category as she almost gets nominated for an Oscar every few years. Scar-Jo on the other hand, is much more box office. Portman is a personal favourite of mine since The Professional, and I really liked V for Vendetta and Black swan.

Streep and it shouldnt be close. The woman has been nominated for an academy award every couple of years since 1978 or something.

Yes, but as we've discussed, it's about more than just acting talent and critical recognition.

. . . someone like De Niro didn't really have a massive range either and it was rarely brought up as a negative.

I think De Niro has demonstrated his range when he's given a chance to. That's been happening more lately than it did early in his career.

Compare De Niro in films like Taxi Driver and Goodfellas to his hilarious turn as a gay pirate in Stardust or his role as the concerned father in Silver Linings Playbook.

People who voted for Meryl Streep don't really understand the question

Back