Who is the guy coaching

MysticCam

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm a big Gaethje fan but who the fook is the guy coaching against him??

He done anything relevant or fought anyone good?

His name is Alvarez, and Nope, everyone he has fought has been garbage and racist

His name is Julio Iglesias.

Opposite Justin Gaethje would be the #3 Ranked Lightweight in the world, and former Lightweight Champion before losing his title to Conor McGregor on November 12th, 2016. Eddie Alvarez in my opinion is a top Lightweight contender despite his UFC resume until late. He's got good wrestling pretty good in the stand up, and he's got bombs.

If you really wanna know, it's a read, I'll try to make it enjoyable.

Upon joining the UFC he would go against former Lightweight Donald Cerrone and would lose a decision. Making him 0-1 in the UFC. His second fight would be against Gilbert Melendez a former lightweight champion, the fight would result in a split decision victory for Eddie, and despite the controversy, I personally feel he did enough to win, and getting a Split Decision against a former champ isn't a bad thing, you can't KO them all. That would bring his run in the UFC to 1-1, his third fight would be against another former champion in the Lightweight divison in Anthony Pettis, who he would grind it out to another Split Decision victory, Eddie Alvarez would be 2-1.

His next fight luckily for him would be a Lightweight Championship bout against the reigning champion Rafael Dos Anjos, who before facing Eddie Alvarez was on a 5 fight win streak. That fight for the most part was very close, and Rafael the champ looked to be getting the better of some of the exchanges with his more crisp striking. Neither could take each other to the floor, and it would seem this fight could go the distance, it was until a minute and a half in Eddie Alvarez would catch Rafael with a right hook dazing him, from there on out, Eddie would swarm the champ with unrelenting pressure and an interesting choice of shots. Rafael Dos Anjos would try to create some space and catch his barring's, Eddie Alvarez had none of that and ran up to him and knocked him out cold with a flying knee. Unable to properly capitalize, Dos Anjos heart would pull through and he would be woken up mid mount attempt, and would continue to try to tough it out until the round was over. The fight would be brought back to the feet as it was apparent a rocked Dos Anjos wouldn't let him keep him on the ground, a couple of exchanges and dirty boxing uppercuts from Alvarez, Eddie would put away the champ on the feet with a barrage of uppercuts and hooks. Eddie Alvarez would become the new Lightweight Champion.

His first attempt at a defense as Champion would be against, Featherweight Champion The Notorious Conor McGregor in a historic event as the Notorious Conor McGregor would attempt to be the first fighter to hold two belts in two weight divisions. Eddie Alvarez thought it would be an easy fight, as did they all, and got murked.

Coming off of his loss against Conor McGregor, Eddie Alvarez would go against #10 ranked Lightweight and former Featherweight, Dustin Poirier on the undercard of UFC 211. It was a war and there are mixed feelings about the fight, but Eddie in this fight would show his tremendous heart as he would take the fight to and eventually floor Dustin after getting rocked and being drunk for a good minute. The fight would be ruled a NC because of the knee rule which is just...whatever, but if we are going by pride rules, Eddie most certainly won.

That's about as detailed as I can get about the UFC run of Eddie Alvarez so far, I tried to make it sound interesting if you don't wanna look any of this stuff up.

Last edited:
I was thinking completely otherwise...

Opposite Justin Gaethje would be the #3 Ranked Lightweight in the world, and former Lightweight Champion before losing his title to Conor McGregor on November 12th, 2016. Eddie Alvarez in my opinion is a top Lightweight contender despite his UFC resume until late. He's got good wrestling pretty good in the stand up, and he's got bombs.

If you really wanna know, it's a read, I'll try to make it enjoyable.

Upon joining the UFC he would go against former Lightweight Donald Cerrone and would lose a decision. Making him 0-1 in the UFC. His second fight would be against Gilbert Melendez a former lightweight champion, the fight would result in a split decision victory for Eddie, and despite the controversy, I personally feel he did enough to win, and getting a Split Decision against a former champ isn't a bad thing, you can't KO them all. That would bring his run in the UFC to 1-1, his third fight would be against another former champion in the Lightweight divison in Anthony Pettis, who he would grind it out to another Split Decision victory, Eddie Alvarez would be 2-1.

His next fight luckily for him would be a Lightweight Championship bout against the reigning champion Rafael Dos Anjos, who before facing Eddie Alvarez was on a 5 fight win streak. That fight for the most part was very close, and Rafael the champ looked to be getting the better of some of the exchanges with his more crisp striking. Neither could take each other to the floor, and it would seem this fight could go the distance, it was until a minute and a half in Eddie Alvarez would catch Rafael with a right hook dazing him, from there on out, Eddie would swarm the champ with unrelenting pressure and an interesting choice of shots. Rafael Dos Anjos would try to create some space and catch his barring's, Eddie Alvarez had none of that and ran up to him and knocked him out cold with a flying knee. Unable to properly capitalize, Dos Anjos heart would pull through and he would be woken up mid mount attempt, and would continue to try to tough it out until the round was over. The fight would be brought back to the feet as it was apparent a rocked Dos Anjos wouldn't let him keep him on the ground, a couple of exchanges and dirty boxing uppercuts from Alvarez, Eddie would put away the champ on the feet with a barrage of uppercuts and hooks. Eddie Alvarez would become the new Lightweight Champion.

His first attempt at a defense as Champion would be against, Featherweight Champion The Notorious Conor McGregor in a historic event as the Notorious Conor McGregor would attempt to be the first fighter to hold two belts in two weight divisions. Eddie Alvarez thought it would be an easy fight, as did they all, and got murked.

Coming off of his loss against Conor McGregor, Eddie Alvarez would go against #10 ranked Lightweight and former Featherweight, Dustin Poirier on the undercard of UFC 211. It was a war and there are mixed feelings about the fight, but Eddie in this fight would show his tremendous heart as he would take the fight to and eventually floor Dustin after getting rocked and being drunk for a good minute. The fight would be ruled a NC because of the knee rule which is just...whatever, but if we are going by pride rules, Eddie most certainly won.

That's about as detailed as I can get about the UFC run of Eddie Alvarez so far, I tried to make it sound interesting if you don't wanna look any of this stuff up.

Holy shit you out trolled my troll post

Legit impressed

I'm a big Gaethje fan but who the fook is the guy coaching against him??

He done anything relevant or fought anyone good?
How cute, a McGregor nutthugger.
Funny, you have the same join date as UFC 196. Became a fan then? Ooohh? That's when ya boo lost.

Back