Who is the UFC Featherweight GOAT?

Who is the UFC Featherweight GOAT?

• Total voters
It isn't even the right time to compare Max to Jose, Jose has had his run, beaten those that were there and is now in the twilight of his career. Max is still in his run and only when that has finished can we properly compare. Right now, Jose has done more. Max may beat that one day but hasn't yet

How can anyone honestly vote Aldo over Max? Aldo is only 32 and he got run through by Holloway twice and merk'd by Conor. Meanwhile, a 20 year old Holloway went three rounds with Conor in a fairly close decision, and has been dominating a long the same caliber fighters as Aldo was....
Only 32? Aldo has been fighting since he was 17 and is still a top 3 FW.

Let's see how good Max will be after 15 years of fighting?

Aldo has also beaten far more ranked opponents and has far more title defenses. Max is great but Aldo still GOAT

1414123247-tumblr_ndrx26BrxN1r4c1k8o4_500.jpg

I don’t disagree. Cases can be made for any of them. I went with Conor tho. He beat both.

A) Jose Aldo (7 title defenses)
B) Max Holloway (2 title defenses, def. Aldo twice*)
C) Conor McGregor (0 title defenses, def. Aldo** & Holloway***)

*TKOs
**KO

Max Holloway Still Believes Jose Aldo Is Greatest Featherweight Of All Time

Holloway has been showered with praise for his performance. Some including UFC color commentator Joe Rogan have gone as far as to call Holloway the greatest featherweight of all time with just two title defenses. During the UFC 231 post-fight press conference, “Blessed” disagreed with those who already put him on that pedestal:

“I’ve got to just keep winning, keep doing my job and keep winning fights and let you guys keep talking about it. Personally, for me, I think Jose still is. I’m chasing him. He set the bar, and I’m still chasing that bar, and I’ve got to break it. People are saying this is a new era. I guess I’m setting the bar for the new era. When ‘The Blessed Era’ is here, ‘The Blessed Era’ is going to be in full effect. I still believe the greatest featherweight of all time is Jose Aldo. When I’m 30 or 31 or his age then you ask me if I’m the greatest featherweight of all-time if I’m still here.”

Who do you think is the greatest UFC featherweight champion of all time?

https://www.mmanews.com/holloway-aldo-goat/

This Just In:

Conor McGregor reminds Max Holloway who the real featherweight king is
013_Conor_Mcgregor_and_Max_Holloway.0.jpg

. . .
Then there’s Dillon Danis, who wants to make sure you don’t forget his BFF Conor McGregor when talking about legendary featherweights.

"They do Conor dirty by saying max is the best FW ever... Conor is, he beat porier, aldo, mendez AND max and more."

Yes, McGregor does hold a win over Max Holloway: a dominating 2013 decision that saw “Notorious” blank “Blessed” on the scorecards 30-27, 30-27, 30-26. On the plus side, Max holds the distinction of being the first opponent Conor beat that survived until the final bell.

And really, how relevant is that loss in the current scheme of things? The Holloway we saw at UFC 231 is clearly light years ahead of the Holloway McGregor faced five years ago. Max hasn’t lost a fight since, and has developed into a volume striker so prodigious that he just broke the record for most significant strikes landed in UFC history (1627). His fight with Ortega pushed him past Frankie Edgar (1463) and former record holder Michael Bisping (1567), who built his numbers up over 11 years and 29 fights. Meanwhile, Holloway got there with 19 fights in 6 years ... and he’s only 27 years old!

. . .

Here’s a crazy thought: why not run it back? McGregor’s claim to the title of world’s greatest 145er is tenuous at best because he didn’t stick around and defend the belt. But putting the stamp on Prime Holloway would re-establish McGregor as de facto king of the featherweights. An absentee king, for sure ... but one who just proved he’s capable of returning at any time to crush whatever pretender he finds on his throne.

It’d be a wild fight for sure, but who knows what kind of head space McGregor is in these days?
. . .

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/12/10...x-holloway-who-the-real-featherweight-king-is

it simple if it wasnt for aldo there is no max.

it ok for max to be the 2nd goat.

if max stays at 145 and put on a defence streak liek aldo im than willing to listen to who the goat.

I reckon max fucks up aldo at any point of aldos career and even though his win streak is less he has better wins. Max is the best.

Aldo is still the GOAT. Here are the biggest wins on their record using Jeremy Stephens as the lowest level win.

Aldo: Mendes 2x, Edgar 2x, Faber, KZ, Cub, Brown, Florian, Lamas, Stephens

Max: Aldo 2x, Pettis, Cub, Ortega, Lamas, Stephens.

Max still has some work to do to overtake him.

the other problem is max isnt the champ as long as aldo was. so if max in my opition can put on a defence streak close to aldo than i listen as to who the goat is.

it ok for max to be the 2nd goat at 145.

How can anyone honestly vote Aldo over Max? Aldo is only 32 and he got run through by Holloway twice and merk'd by Conor. Meanwhile, a 20 year old Holloway went three rounds with Conor in a fairly close decision, and has been dominating a long the same caliber fighters as Aldo was....

easy with out aldo there is no max. if max defences the belt 5 more times then im willin to listen.

You can't say "to be the best you have to beat the best," and then ignore a finish, executed quickly, early in round 1. Moreover, Conor destroyed "the best" when he was at his best (Prime Aldo).

The onus is on Aldo and Holloway to prove they are greater than Conor. Holloway's win over The Punching Bag Ortega does nothing to help his argument. Aldo's last win doesn't help his case either.

Conor is the FW GOAT until he is beaten by Aldo or Holloway. Twice.

You can't say "to be the best you have to beat the best," and then ignore a finish, executed quickly, early in round 1. Moreover, Conor destroyed "the best" when he was at his best (Prime Aldo).

The onus is on Aldo and Holloway to prove they are greater than Conor. Holloway's win over The Punching Bag Ortega does nothing to help his argument. Aldo's last win doesn't help his case either.

Conor is the FW GOAT until he is beaten by Aldo or Holloway. Twice.

Can't you see how dumb your argument is? Did Weidman become the MW GOAT when he beat Anderson Silva?
Cejudo is the FLW GOAT?

...Conor McGregor because he defeated the next best two Aldo and Holloway.

He also played a pivotal role in the expansion and sale of the UFC because of his featherweight presence. And all of this at a time when featherweights hardly headlined.

Eh there is a case for mcgoober but he never defended or going to make that weight again. I am pretty sure with someone with a few more defenses and also scalping aldo and chad will take over mcgregor.

Back