Who is your favorite Tough Chick in film history?

64C4A842-7738-4215-8880-13925C34A445.jpeg Short round in temple of doom was more bad ass than this garbage.

giphy.gif

View attachment 471513 I also remember Lena Olin being a fantastic Femme Fatale in Romeo is Bleeding. Although I haven’t seen the movie since it was released, I wonder if it holds up. I just remember having watched it saying “Shit, that’s a bad bitch right there.”

Oh man, great choice.

This is my pick for badass chick villain, for sure.

And I’ve seen it a bunch of times, including rewatching it recently, Romeo Is Bleeding definitely holds up. Gary Oldman chews up the entire scenery, amazing performances by Annabella Sciorra & Michael Wincott, & Lena Olin is a goddamn revelation.

You get a 4-Mir salute for this one good sir

<5><5><5><5>

Anne Hathaway as Pussy Woman, I mean Catwoman. If I were a movie exec, I'd create a super hero called Nude Woman for her to star as.

Uma from Kill Bill.

We're way past the level of establishing that people respond to cinema, my dude -- I'm talking about how people respond to film, and how their response informs them of themselves not the film. How their verbal feedback makes no difference to the direction of cinema in the least, and that it's not just a waste of time but moreover a humiliating representation of oneself. People laugh at people who are proud of being so ugly.

My point is this: trying to politicize gender representation doesn't work on any level other than dollars, which isn't to say anything about financial success.

Originally I was speaking only toward story, affirming that yes it was the verisimilitude of being a woman that propels Ripley into GOAT status of Character.

Persona02.png

Ah its you Mariah, I thought I smelt the whiff of faux intellectualism.

What people take from cinema can obviously be reflective of their existing views but I think you can also obviously look to make definitive statements about a films intensions as well. Something such as Aliens clearly makes comment on the evils of corporate greed and the strength of maternal instinct.

Peoples "verbal feedback" of cinema is reflective of their opinions towards it which is also reflective of their consumption of it which in turn obviously does have an effect on cinema as an industry.

Last edited:
Ah its you Mariah, I thought I smelt the whiff of faux intellectualism.
SMELL YOURSELF, WILL.

Seriously how many of your posts start with the word "again?" I counted "yet" about three times in a single sentence once.

SMELL YOURSELF, WILL.

You might not agree with them but I would say my arguments are honestly made with the intension of being understood as easily as possible, I don't think there are any great appeals to intellectual authority within them or deliberate attempts to be obtuse as is the case with your last couple of posts.

As I'v said before I don't think your here for any kind of honest conversation but rather for a bit of disingenuous trolling.

Last edited:
Ellen Page in hard candy...

Cot damn I couldn't stand her. I was actually rooting for the pedo to break free and slap the shit outta her

Major Kusanagi was gonna be my choice though

ac2eaa8c06712db692ecb071b8b6ebcf.gif

That's another way of saying "again" right?

I long for the moments where I am wrong about you. They do happen occasionally, thank god.

I would say my use of "again" in any conservation with you is mostly the result of you falling back to the same arguments repeatedly but "again" what is that comment but an attempt at flexing your grammatical superiority in a forum of casual conservation? I said in that thread a few months ago though I don't see the point of carrying on any debate with you as its almost always disingenuous trolling. I might not agree with everyone here but I hope I give them the respect of honest conservation.

Quite frankly I care very little for your opinion of me.

Last edited:
How about Laurie dragging the axe screaming for Michael

When the score kicks in after the first scream is so badass

Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat.

Bridgette Wilson. Hnnngg..

tumblr_onroyflVSY1qdhps7o5_r1_250.gif

Back