Who ranks higher than RJJ P4P?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I hear people say a prime Roy Jones Jr. was the GOAT P4P. Who do you think ranks higher than him P4P?

How about SRR? Startedas an amateur with crazy winstreak at fw and lw. Should have been the champ at lw (and did beat the champ in a non-title fight there). Clear WW domination, amazing MW wins even when post-prime. Extremely close to become lhw champ.

Money May.
Nah I can't rate May higher than RJJ Prime. RJJ made everyone look ordinary compared to him, whilst May had some close fights. You can't be P4P GOAT with close fights when you are comparing to someone like RJJ who embarrassed other great fighters.

Nah I can't rate May higher than RJJ Prime. RJJ made everyone look ordinary compared to him, whilst May had some close fights. You can't be P4P GOAT with close fights when you are comparing to someone like RJJ who embarrassed other great fighters.
I kinda agree, the HLs make Roy look like god, but then I think, "which fighter did RJJ make look ordinary that was better than making Pacquiao look ordinary?"

Which fighter took losses and got knocked down by Lou Del Valle?

They rate about the same, if anything May higher.

How about SRR? Startedas an amateur with crazy winstreak at fw and lw. Should have been the champ at lw (and did beat the champ in a non-title fight there). Clear WW domination, amazing MW wins even when post-prime. Extremely close to become lhw champ.

Even more impressive when you remember that Robinson fought during a time when there were only 8 weight classes, and only one world title.

Can we not have threads discussing Mayweather vs Jones vs Robinson p4p anymore?

May is undefeated... and continued to be so well out his prime...

I kinda agree, the HLs make Roy look like god, but then I think, "which fighter did RJJ make look ordinary that was better than making Pacquiao look ordinary?"

Which fighter took losses and got knocked down by Lou Del Valle?

They rate about the same, if anything May higher.
The OP made it clear in his first post that he is talking about PRIME RJJ not the one who get sparked out loads of times. As for who he beat well Hopkins and Toney were great wins. And Pac looked ordinary you could say because he was on the slide. I mean is Horn a P4P god because he beat an over the hill Pac?

May is undefeated... and continued to be so well out his prime...
Again I point you to the OP's first post, PRIME RJJ. That's what we are comparing. And no one got close to beating RJJ in his prime.

Again I point you to the OP's first post, PRIME RJJ. That's what we are comparing. And no one got close to beating RJJ in his prime.
A fighter always seems to be out his prime when he gets beat. RJJ was 34 when he got TKO in the second round against Tarver. Meanwhile Mayweather at 38 beat Manny who was not only an elite fighter but regarded by many as able to beat Floyd.

A fighter always seems to be out his prime when he gets beat. RJJ was 34 when he got TKO in the second round against Tarver. Meanwhile Mayweather at 38 beat Manny who was not only an elite fighter but regarded by many as able to beat Floyd.
RJJ was already over the hill by then. After going up to beat Ruiz at HW he was past it. So Mayweather had a longer career, but that's not to say he could compare to a PRIME RJJ. Peak vs. Peak that's what it's about. Some guys have longer peaks. May beat Manny who many said was clearly past his best. And as a fighter (like Roy) who relied more on his athletic abilities Pac was weakened more by being past his prime than someone like Mayweather who clearly adapted his boxing very well to being past his athletic prime. The fact is Mayweather had much closer fights in his prime than Roy did.

I'd pick the dude that made James Toney look like a cab driver that night against anyone in history.

Paulie Mallignangnagnagi

I hear people say a prime Roy Jones Jr. was the GOAT P4P. Who do you think ranks higher than him P4P?

image.jpeg
Old Testament God

image.jpeg
Vishnu

image.jpeg
The AllFather - Odin

image.jpeg
Galactus

image.jpeg
Unicron

image.jpeg
The Greatest