Who ranks higher than RJJ P4P?

RJJ is the most skilled boxer I've ever seen. But in terms of accomplishments, he's barely top 50 all-time.

Joe Louis was the linneal heavyweight champion for 11 years. Not to beliitle Roy but there are boxers much more accomplished.

RJJ is the most skilled boxer I've ever seen. But in terms of accomplishments, he's barely top 50 all-time.

Definitely. There are two main ways to look at P4P which is either you ONLY look at accomplishments, where RJJ would rank fairly low OR you rate on perceived ability, clearly on perceived ability prime RJJ looks unbeatable. But sometimes you get people rating them on both criteria.

Definitely. There are two main ways to look at P4P which is either you ONLY look at accomplishments, where RJJ would rank fairly low OR you rate on perceived ability, clearly on perceived ability prime RJJ looks unbeatable. But sometimes you get people rating them on both criteria.

Why would he rank low in accomplishments? He won titles from MW to HW.

And only the 2nd man in history to do that.
It's just people shitting on Roy because of his bad losses at the end of his career.
He was unbeatable in his prime and that is the criteria when a p4p ranking iss considered. All the publications ranked him p4p #1 ahead of SRR during his run...

But who did he beat? The only two great names on his resume are Hopkins and Toney. That's it. I think he's one of the greatest fighters to ever walk the planet but lets not pretend he has an amazing record.

And only the 2nd man in history to do that.
It's just people shitting on Roy because of his bad losses at the end of his career.
He was unbeatable in his prime and that is the criteria when a p4p ranking iss considered. All the publications ranked him p4p #1 ahead of SRR during his run...
I'm not shitting on Roy because of his losses, I never mentioned his losses. I'm talking about him in his prime and the fact is the only two great names are Hopkins and Toney.

I'm not shitting on Roy because of his losses, I never mentioned his losses. I'm talking about him in his prime and the fact is the only two great names are Hopkins and Toney.
And he beat them both...whats the problem? Is there a number threshhold of ATGs a guy has to beat to be more respected?
Dont act like the manner in which he beat those guys and the rest during his prime has no significance. Find me 2 other guys in history whose domination of world class competition was as swift and visually impressive as Roy Jones Jr.'s.

And he beat them both...whats the problem? Is there a number threshhold of ATGs a guy has to beat to be more respected?
Dont act like the manner in which he beat those guys and the rest during his prime has no significance. Find me 2 other guys in history whose domination of world class competition was as swift and visually impressive as Roy Jones Jr.'s.
But that's it, he only beat two names. Beat them well but you could say that Hopkins was still a neophyte when he fought Roy.

You want two names:

Floyd for a start, beat JMM, made it look easy, beat Canelo, made it look easy. Beat Pacman, made it look easy. Also beat Cotto, made it look easy. Beat DLH, made it look easy. That's five names alone. That's without mentioning Conor.

SRL. Beat Benitez. Beat Duran, second time, made it look easy. Beat him again. Beat Hearns. Beat Hagler. You just can't compare RJJ's resume.

And you asked if there is a threshold for someone to be considered an ATG, I would say more than two if we are going on accomplishments. Especially when compared to guys like PBF and SRL who have almost half a dozen big names on their record. Don't get me wrong on Prime RJJ I think he is the best P4P EVER BUT not on acheivements, on perceived ability. There is a difference.

Last edited:
But that's it, he only beat two names. Beat them well but you could say that Hopkins was still a neophyte when he fought Roy.

You want two names:

Floyd for a start, beat JMM, made it look easy, beat Canelo, made it look easy. Beat Pacman, made it look easy. Also beat Cotto, made it look easy. Beat DLH, made it look easy. That's five names alone. That's without mentioning Conor.

SRL. Beat Benitez. Beat Duran, second time, made it look easy. Beat him again. Beat Hearns. Beat Hagler. You just can't compare RJJ's resume.

And you asked if there is a threshold for someone to be considered an ATG, I would say more than two if we are going on accomplishments. Especially when compared to guys like PBF and SRL who have almost half a dozen big names on their record. Don't get me wrong on Prime RJJ I think he is the best P4P EVER BUT not on acheivements, on perceived ability. There is a difference.
But this thread was never about accomplishments, it is P4P, which means straight-up eye test who could fuck with the guy? People always want to mesh the two issues. Make everyone all the same weight and prime abilities and performance level in their respective careers, do you really think Floyd Mayweather would beat Roy? Or ODLH, or SRL? This thread is about THAT.

Where’s Optimus prime?
you ever heard of unicron? Unicron does MMA bruh, none of that pussy boxing shit. Prime would get taken down and tapped out in under a minute like a bitch.

But this thread was never about accomplishments, it is P4P, which means straight-up eye test who could fuck with the guy? People always want to mesh the two issues. Make everyone all the same weight and prime abilities and performance level in their respective careers, do you really think Floyd Mayweather would beat Roy? Or ODLH, or SRL? This thread is about THAT.
I'm not arguing about PRIME RJJ as I fully support the idea that he is P4P GOAT, however I was responding to a direct question that asked why RJJ's accomplishments would rank as low. And I was just being honest and saying why people rate his accomplishments as not that great. That doesn't change my view on Roy because I still consider him P4P GOAT.

Last edited:
Money May.

money may?!? what!?!? cause he is 50-0??? lets be real here for a sec ok.. i am a white dude so i say this with the utmost respect.. please go and look at floyds resume.. he never put himself at risk!!! PLEASE TELL ME 1 undefeated, young, hungry, up and coming, black guy that floyd fought?!?

floyd will NEVER get my respect as being a top 5 maybe top 10 fighter of all time. he NEVER put himself at risk.

Now i give floyd all the credit in the world. he made a sht ton of money by carefully selecting his opponents in route to 50-0. id have sooo much more respect for him if he would have challenged himself a few times.

money may?!? what!?!? cause he is 50-0??? lets be real here for a sec ok.. i am a white dude so i say this with the utmost respect.. please go and look at floyds resume.. he never put himself at risk!!! PLEASE TELL ME 1 undefeated, young, hungry, up and coming, black guy that floyd fought?!?

floyd will NEVER get my respect as being a top 5 maybe top 10 fighter of all time. he NEVER put himself at risk.

Now i give floyd all the credit in the world. he made a sht ton of money by carefully selecting his opponents in route to 50-0. id have sooo much more respect for him if he would have challenged himself a few times.

Where would you rank Floyd if he fought and beat prime Pacquiao, prime Cotto, Hatton and Tszyu at 140, Bradley, Canelo without a catchweight, and Mosley at lightweight? Top 25?

People seem to think Floyd never gets old, guy is ages with Pacman and made him look ordinary... and Pac is one of my fav fighters. Many said pac would beat him so this was high risk. Guy fought Judah when Judah had only 2 defeats and was regarded as one of the best in the division. He fought an over the hill Oscar but Oscar was only 34 at that time... Again people seem to think Floyd has been at his peak all his career. I don’t see why he has to fight black fighters to be rated. He fought the best around. Guy made Canelo, a much younger and skilled fighter, look ordinary as well. He is certainly in the discussion for being number 1 pound for pound and I would see him ahead of RJJ for sure.

People seem to think Floyd never gets old, guy is ages with Pacman and made him look ordinary... and Pac is one of my fav fighters. Many said pac would beat him so this was high risk. Guy fought Judah when Judah had only 2 defeats and was regarded as one of the best in the division. He fought an over the hill Oscar but Oscar was only 34 at that time... Again people seem to think Floyd has been at his peak all his career. I don’t see why he has to fight black fighters to be rated. He fought the best around. Guy made Canelo, a much younger and skilled fighter, look ordinary as well. He is certainly in the discussion for being number 1 pound for pound and I would see him ahead of RJJ for sure.

i dont want to make it sound like im shittin on floyd, im just saying the man did not take risks man!! he used boxing he didnt let boxing use him. u wanna say judah ok fine he did have 2 losses tho. u can call me out of my mind but i scored the fight for pacman even with his injured shoulder. im just saying the guy never fought an undefeated young hungry black fighter. his risk were well calculated.. but do u think its an accident that u dont see not one of those fighters on his entire resume? floyd was brilliant i have him in my top 15 just wish he took some risks is all.

Where would you rank Floyd if he fought and beat prime Pacquiao, prime Cotto, Hatton and Tszyu at 140, Bradley, Canelo without a catchweight, and Mosley at lightweight? Top 25?

thats an awful lot to say. u can laugh at me but i scored pac floyd for pacman..so i do not believe floyd beats a prime pacman either.. i also think a prime mosely beats him, look at the 2nd round of that fight, a prime mosely wouldve got the knock out there. i would have floyd beating the rest tho and i have floyd in my top 15. just wish he took more risks is all.

Name ONE fighter that has beat better competition then Floyd in the last 20 years

Back