Who remembers this song?

G

Guestx

I was sitting in Subway today and heard this song come on and was like, holy shit, I remember this song being big in the 90s but completely fucking forgot about it.

The funny thing is, I remember the song well, but definitely don't remember the name Paula Cole. I'm assuming she was a one-hit-wonder.

Great song. I'd never heard it before. Guess it didn't get any airplay where I was.

Yes, I remember that song. I liked it. She also did the song "I Don't Want to Wait" which became the theme song for Dawson's Creek.

Yes, I remember that song. I liked it. She also did the song "I Don't Want to Wait" which became the theme song for Dawson's Creek.

I don't recognize her name at all, but I looked her up and apparently she won a Grammy back in the day and continues to perform.

When I heard the song the other day though it was like I was knocked back to the 90s. I haven't heard that song in YEARS and had totally forgotten about it.

In the song, one of the commenters says, "Does anyone else from this era feel haunted (bittersweetly) by these music videos? It's weird. It's not 'where have all the cowboys gone', but more like 'where have all the years gone'???..."

I totally get that sentiment.

When I heard the song the other day though it was like I was knocked back to the 90s. I haven't heard that song in YEARS and had totally forgotten about it.

In the song, one of the commenters says, "Does anyone else from this era feel haunted (bittersweetly) by these music videos? It's weird. It's not 'where have all the cowboys gone', but more like 'where have all the years gone'???..."

I totally get that sentiment.

Yeah, it's nostalgia.

She killed it as Peter Gabriel's female voice on the Secret World tour. Didn't pay attention beyond that though.

Paula Cole was the great granddaughter of Nat King Cole

Isn't that the chick who didn't shave her armpits and everyone made a big deal about it.

Oh yes how can I forget those hairy arm pits..........love the 90’s

Back