Who should conor fight next and why?

timoteo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm saying gathje or lee. If he wants a rematch with khabib he needs to beat at least one of these guys. The Justin fight would be entertaining as fuck and the lee fight would give hope that he could beat khabib in a rematch. I'd really like to see conor fight twice before fighting for the title with the fight be two out of the following 3: justin, Kevin, nate

Your mom

Or

Jose, Nate, Kevin, Edson, Dustin, Justin

Cowboy for 155 return, or inaugural 165 title.

Lee fight makes zero sense. Gaethje fight doesn't make sense.

A rematch with Aldo or Diaz or Khabib makes sense.

The ballsiest move is Tony. If he wins that the rematch w khabib would be justified and we all lose our minds all over again.

Your mom

Or

Jose, Nate, Kevin, Edson, Dustin, Justin

I vote your mom too.

I said who and WHY. I know my mom is good off her back but conors top game is not something we would likely see as his striking would be far more effectively. I'd rather see him fight someone that shows him overcoming a weakness he has whether that be his cardio or dealing with a strong wrestler

The ballsiest move is Tony. If he wins that the rematch w khabib would be justified and we all lose our minds all over again.
Yes but Tony vs khabib is happening next

I said who and WHY. I know my mom is good off her back but conors top game is not something we would likely see as his striking would be far more effectively. I'd rather see him fight someone that shows him overcoming a weakness he has whether that be his cardio or dealing with a strong wrestler

20075A01-BEB9-4BC6-B43D-1B8F7F92942E.jpeg

You sound stupid. Those fights make a lot of sense but the ones you mentioned dont. Aldi is a 145er who's been losing and conor isn't going back to 145. Khabib just mauled conor and conor needs to show he deserves the rematch. Diaz fight would make sense but Diaz doesn't want to fight conor

How do you see Conor’s chances against Ferg? Dude is a beast, though I think Conor could crack him.

I actually hope this is how it works out. All other options are either not compelling (Lee, Gaethje etc. are nice fights for fans, but a waste of Conor’s drawing power) or are rematches of fighters Conor has already beaten (Aldo, Diaz) so I think them somewhat unlikely.

Diaz rubber match. Great clash of styles and it needs to be settled. Diaz has so much ring/cage rust, Conor will stand a chance. Conor will win the early rounds and look as good as ever. However, I will still go with Diaz to put extreme pressure on and finish him round 4. I don't think McGregor has the stomach for it anymore. He showed grit in the Diaz 2 fight, I don't expect him to do it again.

It'll be Khabib 2 or Nate 3 with a maybe Aldo 2. If Conor hasn't fought them already he's not fighting them next.
It should be any top 10 LW though, I don't really care who but it definitely won't be Lee.

How do you see Conor’s chances against Ferg? Dude is a beast, though I think Conor could crack him.

I actually hope this is how it works out. All other options are either not compelling (Lee, Gaethje etc. are nice fights for fans, but a waste of Conor’s drawing power) or are rematches of fighters Conor has already beaten (Aldo, Diaz) so I think them somewhat unlikely.
I really dont know. Tonys pace is high but he stands up alot more than khabib. What will happen? I want to see. Khabib logically would fight tony,what if conor steals that fight and wins in impressive fashion? He could gain confidence back and show hes a top fighter after all.

You sound stupid. Those fights make a lot of sense but the ones you mentioned dont. Aldi is a 145er who's been losing and conor isn't going back to 145. Khabib just mauled conor and conor needs to show he deserves the rematch. Diaz fight would make sense but Diaz doesn't want to fight conor

Oh wow, ok then.

I'm not sure you'll be able to grasp this, but Aldo is a LW now and Diaz is completely obsessed with Conor and has been waiting years for a new paycheck.

Gaethje is a 8th ranked nobody, and Lee is a potential big time fight down the road. Neither make sense to do right now. A rematch with Aldo or Diaz to finally close either chapter makes complete sense.

How the fuck does a rematch with Khabib make sense? He just got owned hard that match, showed he had nothing for Khabib.

Let Conor fight Nate again, I enjoy Nate slapping him around.

If he does come back then he needs to take a tune up fight, Pettis or Gaethje would be great fights...heck, even James Vick

Back