Who takes it?

Cardio

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Craig Jones vs Marcelo Garcia in a 10 min no-gi match. Sub only. Who takes it and why?

Marcelo. He is the king of scrambling so he will scramble his short limbs away from danger.

r u guys serious? lol anyone whos even a decent purple should admit craig jones... iv been following garcia since 2007 and he use to be my favorite grappler but still craigs too big and his game is tailor made to shutting him down craig either heel hooks garca or triangles him marceo has nothing for craig

r u guys serious? lol anyone whos even a decent purple should admit craig jones... iv been following garcia since 2007 and he use to be my favorite grappler but still craigs too big and his game is tailor made to shutting him down craig either heel hooks garca or triangles him marceo has nothing for craig

<{Joewithit}>

prime vs prime, marcelo destroys craig, it isnt even close.

but now days, marcelo is 36 years old I think, so craig might be the favorite, but there is no chance in hell craig triangles him.

prime vs prime, marcelo destroys craig, it isnt even close.

but now days, marcelo is 36 years old I think, so craig might be the favorite, but there is no chance in hell craig triangles him.

i highly doubt that Marcelo may be older but come on marcelo got over on guys being super technical hitting guys with things they never saw his bodytype just hurts him too much vs a lanky guy like craig same way braulio always owned marcelo that body length guard he could just wrap him up and its all she wrote

i dont see how marcelo would be able to pass craigs guard for one without dealing with his triangles also the leg game is something he doesnt even work Marcelo is ibjjf styled stylistically thats a horrible match for him

i highly doubt that Marcelo may be older but come on marcelo got over on guys being super technical hitting guys with things they never saw his bodytype just hurts him too much vs a lanky guy like craig same way braulio always owned marcelo that body length guard he could just wrap him up and its all she wrote

i dont see how marcelo would be able to pass craigs guard for one without dealing with his triangles also the leg game is something he doesnt even work Marcelo is ibjjf styled stylistically thats a horrible match for him

Right ibjjf style yet is a 4 time adcc gold medalist, and Craig is a loooooooooooong way to Braulio. Get real. Marcelo was not pulling magic tricks out of his ass, just basic awesome grappling, after a couple or years, what marcelo did was standard, yet he won his last adcc title 2011.

Besides a small number of guys, it's insanely hard to not bet on prime Marcelo.

Now at 36 against a top guy more or less at his peak it would be another story of course..

Marcelo will always stay super dangerous till he gets super old.
His timing is timeless so you can't out technique him and he always has a chance of catching you in a guillotine or something.

Did you see what IBJJF guy Lucas Lepri did to Garry Tonon at ADCCs in 2015? Lucas smushed Garry. Top pressure is top pressure no matter the rule set.

Looking at it dispassionately, I've come to consider in these sorts of hypotheticals of, 'retired badass' vs 'active competitor at the top of the game', the reasonable safe bet is generally 'active competitor at the top of the game'.

Since you know, there's usually a reason 'retired badass' is 'retired badass' and not also 'active competitor at the top of the game', still.

(Roger is exceptional precisely because he is an exception; there needs to be a rule in the first place for something to except it, after all, who's excepting in turn proves what's there to begin with.)

Last edited:
Did you see what IBJJF guy Lucas Lepri did to Garry Tonon at ADCCs in 2015? Lucas smushed Garry. Top pressure is top pressure no matter the rule set.

That was eye opening... specially because not even buchecha in the previous adcc smashed him like Lucas did

Back