Who Voted for Trump?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
energy companies do have an interest in having less stringent pollution and environmental laws....which is why the Left generally doesn't support say Fracking, or certain Pipelines, etc....

not sure how that can possibly be refuted.

It's far more complicated than I think you realize, and I think it's more accurate to say that the left is divided on the issue of fracking, with a majority giving it some conditional support.

I realize you're not American and thus likely not familiar with our racial nomenclature, and it's not a big deal, but "blacks" or referring to a person as "a black" is generally frowned upon.

It's not just Canadians making this mistake.

trump-african-american.gif

energy companies do have an interest in having less stringent pollution and environmental laws....which is why the Left generally doesn't support say Fracking, or certain Pipelines, etc....

not sure how that can possibly be refuted.
True, but not the whole story. In addition to fossil fuels, energy companies would also like to have any advantages they can in the future renewables market.

Not really. The cities are run by democrats. You guys have the most pollution

Oh you mean a city of 3 million people has more pollution than the back water town you live with a pop of 300 residents.

Who would’ve guessed. You can also thank us for paying for you to live and bailing out your worthless state.

Exactly. Donald Trump forced the Republican Party toward the center and basically peeled away centrist Democrats who were sick of people like @Fawlty sucking the joy out of life.

Lol @ the Fucking delusion of this post.

Good grief.

You mean the gop who has done nothing but draft up legislation that dismantles everything in America. They destroy they don’t create.

Unions
Health insurance
Schools
Environment
Regulations
Etc etc etc

I wonder what it’s like going thru life this stupid.

Good grief.

You mean the gop who has done nothing but draft up legislation that dismantles everything in America. They destroy they don’t create.

Unions
Health insurance
Schools
Environment
Regulations
Etc etc etc

Trump is not dismantling America, he is just dismantling what Obama did.

Good grief.

Unions
Health insurance
Schools
Environment
Regulations
Etc etc etc

Dang . . . the GOP sounds like the evil empire based on how some of you goof balls think.

Trump is not dismantling America, he is just dismantling what Obama did.

No the GOP is dismantling America with the ape at the helm. You're fucking clueless anyway so it seems pointless discussing anything with a troll who's been banned 6 different times.

Ha ha funny. But this is why we want mandatory ID presented at the polls in order to vote. There's always some stories of people trying stuff like this.
Don't worry they have a commission working on that. Oh, wait a minute... :rolleyes:

I wasn't sure if a thread has been done on this so I thought I'd start a thread. There seems to be a lot of disagreement among sherdoggers her as to who exactly voted for Trump. His adversaries will commonly suggest that angry white males voted for him against women and minorities for Hillary. Although this may be partly true it appears at least according to this article that Trumps voters were much more diverse than that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/exit-polls-who-voted-for-trump-clinton-2016-11

As you will see in this link, 42% of women voters voted for Trump. That's a lot. And although more old people voted for Trump many voted for Hillary too and so on.

Obviously the biggest divide was among black voters. Only 8 percent voted for him.(I expect this number to slightly grow next election.)

High income people voted slightly more for Trump by a few percent.

And I've been saying on this forum for years, there is a clear difference between rural and city residents politically as shown in the link.

Interesting stuff.

Most Caucasians voted for trump. That 8% oh blacks who voted will be much lower this time around especially with his NFL issues and white supremacy attitude when they killed that lady.

Good grief.

"Good grief" indeed. Looking forward to seeing your "blue wave" in action ;)

giphy.gif

Unions
Health insurance
Schools
Environment
Regulations
Etc etc etc

You're a little worked up there, Charlie. Let's take it down a notch, eh?

Although you didn't state any policy positions, I am generally familiar with the Left's positions on the topics you listed. Please state your positions if they differ from the mainstream Left's.

While I don't disagree with every policy position espoused by the mainstream Left, I envision a much more limited role for the government. Government regulation should be very narrowly circumscribed to address specific, identifiable, preventable harms. I'm open to regulating certain types of securities trading practices if they can potentially crash the entire economy. In particular, I'd favor more aggressive enforcement against trading practices which externalize risk on to taxpayers. I'm also open to regulating industries which may permanently damage the environment, so long as the harm is concrete and identifiable, and the regulation does not needlessly hamper commerce (the EPA is a good example of how not to go about regulating such industries). I do not envision a direct government role in health insurance, except perhaps to prevent insurers from ripping off customers, and generally to prevent large insurance companies from second-guessing doctors (a simple statement from a doctor that something is "medically necessary" ought to be conclusive, so as to forever prevent insurance companies from managing treatment). We can talk about safety nets (or how to improve existing programs), but generally I don't consider "universal healthcare" to be a viable, or even desirable objective.

Unions have a place, but they need to fund themselves. The Supreme Court got it right in Janus. Hopefully unions will begin to refocus their efforts on union members and worry less about national politics.

Education (at all levels – primary, secondary, postsecondary, graduate, etc.) is a very difficult issue. Unfortunately, this is an issue where political correctness does the most damage. At the primary and secondary levels, Illegal immigration has destroyed urban public school systems beyond repair. Kids can get a better education and have more fulfilling/productive social lives outside of that setting. I don't necessarily see charter schools or vouchers as a solution, but the current model of public education is a complete waste of money. I would suggest bringing back vocation tracks, but I suspect SJWs won't like the optics of Calculus classes filled with White and Asian students with most black and brown students crammed in a Electrical Maintenance / Welding / Construction / Autoshop / Etc. I've recently heard various local politicians (e.g. superintendents and mayors) revisit the topic of vocational training. We'll see what happens.

As for postsecondary education, we simply have too many people going to college. Somewhere along the line, educators got this idea that college itself was the ultimate endgame for all students. We let them flood our colleges with stupid, immature, non-intellectuals, all of whom had a transactional view of education – that is, you spend time and money at the school, and the school "gives" you an education / degree. This has driven up the cost of higher education, driven down the quality of education, and depreciated the value of a college degree to near worthlessness. In fact, when I meet someone with a degree in "Feminist Studies" or a MA in creative writing, I have to resist seeing them as a certified "Educated Idiot" (of course I try to give everyone a fair shot). To make matters worse, college professors often espouse subversive, divisive, nihilistic, anti-American ideologies which do nothing more than sow discord. In short, higher education as presently implemented is a cancer upon our nation. The solution pretty much involves destroying academia as we know it. Obviously we need our best and brightest to contribute in STEM fields, but a large swath of disciplines (particularly those in the Humanities) basically need to be axed. We most definitely do not need "free college for everyone."

Not that any of that resonates with you. I'm sure you want open borders, free everything for everyone, pronouns for every interest group, and highly intrusive government intervention across the board. Thankfully, the American people have voted to elbow drop the Democratic Party into submission. Please, cry more :)

Doesn't matter. Pule, whine, whimper, kick, scream and hurl insult after insult til the color of your faces match the color you dye your hair...
the dems are gonna get the shit kicked out of them. Again.
It's going to be glorious.

"Good grief" indeed. Looking forward to seeing your "blue wave" in action ;)

giphy.gif

You're a little worked up there, Charlie. Let's take it down a notch, eh?

Although you didn't state any policy positions, I am generally familiar with the Left's positions on the topics you listed. Please state your positions if they differ from the mainstream Left's.

While I don't disagree with every policy position espoused by the mainstream Left, I envision a much more limited role for the government. Government regulation should be very narrowly circumscribed to address specific, identifiable, preventable harms. I'm open to regulating certain types of securities trading practices if they can potentially crash the entire economy. In particular, I'd favor more aggressive enforcement against trading practices which externalize risk on to taxpayers. I'm also open to regulating industries which may permanently damage the environment, so long as the harm is concrete and identifiable, and the regulation does not needlessly hamper commerce (the EPA is a good example of how not to go about regulating such industries). I do not envision a direct government role in health insurance, except perhaps to prevent insurers from ripping off customers, and generally to prevent large insurance companies from second-guessing doctors (a simple statement from a doctor that something is "medically necessary" ought to be conclusive, so as to forever prevent insurance companies from managing treatment). We can talk about safety nets (or how to improve existing programs), but generally I don't consider "universal healthcare" to be a viable, or even desirable objective.

Unions have a place, but they need to fund themselves. The Supreme Court got it right in Janus. Hopefully unions will begin to refocus their efforts on union members and worry less about national politics.

Education (at all levels – primary, secondary, postsecondary, graduate, etc.) is a very difficult issue. Unfortunately, this is an issue where political correctness does the most damage. At the primary and secondary levels, Illegal immigration has destroyed urban public school systems beyond repair. Kids can get a better education and have more fulfilling/productive social lives outside of that setting. I don't necessarily see charter schools or vouchers as a solution, but the current model of public education is a complete waste of money. I would suggest bringing back vocation tracks, but I suspect SJWs won't like the optics of Calculus classes filled with White and Asian students with most black and brown students crammed in a Electrical Maintenance / Welding / Construction / Autoshop / Etc. I've recently heard various local politicians (e.g. superintendents and mayors) revisit the topic of vocational training. We'll see what happens.

As for postsecondary education, we simply have too many people going to college. Somewhere along the line, educators got this idea that college itself was the ultimate endgame for all students. We let them flood our colleges with stupid, immature, non-intellectuals, all of whom had a transactional view of education – that is, you spend time and money at the school, and the school "gives" you an education / degree. This has driven up the cost of higher education, driven down the quality of education, and depreciated the value of a college degree to near worthlessness. In fact, when I meet someone with a degree in "Feminist Studies" or a MA in creative writing, I have to resist seeing them as a certified "Educated Idiot" (of course I try to give everyone a fair shot). To make matters worse, college professors often espouse subversive, divisive, nihilistic, anti-American ideologies which do nothing more than sow discord. In short, higher education as presently implemented is a cancer upon our nation. The solution pretty much involves destroying academia as we know it. Obviously we need our best and brightest to contribute in STEM fields, but a large swath of disciplines (particularly those in the Humanities) basically need to be axed. We most definitely do not need "free college for everyone."

Not that any of that resonates with you. I'm sure you want open borders, free everything for everyone, pronouns for every interest group, and highly intrusive government intervention across the board. Thankfully, the American people have voted to elbow drop the Democratic Party into submission. Please, cry more :)
You should put cliffs at the end of your posts. You tend to ramble a bit, bro.

I did. Because Hillary embodies everything that is wrong with the political system in America. Her husband gets away with committing a felony in front of the entire country and she commits a list of crimes in the years before the election and she and her entire senior staff are given immunity and cleared before the investigation begins.

It's sad that Trump was the opposing candidate, but when his opponent is Hillary and the tyranny of political correctness, the choice was obvious.

Voted for Trump and will again. My county ended up blue but I live in California so it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Back