Who was better, Lewis or Wlad?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko have a lot in common. They were both tall, hard-punching HWs with weak chins, they were both dominant HWs, and they were both trained by Emanuel Steward. But, who was the better fighter between them?

I personally view Vitali as better than Wlad. Maybe thats just my biased opinion, but I wonder why he is not mentioned more, at least alongside his brother. So if anyone cares to share his opinion on Lenox and Wlad, maybe add something about Vitaly too.

Lewis was better than all of them. An old semi retired Lewis beat the better of the two brothers, fair and square.

Lewis was better than all of them. An old semi retired Lewis beat the better of the two brothers, fair and square.

so you also see Vlad as the better one, and I agree Lewis is the best out of them. Lewis Vlad was a great fight though, and Lennox won, no questions. If that cut is not stoppage worthy no cut is.... I would have really liked to see a rematch with Lennox taking it seriously and was really mad for him ending his career.
It was a good decision by him, just hard to take as a Vlad Fanboi.

so you also see Vlad as the better one, and I agree Lewis is the best out of them. Lewis Vlad was a great fight though, and Lennox won, no questions. If that cut is not stoppage worthy no cut is.... I would have really liked to see a rematch with Lennox taking it seriously and was really mad for him ending his career.
Vitali. Yes, Vitali was the smoother boxer, IMO.

Good to see a fan of vitali taking such a balanced view. There was no way that fight could continue

Lewis is more accomplished and just plain better.

The fact Lewis beat Vitali says it all.

Now I actually prefer Wlad to Vitali but seeing as he just lost to Joshua and I don't think Joshua would beat Lewis especially at this stage of his career Lewis is looking the safe option.

Its quite possible Lewis is the best all round HW of all time.

Would love to see him against Prime Holmes, Ali and Foreman though but Lewis possess a lot of tools in one fighter.

Good to see a fan of vitali taking such a balanced view. There was no way that fight could continue
During the fight i was hoping for no stoppage though, pure egoism to want your guy to get that great upset even against an old out of shape lewis. And he had a chance. But that fight had to be stopped. Lewis promised a rematch and then dissapered... I was so mad. In retrospective totally understandable of Lennox, still a chicken move even if not many people care about that. :)

Vitali. Yes, Vitali was the smoother boxer, IMO.

I dont get why his brother gets so much more mentions than him.
He was more interesting to watch in most of his fights, only lost due to injury, great power, great chin...
For me nr10 all time HW

Lewis simply because he beat Vitali who was the better fighter out of the two brothers. I think Lewis > Vitali > Wlad.

Wlad not getting a lot of credit here. He has a really long reign that gets discredited because he clinched and jabbed through tough fights. I think he was better than Vitali and Lewis.

Wlad not getting a lot of credit here. He has a really long reign that gets discredited because he clinched and jabbed through tough fights. I think he was better than Vitali and Lewis.
I like both of the brothers, Vitaly would KO Wad in my book :)

Lewis is God tier heavyweight. I don't think he gets enough appreciation. Wlad is up there too but he for sure doesnt match Lewis.

Man I go from boxing24 to here and its the same damn exact threads word for word smh

Back