Brian May - Notable songs include:

We Will Rock You:

Fat Bottomed Girls:

I Want It All:

Hammer to Fall:

The Show Must Go On:

Dragon Attack:

Tie Your Mother Down:

While the other two band members, John Deacon and Roger Taylor, weren't quite as prolific as songwriters, they also wrote several notable songs.

John Deacon - Notable songs include:

Another One Bites The Dust:

You're My Best Friend:

I Want To Break Free:

Roger Taylor - Notable songs include:

Radio Ga Ga:

One Vision:

I'm in Love with My Car:

Wow! That is some major diversity in songwriting talent. I had no idea they were a quadruple threat. Even the Beatles weren't a legit quadruple threat.

I gotta go with Freddie, but you taught me something today.

Wow! That is some major diversity in songwriting talent. I had no idea they were a quadruple threat. Even the Beatles weren't a legit quadruple threat.

Thanks. I've been listening/studying them more lately and noticed that all of them wrote some of their major hits, although Freddie and Brian more than the others. I figure most would pick Freddie because he wrote Bohemian Rhapsody and We Are The Champions, although Brian wrote We Will Rock You which is also iconic and a huge sports song.

Freddie 4 Eva! But they’re all amazing.

Maybe Brian May for me, he wrote Save Me, Now I'm here, Tie your mother down, The Prophet's Song ETC
But all 4 of them wrote some fantastic songs. Never been a band with such talent.

Freddy since he wrote my favorite Queen songs.

I’ll go with Freddy since Bohemian Rhapsody, A Crazy Little Thing Called Love, We Are The Champions are probably my three favorite Queen songs

Honestly I feel like every other member of the band would have been the best singer in most other bands too. Like on "...Opera" May sang '39 and Taylor sang "I'm in Love with My Car." I don't know if Deacon ever sang lead, but I've heard his voice before and it's quite good.

As for me, I would probably say May. I think Phophet's Song is his magnum opus and Bohemian Rhapsody is Mercury's, and I like Prophet's Song better. But this is splitting hairs. Actually I think PS right into "Love of My Life" (Mercury) is maybe the best 1-2 punch in rock history. They should punch any DJ who doesn't play them together.

I couldn't pick a best. However, this information really has blown my mind - especially since I was just reading the Steve Aoki thread.

Honestly I feel like every other member of the band would have been the best singer in most other bands too. Like on "...Opera" May sang '39 and Taylor sang "I'm in Love with My Car." I don't know if Deacon ever sang lead, but I've heard his voice before and it's quite good.

As for me, I would probably say May. I think Phophet's Song is his magnum opus and Bohemian Rhapsody is Mercury's, and I like Prophet's Song better. But this is splitting hairs. Actually I think PS right into "Love of My Life" (Mercury) is maybe the best 1-2 punch in rock history. They should punch any DJ who doesn't play them together.
Deacon never sang lead. To be honest, he was by far the worst singer in the band. He rarely sang background vocals live or in the studio. Which isn't to say he was a bad singer compared to the average person who isn't a professional musician. But by the band standards he was pretty bad.

Only band in history where each individual member wrote a no.1 hit single.

you can't put i want to break free up, without the video.

i may or may not have sapped it over roger taylor ,before i found out he wasn't a she.

Hard to look past Freddie for Bohemian Rhapsody and Someone to Love imo.

All talented songwriters tho.

Brian May for me. He didn't write the biggest hits but his tunes were usually epic.

bohemian rhapsody is the most overrated piece of music in history

so whoever didn’t write that

Back