Who was the biggest cash cow loss for the ufc?

Project 2501

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the last decade all of the UFC's most major cashcows suffered humiliating and devastating losses (or some cases retired) but which among all of them were the UFC's biggest social and financial loss?? Which one do you think put Dana on suicide watch?

Brock Lesnar
GSP
Ronda Rousey
Conor McGregor

The UFC has only totally lost one of those four. The other three will fight again, and will do so to huge commercial success for the UFC.

Well the misogynists will interpret the question in such a way that Ronda is the only answer.

It's a set up...

The UFC got plenty out of all of them.

GSP retired because he had enough.
Lesnar didn't have the guts for it (quite literally) after his disease and Ronda got figured out and quit.

Conor is still here.

Jones is probably the one they've lost a fair bit on. In prime fighting age but keeps fucking up.

Most recent Conor to Khabib and then Till to Woodley and then Ngannou to Sleepe

In the last decade all of the UFC's most major cashcows suffered humiliating and devastating losses (or some cases retired) but which among all of them were the UFC's biggest social and financial loss?? Which one do you think put Dana on suicide watch?

Brock Lesnar
GSP
Ronda Rousey
Conor McGregor

So fighters who have made the most money to the UFC are "UFCs biggest financial losses". Ok.

Honestly, they could have let Rousey fight twice more often and made even more money with a crazy schedule. She wasn't even hit in like half her fights.

Definitely Ronda. She was on every stupid mainstream show, like Ellen, etc. She was attracting more non-MMA fans than anyone else by far because she was being portrayed as some kind of trailblazer for women, I suppose.

Of course, most people HERE (the real fans) knew it was all bullshit. That she was merely a good athlete in a terribly shallow division. But she attracted a fanbase that Brock, Conor, etc would never bring in.

And with that said, thank god she is gone... along with all the annoying casuals who came with her.

If you actually know what a cash cow is, then you will know that the UFC has never been popular enough to have one. All of their stars still required a lot of money and resources pumped into promoting them even at the height of their popularity. Cash cow = low maintenance... mma = not popular enough to have someone like that

Definitely Ronda. She was on every stupid mainstream show, like Ellen, etc. She was attracting more non-MMA fans than anyone else by far because she was being portrayed as some kind of trailblazer for women, I suppose.

Of course, most people HERE (the real fans) knew it was all bullshit. That she was merely a good athlete in a terribly shallow division. But she attracted a fanbase that Brock, Conor, etc would never bring in.

And with that said, thank god she is gone... along with all the annoying casuals who came with her.

Good post, but I don't entirely agree. Judging by raw numbers, Ronda was a bigger draw than GSP, but still a smaller one than Brock and certainly Conor.

In fact, I was surprised that it wasn't until her last 3 fights (Bethe Correia, Holly Holm, and Amanda Nunes) that Ronda truly pulled in the huge numbers. (900k, 1.1 million, and 1.1 million, respectively) Before that, despite all the mainstream attention, she wasn't nearly as big as people seem to recall.

Rousey vs. Zingano pulled in 590k buys. That was good for 2015 (it would be awesome nowadays, since the UFC PPV market crashed), but not mind-blowingly so.

Ronda's other two headlining PPVs, her debut against Carmouche in 2013, did 450k buys and the McMann fight in 2014 did 340k buys. Decent numbers, but no more.

Compare that to Conor and Brock, and it's certainly a step below.

But I certainly agree; I'm glad I missed the whole Rousey era, not following MMA as closely from 2010 to earlier in 2018. Her fans, from what I've seen, are as insufferable as Ronda was and is herself.

If you actually know what a cash cow is, then you will know that the UFC has never been popular enough to have one. All of their stars still required a lot of money and resources pumped into promoting them even at the height of their popularity. Cash cow = low maintenance... mma = not popular enough to have someone like that
Conor could sell water he stirred his dick with. I'm not a big fan but he knows how to self promote. Even his trash whiskey is going off the shelf

So fighters who have made the most money to the UFC are "UFCs biggest financial losses". Ok.
100 percent they are. Brock they missed out on multiple PPVs and big number fights. Gsp not so much the made a lot of him in his prime. Conor taking 2 years off hurt the money for the UFC if you don't count their cut from Mayweather. Ronda loses killed wmma

You can fap to this?
wwe-news-ronda-rousey-njpw-g1-climax.jpg

Brock Lesnar
GSP
Ronda Rousey
Conor McGregor
Ronda. She made them soo much money over a longer period than Conor.

Back