Who will be the first UFC fighter to fight at 50 years old?

EDIT: BESIDES RON VAN CLIEF. who fought at 51 years old at UFC 4 against Royce Gracie

In the UFC. Im not talking about fighters like Royce and Ken Shamrock or whoever fighting in other organizations.

Inside the Octagon in the UFC. Who will be the first to do it at age 50 or above?

Will it be a Dan Henderson come back?
Judging by Sage Northcutt's genetics, I'd say "Super Saiyan" will be fighting (#andstill) well into his 60s!

Chuck Liddell just called out Jon Jones, and Chuck Liddell is 48. He must still be pretty good anyway to be THAT confident, and he was just on Ariel's show so he's still relevant...if CM Punk can get his face on a UFC poster despite being the worst male fighter on the UFC roster, why not resurrect Chuck for the quick buck.

GSP when he comes back to grab the HW title.

Hunto could pobably pull it off

aint gonna happen tho

Didn't I read that Chuck Liddell is making a comeback? How far is he from his 50th birthday?

Chuck Liddell wants to fight again hes 49

Already happened, former UFC champ Dan Severn was 54 in his last fight.

0-32440

Didn't I read that Chuck Liddell is making a comeback? How far is he from his 50th birthday?
He's 48, but he won't be fighting in the UFC. If he comes back it'll be in his new promotion or in Bellator.

I think Yoel is enough of a physical freak to still be competitive at 50. He also started MMA later in life so he hasn't taken nearly as much damage as the majority of fighters. Then again, all those years of grappling will likely catch up with him eventually and his body will probably break down. But as more and more knowledge about training and nutrition and recovery comes out and as the science keeps improving, I'm sure the longevity of all athletes will increase.

At 32 I feel old. I can't imagine a 50 yr old being competitive in USADA era.

Those guys @ 50 will need prescription medication just to stay alive and not die to diabetes, cholesterol medications to prevent heart attacks, break bones to osteoperosis, will have heart problems, etc. And the brain damage will be showing by then too. They'll be slurring their words, have poor reaction times, less intelligence, etc.

You're extrapolating that people don't age much from 20-35. That's true. But after 35, the age curve accelerates infinitely. You age more from 35-40 than you did from 20-35. 40-45 more than you did 20-40. Then 45-50 more than 20-45. 50+.. it's just dangerous putting anyone that age in the cage.

Sources or STFU!

Yoel is the answer. Guy is like a 21 year old at 41.

41 and he gives a prime guy like Whittaker in his mid 20s a serious fight.

Cro Cop or Nelson outside the UFC for sure.

Inside the UFC

YOEL defending his belt

Back