Who will be the next WORLD CHAMPION to break the MAGIC EIGHT?

No one is beating TJ in the next couple of years atleast. His last fight could have been his 7th title , but life is like that, and three judges can change history.

True, true.

Of course the majority of media scorers gave it to Cruz too, but, y'know ...

exactly.

which makes GSP's run through the WW division that much better. when hughes armbarred him, he went on and fought increasingly difficult competition. winning multiple fights against top contenders to earn your shot is difficult. anyone can win one fight, bisping made a career out of it. but dominating multiple killers on your way to the belt, and dominating hungry challengers after you win it, that's the truly impressive feat.

GSP's career at 170 is a thing of legend. winning the MW belt is nice, but nothing compared to his legacy at WW.
what...are...you...talkin´...about...

Rewritin´history, uh?

After gettin´schooled by Hughes, to get his 2nd title shot, No Rush fought:

Dave Strasser outside the UFC, cant be considered an elite dude at that point

Jason Miller, who historically had an up and down career, a rookie then in the UFC

Frank Trigg, legit contender coming off a loss against Hughes

Sherk, great fighter but LW

BJ, great fighter but LW, and where he served us a lousy L&P performance.

I disagree with the premise, winning belts in two divisions is no small fry, compared to anything.

People always taking things for granted after the fact. Two belts at the same time is fucking impressive.
Aldo could have did it 4 years ago and Anderson could have done it a decade ago. The fertitttas weren’t into that shit tho.

None of them. Mma is too competitive at the top level now.

Honestly, can't see any of them achieving 8 defenses.

Could be Cejudo if he can get past a DJ rematch and constantly make weight. Both are questionable now that I think about it.

Aldo could have did it 4 years ago and Anderson could have done it a decade ago. The fertitttas weren’t into that shit tho.

Could have but didn't, and we don't know for sure. I would pick them as the favorites but those are fights they could lose, and if they won it would still be very impressive.

My point is we are downplaying this accomplishment too much. Yes it's not more impressive than multiple title defenses against top contenders, but it's still very impressive. TS makes it sound like it's not much.

True, true.

Of course the majority of media scorers gave it to Cruz too, but, y'know ...
I initially scored the fight for Cruz as well, but later realized how biased the commentary was. TJ was not at his best on the night, but still did enough to win a SD.

Again, I'm not complaining the decision...just pointing out that, if three judges felt different, the whole trajectory of the division changes.

Till, nunes
Nunes won't get 5 more fights, she's planning to retire in the next couple years. Till has to make weight and beat Woodley to be in consideration.
CYborg might have a chance, but not sure how long she sticks around, and it's difficult to get her fights, because most people fearher.

what...are...you...talkin´...about...

Rewritin´history, uh?

After gettin´schooled by Hughes, to get his 2nd title shot, No Rush fought:

Dave Strasser outside the UFC, cant be considered an elite dude at that point

Jason Miller, who historically had an up and down career, a rookie then in the UFC

Frank Trigg, legit contender coming off a loss against Hughes

Sherk, great fighter but LW

BJ, great fighter but LW, and where he served us a lousy L&P performance.
and that's not increasingly difficult competition?

trigg was a title contender. sherk was a title contender, and had not been a LW at that point in his career. BJ was a former title holder who never actually lost the belt. they were literally to toughest fights he could get in the UFC at the time. rewriting history my ass, you're the one making it sound as if those guys were bums. he then kicked hughes in the head and won the belt.

GSP pretty much cleaned the division by the time he won the belt, and defended against serra who had earned his shot through TUF, for fuck's sake. you know why? because he'd beaten pretty much everyone with a claim to a shot already. even after that monumental fuckup, he went and cleaned the division again.

and that's not increasingly difficult competition?

trigg was a title contender. sherk was a title contender, and had not been a LW at that point in his career. BJ was a former title holder who never actually lost the belt. they were literally to toughest fights he could get in the UFC at the time. rewriting history my ass, you're the one making it sound as if those guys were bums. he then kicked hughes in the head and won the belt.

GSP pretty much cleaned the division by the time he won the belt, and defended against serra who had earned his shot through TUF, for fuck's sake. you know why? because he'd beaten pretty much everyone with a claim to a shot already. even after that monumental fuckup, he went and cleaned the division again.
BS.

"you're the one making it sound as if those guys were bums."

I acknowledged both BJ & Sherk were great fighters... But if you could keep it real and stop nuthuggin´like a clueless bum, you would understand that indeed they were not legit WW, so dont overhype it.

And dont try to sell us that Serra, a natural LW too [ask yourself why all these LWs had to go up... the reality of the lighter weight classes back then]... as a killer.

Laughable.

On a sidenote:

They made BJ fight Machida, but the one he really asked was a true HW: Fujita.

SAKU GOAT Interview:
Sakuraba said after the fight with Victor Belfort, “I want to fight with a little stronger fighter”. (!)

SAKU GOAT: acknowledged that he was not happy to be forced to fight a lil fighter like Royler back then
[compare it to GSP´s resume:full of LWs, even BW (Menjivar)]

U lousy fan, lmao...

Nunes probably could if they don't get bored of the whole thing and just fold up her division

TJ looks the most likely for actually competitive divisions, although why people assume he's going to walk over Cruz and Moraes I don't really understand

He's a fantastic fighter, and I'd pick him in both fights but I'd be shocked if they weren't close fights

Assuncao I think the rematch showed TJ has him figured out and would probably beat him the same way again

BS.

"you're the one making it sound as if those guys were bums."

I acknowledged both BJ & Sherk were great fighters... But if you could keep it real and stop nuthuggin´like a clueless bum, you would understand that indeed they were not legit WW, so dont overhype it.

And dont try to sell us that Serra, a natural LW too [ask yourself why all these LWs had to go up... the reality of the lighter weight classes back then]... as a killer.

Laughable.

On a sidenote:

They made BJ fight Machida, but the one he really asked was a true HW: Fujita.

SAKU GOAT Interview:
Sakuraba said after the fight with Victor Belfort, “I want to fight with a little stronger fighter”. (!)

SAKU GOAT: acknowledged that he was not happy to be forced to fight a lil fighter like Royler back then
[compare it to GSP´s resume:full of LWs, even BW (Menjivar)]

U lousy fan, lmao...
jesus fuck, what are you on about? my initial post was that GSP had to fight 3 title contenders to get back to his title shot, and then went on and cleaned out the division again. you complained about it, yet couldn't provide a single argument to support your claim. were trigg, sherk, and BJ not top welterweights when GSP fought them?

i don't even understand what your point is. GSP is the greatest WW there ever was, having beaten literally everyone that managed to climb to the top of the division, both as a challenger and as a champion. that is far more impressive than his victory over bisping and capturing of the MW title.

your incoherent rambling has nothing to do with any of that, and i'm somehow a clueless bum and lousy fan, while you discredit 3 awesome fighters. just go away, little man.

jesus fuck, what are you on about? my initial post was that GSP had to fight 3 title contenders to get back to his title shot, and then went on and cleaned out the division again. you complained about it, yet couldn't provide a single argument to support your claim. were trigg, sherk, and BJ not top welterweights when GSP fought them?

i don't even understand what your point is. GSP is the greatest WW there ever was, having beaten literally everyone that managed to climb to the top of the division, both as a challenger and as a champion. that is far more impressive than his victory over bisping and capturing of the MW title.

your incoherent rambling has nothing to do with any of that, and i'm somehow a clueless bum and lousy fan, while you discredit 3 awesome fighters. just go away, little man.
Ah you actually cant even read, poor ´tard.

You understood shit coz you know shit.

I´ve already acknowledged twice that BJ & Sherk were great, sigh..

The problem is that lousy fans like ya cant keep it real.

It´s ok to be passionate about your hero, but...puh-lease... dont try to BS us while foolin´yourself.

See, Im a SAKU fan but I would be the 1st one to tell you that his fight with Royler was pure BS, and he even acknowledged it, sayin´that Royler was too small indeed.

Got it?

Laughable.

No. He doesn't match up well with a number of fighters. Edward, fergie, conor, gayche, basically anyone with good wrestling and average to good standup.

Gillespie beats him too.

This good standup with good wrestling myth has been debunked already. Nobody is stopping him unless you have God like TDD. Everybody beats him yet he is 26-0. Not a single fighter in mma can claim that right now. He'll beat them all to a pulp and Conor mauling will be the start of it.

Back