Who will go further in this sport? Grag Hardy or Amir Aliakbari?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The UFC might have 2 good HW prospects if they keep winning outside the UFC. What do you think?

The UFC might have 2 good HW prospects if they keep winning outside the UFC. What do you think?

Hmmm...roid abuser or women beater?

Well, I sure hope that MMA careers of both fail miserably.

Amir has more potential and overall more skills but not sure the guy passes a drug test. Hardy looks mega raw still, a lot of experienced heavyweights could crack him.

An American sports player that has 6 knockouts in less than 5 minutes and already has a promotional link to the UFC is likely to get a much larger promotional push and support than someone who has been banned from competing in his base sport for repeated cheating

I would be very surprised if Aliakbari eventually fights under USADA. That said, to me he's the #2 HW prospect in the world and would absolutely destroy Hardy and most of the UFC's heavyweights.

I would be very surprised if Aliakbari eventually fights under USADA. That said, to me he's the #2 HW prospect in the world and would absolutely destroy Hardy and most of the UFC's heavyweights.

Based in what? He has only had one fight against a guy that has a recent proven track record against UFC heavyweights and he got handily knocked out. I cannot imagine Cormier, Miocic, Dos Santos, Overeem, Werdum, Hunt etc having any trouble with him.

Aliakbari is a joke. A one round roid fighter with one dimensional skills.

Hardy, we don't know how he will respond to getting hit.

Hardy has more appeal because of who he is and that people want to see him get hurt.

Based in what? He has only had one fight against a guy that has a recent proven track record against UFC heavyweights and he got handily knocked out. I cannot imagine Cormier, Miocic, Dos Santos, Overeem, Werdum, Hunt etc having any trouble with him.

Omielanczuk and Smoldarev are UFC Top 15 level wins.
If Blaydes can outwrestle almost anyone, then Aliakbari probably can also.

Tough call. Could go either way depending on several factors. That’s why they’re called prospects. Can’t lie though Hardy has murked everyone he’s faced.

To his credit, he was coming directly off another fight.

Amir would whoop his ass but I’m sure UFC will manufacture an aura for Hardy to where he’s inexplicably held in decent regard when it’s over with. Amir will have something more resembling a good MMA career but he won’t get the grease Hardy gets.

I said #2 HW prospect. Based on watching his fights.

Don't care for either .....

Hope both fail miserably they sure as hell deserve it.

Right but lost to old Crocop and had a competitive fight with a ufc reject last time out

Right but lost to old Crocop and had a competitive fight with a ufc reject last time out
That UFC reject (Daniel O~) gave Curtis Blaydes a tough fight, and beat Oleinik. He's no scrub, his TDD is great. Any wrestler will have a bad time fighting him.

AliAkbari and not even close.

Yeah he lost to Cro Cop - but, you have to be realistic it was 6th MMA fight ever - and he has no amateur fights. It was also his second fight that night, having just gone to a decision with moldovsky (whose a killer). Not to mention he had also had a fight 2 days before that.

He was injured already getting cortisone shots before the cro cop fight, and he was obviously tired. He got caught by one of the best strikers in MMA history.

No shame at all in that loss - and a bad way to gauge his career.

Guarantee 100% he will take the ACB belt, He has two fights left on his ACB contract, next one should be for the belt i believe.

The guy is a top of the ladder heavyweight wrestler, with a life time of wrestling experience in Iran.

He would suplex hardy through the canvas.

Amir is a legit title contender in any MMA league.

Back