Who won the wrestling match between Cruz and Tj Dillashaw ?

J

JollyRants

So i'm having a dispute with a guy that says despite Cruz landing 4 takedowns in the fight to 1 lol. That Cruz did not outwrestled Tj, lol since Tj had more control on 1 fucking takedown to 4 lol. i1jroc6s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was rather surprised that Cruz was able to take down TJ at will. Four takedowns is four too many for someone like TJ.

I was rather surprised that Cruz was able to take down TJ at will. Four takedowns is four too many for someone like TJ.
You don't know what being outwrestled means. TJ had more control time from one takedown than Dom's four and was able to get back to his feet within seconds, and he was only able to take TJ down for those brief seconds because Dillashaw was moving forward and trying to take his head off.

i1jroc6s.jpg

He posted this his own post proves that Cruz outwrestled him lol.

Tj win's he's a more accomplished wrestler, but mma is a sport about fighting and guaranteed in a fight dom takes him down way more. Just like Jon jones would lose to dc in a wrestling match but in a fight were it matters and you can mix up your striking and grappling, jon wins

Cruz hit a few nicely timed takedowns while TJ was moving forward and trying to take his head off and then managed to establish a whopping combined total of 36 seconds of control; half of what TJ did with one takedown.

Dom fans have really bought into his point fighting style. Any other fighter did this and they'd be heavily criticized. At least he did it in the middle of the round this time instead of waiting until ten seconds are left on the clock like he normally does. Still led to nothing tho.

Last edited:
Cruz hit a few nicely timed takedowns while TJ was moving forward and trying to take his head off and then managed to establish a whopping combined total of 36 seconds of control.

Doesn't matter he still outwrestled Tj dont matter if Tj was doing cartwheels he got 4 takedowns on him to 1.

Cruz hit a few nicely timed takedowns while TJ was moving forward and trying to take his head off and then managed to establish a whopping combined total of 36 seconds of control; half of what TJ did with one takedown.

Dom fans have really bought into his point fighting style. Any other fighter did this and they'd be heavily criticized. At least he did it in the middle of the round this time instead of waiting until ten seconds are left on the clock like he normally does. Still led to nothing tho.
505446852-dillashaw-reacts-after-his-split-decision-gettyimages.jpg
Dominick-Cruz.jpg
011716-UFC-Cruz-celebrates-SS-PI.vadapt.664.high.88.jpg
304926B500000578-0-image-a-27_1453096558434.jpg
Led to this :D

CrUz had poor control and TJ was able to scamble out of all of them which is to be considered when wrestling. TJ is a better wrestler but Cruz is better at mixmaster in his strikes to takedowns

CrUz had poor control and TJ was able to scamble out of all of them which is to be considered when wrestling. TJ is a better wrestler but Cruz is better at mixmaster in his strikes to takedowns
According to the TS, control is irrelevant to wrestling. That's what he said.

According to the TS, control is irrelevant to wrestling. That's what he said.

According to you landing 4 takedowns to 1 is not out wrestling someone lol. Get over it your a Cruz hater and Cruz won and the new.
UFC_Boston_Mixed_Martial_Arts-018b1.jpg

Tj win's he's a more accomplished wrestler, but mma is a sport about fighting and guaranteed in a fight dom takes him down way more. Just like Jon jones would lose to dc in a wrestling match but in a fight were it matters and you can mix up your striking and grappling, jon wins

Jones is a very good wrestler. People out here seem to not know how good he was as a wrestler. He beat Max Askren for one.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/8...ling-jake-varner-same-tournament-olympic-gold

It's extremely hard to hate on Cruz' point fighting because it looks so beautiful when he does it.

Plus, he made tj look like an angry Neanderthal who was running angerly at Dom whiffing punches like some amateur.

According to you landing 4 takedowns to 1 is not out wrestling someone lol. Get over it your a Cruz hater and Cruz won and the new.
Posting pics of Cruz that are unrelated to wrestling and calling me a hater. What a compelling argument you've put forth.

Cruz also stuffed a few of Dillashaw's take downs but it's been so long I can't remember specifics But what that means is although Cruz was not able to hold him on the floor he was able to put him on the floor 4to1 times with less failed attempts. On the flip side is TJ was able to get back to his feet without Cruz establishing any kind of control so you could argue the wrestling was a draw or Cruz edged him out but I can't see TJ as controlling the wrestling. opinions will vary but this is mine

I'll be sure to keep this thread in mind the next time another fighter gets "outwrestled" by pointless takedowns and you bitch about it like 90% of this forum does. You're fux0red buddy. You just doomed yourself to a lifetime of defending point fighters.

Posting pics of Cruz that are unrelated to wrestling and calling me a hater. What a compelling argument you've put forth.
I'll be sure to keep this thread in mind the next time another fighter gets "outwrestled" by pointless takedowns and you bitch about it like 90% of this forum does. You're fux0red buddy. You just doomed yourself to a lifetime of defending point fighters.
Sure sound like a hater here lol.
hqdefault.jpg
What about 4 takedowns to 1 for a compelling argument lol. Keep hating and making Tj highlights and STILLL
011716-UFC-Cruz-celebrates-SS-PI.vadapt.664.high.88.jpg

It's hard to say who has better wrestling, that's a matter of opinion. Who would have won if this were carried over into a wrestling match? Cruz by points obviously (8 points > 6 points). Whose wrestling was more effective in an MMA environment? Well clearly Cruz since it won him the fight.

It's hard to say who has better wrestling, that's a matter of opinion. Who would have won if this were carried over into a wrestling match? Cruz by points obviously (8 points > 6 points). Whose wrestling was more effective in an MMA environment? Well clearly Cruz since it won him the fight.
Exactly.

Back