Who won the wrestling match between Cruz and Tj Dillashaw ?

A takedown with no control only counts if your fav fighter does it. Otherwise it's lame and wrestling is boring and the fighter should be cut.

Even in the takedown they showed the gif of....its from a slip and tj lands on dom 4 punches to 1 getting back up....

Fixed ;)

Yehh. But I think they consider them the same thing "officially".

no they dont....nor should they....

Slams can end fights. A single leg or a slip that someone just gets back up from while punching their opponent in the face surely doesnt count the same....there is a reason they dont put a "chart of points" in the scoring criteria. It is intentionally left vague for judge interpretation....

More damaging strikes get weighted heavier in scoring just like more damaging takedowns....

Last edited:
Fixed ;)

Yehh. But I think they consider them the same thing "officially".
also ross got right back up. the ankle pick td seemed like he took control on ground. so imo. the second probably resulted in more points. but just the td alone. clearly 1 was more effective "damage wise"

Just bump this thread in another year when everyone goes back to hating Cruz. I'll probably be defending him then like I used to.

Yes.

Is there a point to this? Do you agree or disagree with what I said? What is your opinion about this topic? Gimme something to work with.

I will be with you i think we shall need to start about November imo.

no, no you don't.

no one with any martial arts training - be it striking or grappling, will ever talk the way you do with regards to the ability that someone like Cruz possesses. The way Cruz moves, the angles that he attacks from, the timing of his counters, his ability to seamlessly mix striking and grappling into a single combo.

Cruz is a surgeon inside the cage. Everything is precise to the inch. You dont make a world champion miss like an amateur, but Cruz does it to his opponents time and time again.

You dude, not only do you lack training and the tacit knowledge that comes with it, but you're soundly bitter. You keep saying "point fighter" like it is something embarrassing? You think Conor catching Aldo with a flash ko is more impressive that Cruz making TJ miss for 5 rounds? each to his own I guess.

But one thing is for sure, you do not train. And not only that, you dont appreciate the 'art' part of mixed martial arts.

BitterWetGreatdane.gif

To someone like you, that's not highlight worthy. To someone like me- Holy fucking shit, he dodges the left and as he dodges the right he's already return-firing mid-step. TJ is really fast, he's truly elite. Cruz however, is an actual "once ever".

Cruz had 37% accuracy tj had 30%.
Cruz has never scored a knockdown under zuffa.

Cruz evades and lands tds really well but he is not tge fighter you are making him out to be.

Both failed 7 td attempts.
Even if Cruz failed 4 and landed 4 that is still 50% and TJ fails at 3 and lands 1 that is what 33% and don't get me wrong I like both guys equally but if you look at their stats for each round the fight was a draw except for the takedowns.

He stopped Bowles via hand injury, such an innovative fighter.
Did you watch the Bowles fight ? Cruz completely out classed him lol. You sound like you been watching MMA for a year lol. Cruz put on a clinic in that fight he basically made Bowles quit on the stool. Bowles was the unbeatable champion taking peoples lives with punches at the time. I'm sure you never even seen the fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
why the fuck is this even an argument. Dom landed more successful takedowns which counts as points as per ufc's judging.

whether he's boring or not is a matter of opinion. I like him even more than dry humping gsp because cruz is always dodging strikes which could knock his ass if he fucks up. and he's making pro fighters look like idiots hitting air due to his crazy movements. he's the only decision fighter that i'm always amused watching

why the fuck is this even an argument. Dom landed more successful takedowns which counts as points as per ufc's judging.

whether he's boring or not is a matter of opinion. I like him even more than dry humping gsp because cruz is always dodging strikes which could knock his ass if he fucks up. and he's making pro fighters look like idiots hitting air due to his crazy movements. he's the only decision fighter that i'm always amused watching
Because Alpha is an idiot.

According to you landing 4 takedowns to 1 is not out wrestling someone lol. Get over it your a Cruz hater and Cruz won and the new.
UFC_Boston_Mixed_Martial_Arts-018b1.jpg
I'm a cruz fan and was rooting for him in the tj fight. But you've clearly already decided that number of takedowns is a superior indicator of wrestling ability then the amount of control one has with their takedowns. So why continue discussing it if you won't even hear the countering argument?

Even if Cruz failed 4 and landed 4 that is still 50% and TJ fails at 3 and lands 1 that is what 33% and don't get me wrong I like both guys equally but if you look at their stats for each round the fight was a draw except for the takedowns.
That was a factual statement in response to a factual error in the post.

Back