Who won the wrestling match between Cruz and Tj Dillashaw ?

I dunno, You seem to be the expert. You have any other established terms within the combat sports realm that you wish to change?
So when you say that the wrestling "shouldn't be scored" you mean that people shouldn't say "Dom scored 4 takedowns to TJ's 1"?

So you are saying that the term "score" shouldn't be applied to wrestling in MMA?

Then what does this specific fight have to do with it? (Also, that is a weirdly specific gripe to have...)

You see, I thought by "score" you meant something more like "earning points toward winning a contest" or something like that.

Well don't I feel dumb... And here thought you were arguing that Dom didn't really do enough to win the fight, because on your view wrestling shouldn't be scored in the first place.

I'll reopen it. I am the Keymaster.
5434946724_bddcc2e4f0.jpg

Landed more...threw more......sounds like he not only won the striking, but was also easily the aggessor....you are making the point for us.

One was trying to fight as much as possible, one was getting outstruck and not fighting nearly as much...

There was next to no wrestling....it was inconsequential to the fight.
care to try again?

A takedown with no control only counts if your fav fighter does it. Otherwise it's lame and wrestling is boring and the fighter should be cut.

But they were taken down...
Sure, but I guess the question is: are 4 takedowns worth more or less than a single takedown which resulted in double the time on the ground? Personally I don't think takedowns should score points. A takedown puts you in an advantageous position and it's what you do with that position that should score points.

Sure, but I guess the question is: are 4 takedowns worth more or less than a single takedown which resulted in double the time on the ground? Personally I don't think takedowns should score points. A takedown puts you in an adventitious position and it's what you do with that position that should score points.
It depends really. Takedowns can very so much. Like should this:

GloriousSpicyFlatcoatretriever.gif

really be scored the same as this?

r7umf6_jpg.gif

Tell that to Fedor.

hqdefault.jpg

but really it depends on the fighter, so I won't contest your opinion. My point was simply that TJ scrambling back to his feet within seconds is just as impressive as Cruz taking him down. Even more so imo.

Which is why, in wrestling, takedowns and escapes are worth the same amount of points.

Wait.....

It depends really. Takedowns can very so much. Like should this:

GloriousSpicyFlatcoatretriever.gif

really be scored the same as this?

r7umf6_jpg.gif
The first one should probably give points since it inflicted some damage, the second one shouldn't be scored at all imo.

Its a split.

Cruz landed 4 tds, tj landed 1.

Cruz averaged 9 seconds of control per td, tj averaged 79 seconds of control per td.

He should have heaps, exciting finisher with crazy skill but sadly he needs more WWE training.

Giant fan of Cruz, but it is a bit much to call him a "finisher".

Cruz also stuffed a few of Dillashaw's take downs but it's been so long I can't remember specifics But what that means is although Cruz was not able to hold him on the floor he was able to put him on the floor 4to1 times with less failed attempts. On the flip side is TJ was able to get back to his feet without Cruz establishing any kind of control so you could argue the wrestling was a draw or Cruz edged him out but I can't see TJ as controlling the wrestling. opinions will vary but this is mine

Both failed 7 td attempts.